Advertising | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Advertising

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
djg145":1rtz99x8 said:
I know you need advertisements - but when you load a new page - seconds later, just as your going to click on a post/thread - it all moves as the advert at the top pushes its way in - what was wrong with the static adverts?

That IS annoying, but if you wait a second, that won't happen. As for your question, very simply this gives the site more money to play with. Helping us to improve things (content, style etc) and pay for hosting and give us the bandwidth we need.

This is a massive site, has brilliant stats, and takes some coping with. Most sites (take GoS as an example) have downtime due to the hosts slowing things down. We are on top of that, and that costs money I'm afraid, I know it's new and different but we can't stand still.

Ian

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
saffronwalden green":gttdpopo said:
Maybe something I need to do at my end, advice appreciated if so. I am getting google generated ads that appear at the top of the page whenever I enter PASOTI. The ads are often different and generally nothing to do with Plymouth. The last was one inviting me to find out what pension I could have depending on the size of my pension pot, all a bit irrelevant as I am already a pensioner.

You're doing nothing wrong. :greensmile: These adverts are very generic.

Ian

Feb 2, 2007
I totally understand the desire to add revenue for the good causes Pasoti supports, however, the ticker ad at the bottom viewing on the iPad is distracting and the mobile app on my phone is now harder to use as I accidentally clicked on the ad when posting and got taken to other realms I didn’t wish for several times over the weekend.

Unfortunately, experiences like this risk driving down clicks and therefore making it less attractive for posters, primary aim of site and then advertising revenue drops as clicks drop.

My suggestions are:

1. Remove mobile ad on pages you can post from.
2. Change ticker to static ads.

Try that and I think you will achieve a healthy balance.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
All thoughts appreciated Nick.

The ticker tape at the bottom will be removed tomorrow.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
I see no difference whatsoever. No pop-ups, no ticker ads, no nothing. Can't figure out what you're all talking about.

Not complaining mind, but just wondering why this is? Windows 10 laptop, Microsoft Edge browser all recently installed. Not aware I'm using any form of ad blocker, unless it defaults to these.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I don't get that the scrolling ad (for Player of the Month) is distracting!

Yes, I know it's there but I've looked at it once, I'm not going to look at it again.

When I'm reading the posts, that's where the focus is...smack bang in the middle of the screen, not at the bottom of the page.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
All I've seen is the ad at the very bottom of the screen which is hardly noticeable and doesn't hinder the posts. There are a lot of websites far worse.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
It's a competition? Why not just a thread of it's own like your Face In The Crowd? I think you are just showing off with your new toys Ian ;)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
What ARE you on about now?????

Someone explain to him will you?

May 22, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":17do58a2 said:
It's a competition? Why not just a thread of it's own like your Face In The Crowd? I think you are just showing off with your new toys Ian ;)

They're the sponsors of the PFA Fans' Player Of The Month Award. It's not a Pasoti / IJN thing. I'm not sure why Ian went for the scrolling banner (it takes the number of front-page ads up to thirteen if you count the Pasoti logo and the 9 sponsored subforums) but it's easy to remove if it really bothers you.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Ham Green":3k97c731 said:
Lundan Cabbie":3k97c731 said:

They're the sponsors of the PFA Fans' Player Of The Month Award. It's not a Pasoti / IJN thing. I'm not sure why Ian went for the scrolling banner (it takes the number of front-page ads up to thirteen if you count the Pasoti logo and the 9 sponsored subforums) but it's easy to remove if it really bothers you.

Why not just start a new subject and post the link in the opening page like you have always done and then people wont be moaning about the distraction at the bottom of the screen?