Anyone else see this on TV the other night? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anyone else see this on TV the other night?

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Beyond Paradise (filmed mostly in Looe) has had plenty of Argyle stuff in it throughout the series. The young copper has an Argyle mug and a scarf behind his desk in his office. (much like Josh Widdecombe likes to get a bit of Argyle into The Last Leg show, Pilgrim Pete sliding down the barriers on last friday's show) (It's a Plymouth Argyle takeover on TV!!!)
I'll be watching last friday's episode later today on the Iplayer as I was calling bingo on friday evening.

Reactions: KJC

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wonder why they don't just say it's Looe? Very strange that.

I Was There

♣️ North Devon Greens
Feb 2, 2022
There was even a mention this week. The policeman asked how he knew the murder victim and the reply was they were both Argyle fans, to which he replied how would he be a Plymouth Argyle fan if he had just moved down from Hastings.
He obviously doesn’t know how widespread the Green Army are.

Aug 5, 2015
Yes I did see it. What was even more amazing was that the two people concerned had moved from the Exeter area!

Feb 8, 2005
I realise that Jim, but why not Looe?
That would be because they filmed in several places. It was largely in Launceston in the first series, but also other places in Cornwall, so they couldn't place it in one town as it wasn't always filmed in that one town. By stating it's taking place in an imaginary town they could film elsewhere in order to find the locations that would suit the various plots.
That's my take, but what do I know?

Dec 16, 2006
Demport
That would be because they filmed in several places. It was largely in Launceston in the first series, but also other places in Cornwall, so they couldn't place it in one town as it wasn't always filmed in that one town. By stating it's taking place in an imaginary town they could film elsewhere in order to find the locations that would suit the various plots.
That's my take, but what do I know?
And the fictional town is supposed to be in South Devon so can't call it Looe (wiki)

Reactions: David Doidge
Sep 7, 2006
The guy who plays the young copper, him from Derrys Girls must have been staying in Plymouth as when they were recently filming it he was often in the Cafe Nero in Dingles.

Reactions: Greendawe
Sep 15, 2010
Plympton
I guess it's writers licence to fictionalise the town. It allows them to create the world. Absolutely love the Argyle references.....why not indeed? Even my good lady looks for the Argyle stuff in the police station.....😂 Great yarns too!!!!

Reactions: oldage

The Pasty Kid

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
It was a plot point that a suspect was an Argyle fan despite being from elsewhere. Tatsuki should watch out