Alex Battle re-signs for Argyle | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alex Battle re-signs for Argyle

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Tugboat":ifgmm2q0 said:
PL2 3DQ":ifgmm2q0 said:
23,000 views and 14 pages on someone who is not an Argyle player and does not want to play for us. :)

Unbelievable.

Pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things

Moved on to a discussion about Rhys Griffiths of all players, Pasoti at its absolute finest :lol:

Jun 22, 2015
MarkMatthews":2y6pzrz5 said:
davie nine":2y6pzrz5 said:
Pele10":2y6pzrz5 said:
Told not part of plans by DA, goes Bolton, receives offer, Argyle then say you are part of plans just not 1st team plans. Cleverly worded, hence the issues.
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2018/april/six-offered-pro-deals/
This (above) seems to indicate, quietly clearly, that Alex Battle was offered a contract at the same time as Hodges, Jephcott, Law, Sangster and Rooney.
How can it be suggested that he was not part of Argyle's plans on 30th April in the same way as the other 5 were?
Obviously, it was quite possible and understandable that Alex, having been used as a substitute in the last game of the 2017/18 season, asked the manager if he was part of the first team plans for 2018/19 and was told that he had been offered a contract as he had shown sufficient progress and potential for management to continue to monitor his progress by offering him a contract.
It could be suggested that your second 'explanation', compared to your first on page 5 of this thread, has also been 'cleverly worded'.
As I have indicated on many occasions, I hope that Alex is still with us when these 'issues' have been resolved.

Perhaps he was told in February, he wouldn’t be part of DA plans and free to go, hence why his trial was in February. Only for Argyle then to make him an offer/stumbling block.

:whistle:

Feb 15, 2005
Yes we developed this lad and have invested in him and we should protect our assets however It’s hard to think of any similar employment that could prevent a person from moving to a new employer for 5 years.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Well done Alex and good luck for this season and beyond, hopefully you'll have a long and successful career, preferably here . Now show us what you've got.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
briangreen":2os0xwhm said:
Not exactly the future i envisaged for this young man, the term left high and dry really comes into its own in this situation.
It may be of his own making, but we don't know the facts. All I know is he has an ability to score goals and the goals he has scored have been on the wilf carter standard, 20 yards out and the keeper stands no chance. This is a rare talent and that's the reason I have highlighted this particular individual.
I think Alex Battle himself needs to speak up and explain the situation. Derek has already said his piece, fair enough, now let's hear the rest from Alex.
He probably reads this thread or a friend has brought it to his attention.
I personally believe he should return back, sign the contract and then go out on loan. Prove to Derek he has something exceptional to offer Argyle.
Just sinking off will only buy him obscurity and a job in Tescos. If that that's what you want Alex, best of luck and see you in the Sunday amateur league...
This is the post that convinced me that I wanted PAFC to persevere with Alex Battle. I assume that 'briangreen' has seen Alex play more often than I have but, certainly, from the games I have seen, he has a powerful shot and can score from many positions.

Who, in our squad, other than Graham Carey, has shown that he can score from 20 yards or more?

C

Cult Of Personality

Won't get a chance. Is behind Taylor Freddie Dyson fletcher and Grant. Argyle just making sure to get some money off him if he does sign a deal somewhere