Any news on incoming | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Any news on incoming

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Ade the green":28lnef3e said:
Biggs":28lnef3e said:
Ade the green":28lnef3e said:
I believe that there has been an urgent need for another striker that can play a lone striker role or someone that can compliment our forward line. As such, I would have hoped that our targets had been found before the window open and the trigger pulled to get them on board soon after. As yet, nothing.

I also have a worry that with Adams being strict with his 1 target man only style that any possible recruits wonā€™t join us to sit on the bench.

I am further worried that should anything happen to Taylor after the window closes and no striker recruited then we will have no strike force at all with Ciftci gone (no loss) but Blissett does suit Adams style to a point or Blissett and Fletcher could play together which would mean Adams changing his style (which he wonā€™t).

There, do you want to carry on your interrogation or can you accept that iā€™m still not convinced.

In the words of Graham Taylor in an infamous exchange...

'You worry Ade, you worry. But don't make the f****king REST of us worry!'

'Go and worry on your own!'

flipping ignore me if you donā€™t want to read my opinion. Itā€™s only my opinion.

And I didnā€™t write ā€œflippingā€. That was the swear check.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Ade the green":2i8ggyoz said:
IJN":2i8ggyoz said:
You should ring Derek up Ade, offer your consultancy services! :twisted:

Iā€™ve got no time for him.

Straight to the point :lol: :lol:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Ade the green":rfkjp5xl said:
IJN":rfkjp5xl said:

So if you were asked whether DA has done a good job, an OK job or a bad job since he arrived, you'd say...?

Just curious.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Biggs":aii3asht said:
Ade the green":aii3asht said:
IJN":aii3asht said:

So if you were asked whether DA has done a good job, an OK job or a bad job since he arrived, you'd say...?

Just curious.

Since he arrived?

Started okay/good.... got worse.

And if I asked you

Is Adams Your dad, Your son or God incarnate, youā€™d say?

Curiosity works both ways.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Fair enough, but by any reasonable measure he's done a good job and we're getting better. I'd say 12th in League One, currently joint top of the form table is better than the first season of 5th in League 2 and falling in the play-offs.

If we were consistently doing badly and going backwards, then your follow up question implying I'm in love with Derek Adams would have some merit. The facts say the balanced position is to be happy with his overall job.

Back on subject... I am absolutely fascinated by who comes in during this window, as this is the first one where 1) DA should know exactly what he needs, and 2) where we have a relatively attractive league position to attract players with. And yes, there is no doubt that the last transfer window wasn't great, but the emergence of Lameiras and Edwards' partnership with Bradley has made it seem a lot better.

Feb 2, 2007
Ade the green":7tnxg5zd said:
We started the window with 4 forwards that have started this season.

Taylor - still here. Phew

Ciftci - gone to Motherwell. Phew

Fletcher - gone to Torquay. Loan

Blissett - looking to leave to get 1st team opportunities.

Losing 1/4 was expected, 2/4 disappointing, 3/4 wasteful.

I would only describe one of those as effective at this level though. Fletcher may be one day but the other two are not of this level.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Biggs":2ro5w8wd said:
Fair enough, but by any reasonable measure he's done a good job and we're getting better. I'd say 12th in League One, currently joint top of the form table is better than the first season of 5th in League 2 and falling in the play-offs.

If we were consistently doing badly and going backwards, then your follow up question implying I'm in love with Derek Adams would have some merit. The facts say the balanced position is to be happy with his overall job.

You still felt the same when we were 5 points from the first 12 games so donā€™t give me that.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Biggs":2unmqcz5 said:

I'll echo that Biggsy but add that he's doing a better than good job. He's doing a fantastic job.

I don't know what some people expect, really I don't.

And, for clarity, I'm no relation to DA.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
nick_PASTIE":2vh5153i said:
Ade the green":2vh5153i said:
We started the window with 4 forwards that have started this season.

Taylor - still here. Phew

Ciftci - gone to Motherwell. Phew

Fletcher - gone to Torquay. Loan

Blissett - looking to leave to get 1st team opportunities.

Losing 1/4 was expected, 2/4 disappointing, 3/4 wasteful.

I would only describe one of those as effective at this level though. Fletcher may be one day but the other two are not of this level.

I agree, Ciftci= no loss. Fletcher = one for the future but Blissett - even though heā€™s not of Taylorā€™s level he will be the best we can hope for if Taylor were injured tomorrow.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Not really related but I saw this today. :lol:

oPGDmpE.png

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
IJN":1t3vayhl said:

oPGDmpE.png
O M G

:doh:

Feb 2, 2007
Tugboat":bc7mwpl3 said:
IJN":bc7mwpl3 said:

oPGDmpE.png
O M G

:doh:

Itā€™s true I know bobby Reidā€™s agents dog and he woofed that Reid literally begged us to stay and play for free but we shunned him. Same as Joe Bryan. Sheridanā€™s refusal to invest in yuff didnā€™t help. Ignore Hourihane, apparently shezza thought he was in his 30s and just looked young for his age.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Ade the green":1kg4yoo9 said:
Biggs":1kg4yoo9 said:

You still felt the same when we were 5 points from the first 12 games so donā€™t give me that.

Without trawling through old posts, I'm not sure I did. And if I did, then wow... my judgement is fantastic :greensmile:

Seriously, I think I was wavering and X-Isle was the one still touting his level-headed 'don't panic' mantra at that point.

He was right, as were James Brent and the rest of the board.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
Suggest we wait until the end of the season before deciding anyone is/was right.