Alex Battle re-signs for Argyle | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alex Battle re-signs for Argyle

Jul 6, 2011
Presto":14t108q9 said:
Perhaps, Maybe, what if, DA might of - and so it goes on. Only fact known is that he was offerred a contract and declined it. Nobody on here knows any more only the lad himself and the Argyle management know the truth.

Was he a 20 goal a season player - no. Was he a key component of the mid field -no was he a stalwart of the back 4 - no. He made one appearance for a few minutes in the last game of the season. What is all this nonsense. He does not want to play in green so good luck and good bye.

Actually he was a 20 goals a season player, maybe not in the first team, but you actually didn't specify the first team. Alex obviously knows where the onion bag is. I hope the situation gets sorted soon for all concerned, especially for the lad himself.

Aug 5, 2016
briangreen":3exfwltw said:
Presto":3exfwltw said:
Perhaps, Maybe, what if, DA might of - and so it goes on. Only fact known is that he was offerred a contract and declined it. Nobody on here knows any more only the lad himself and the Argyle management know the truth.

Was he a 20 goal a season player - no. Was he a key component of the mid field -no was he a stalwart of the back 4 - no. He made one appearance for a few minutes in the last game of the season. What is all this nonsense. He does not want to play in green so good luck and good bye.

Actually he was a 20 goals a season player, maybe not in the first team, but you actually didn't specify the first team. Alex obviously knows where the onion bag is. I hope the situation gets sorted soon for all concerned, especially for the lad himself.

I'll tell you who knew where the onion bag was, the fireman Rhys Griffiths. Phenomenal goal record. As you say you don't need to specify at which level, he was an Argyle player who could score for fun.

Aug 2, 2011
Knibbsworth":1hee78x5 said:
briangreen":1hee78x5 said:
Presto":1hee78x5 said:

I'll tell you who knew where the onion bag was, the fireman Rhys Griffiths. Phenomenal goal record. As you say you don't need to specify at which level, he was an Argyle player who could score for fun.

Griffiths was indeed a prolific goal scorer in non league clubs but his early success with Argyle 3 early goals fizzled out and his mobe ro Newport resulted in zero goals in 10 appearances. It is a big step up from non league to even league 2. Because Battle scored heavily at the level he was playing did not mean it would continue as a dulltime professional in league1. Time will tell assuming he finds a good club to join.

Personally I think he was daft to turn the Argyle offer down but my opinion is uninformed as is that of the majority of posters on here. However I hope for his sake he makes the grade somewhere. Football career dreams are often dashed.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
23,000 views and 14 pages on someone who is not an Argyle player and does not want to play for us. :)

Jul 6, 2011
Presto":12ro76zi said:
Knibbsworth":12ro76zi said:
briangreen":12ro76zi said:
Presto":12ro76zi said:

Griffiths was indeed a prolific goal scorer in non league clubs but his early success with Argyle 3 early goals fizzled out and his mobe ro Newport resulted in zero goals in 10 appearances. It is a big step up from non league to even league 2. Because Battle scored heavily at the level he was playing did not mean it would continue as a dulltime professional in league1. Time will tell assuming he finds a good club to join.

Personally I think he was daft to turn the Argyle offer down but my opinion is uninformed as is that of the majority of posters on here. However I hope for his sake he makes the grade somewhere. Football career dreams are often dashed.

Anyone who saw any of his games will tell you if he was playing in today's argyle he would score a hatfull.
In that team he was left miles up front on his own, had no one to pass the ball to and they just hoofed it to him where he was outnumbered. Brilliant tactics from an experienced manager.. not.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
briangreen":2gvqfjpq said:
Anyone who saw any of his games will tell you if he was playing in today's argyle he would score a hatfull.

Griffiths? I don't know how you can say that with any certainty.

Decent player and nice bloke, but there's no way he'd be a top League 1 striker.

G

greengiant1886

Biggs":b5jmu8j8 said:
briangreen":b5jmu8j8 said:

Decent player and nice bloke, but there's no way he'd be a top League 1 striker.
100% agreed.

Let's not forget he joined Newport County whilst they were in the Conference during their promotion, made 10 appearances at that level and did not score.

Jul 6, 2011
greengiant1886":3vfdariw said:
Biggs":3vfdariw said:
briangreen":3vfdariw said:

100% agreed.

Let's not forget he joined Newport County whilst they were in the Conference during their promotion, made 10 appearances at that level and did not score.

Means nothing, even good players struggle in a rubbish team. He knew how to score goals, but the tactics almost sent us down to the conference.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I love your enthusiasm Brian, but its going to be a very lonely path you tread arguing that Rhys Griffiths was a good player.

At the right level maybe, but as a pro footballer sadly not - at the time it was a chance worth taking and if he had shown anything that promised a professional footballer existed in his frame, someone else would have taken a low risk punt - they didn't!!

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
He will find his level at Truro or Parkeay seen him play a dozen times never struct me as a future Argyle player Harvey and Rooney had more ability at his age.
Time to move this thread toes players.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
PL2 3DQ":3fgp4lmz said:
23,000 views and 14 pages on someone who is not an Argyle player and does not want to play for us. :)

Unbelievable.

Pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things

G

greengiant1886

briangreen":2e7a8e0l said:
greengiant1886":2e7a8e0l said:
Biggs":2e7a8e0l said:
briangreen":2e7a8e0l said:

100% agreed.

Means nothing, even good players struggle in a rubbish team. He knew how to score goals, but the tactics almost sent us down to the conference.
As I say, Newport were promoted that year so I would imagine weren't too shabby for the league.