Advertising | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Advertising

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I see them, they aren't pop ups as such, and they simply hang here, and they don't follow you or obstruct anything.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yes you can, but if you leave them alone, they don't do anything, just hang at the bottom.

It's probably worth reminding everyone again, that this deal will mean an increase to PAFC related good stuff.

I've been told that a website full of pop ups and intrusive adverts has people mentioning our advertising, all I will say is we give a lot of money to PAFC, that one gives nothing. :whistle:

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
If i'm honest Pasoti and the BBC news, were my two great ad free websites.

Whilst your not at the level of Plymouth Live or Bristol Post - the new ads are annoying. Especially on a phone. And that damn scrolling banner. Can you just stop it moving?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I view pasoti on my phone and I haven’t noticed any difference at all on my phone other than 2 pop up ads that shouldn’t have appeared and have now stopped.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Stuart, do you look at the grey mobile site or the desktop version on the mobile.

To be honest I’m using it all day at the moment and I’m finding it hard to get annoyed by it.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
desktop version, the ads drop down from the top of the page. There not to bad to be fair.

I'm on a PC at the moment, and the scrolling banner at the bottom is really distracting though.

Mar 14, 2009
I must thankyou for the free Eminem song that was just played to me lol.

Personally I liked it. Not sure how others will take it though :shh:

The banner..... well its just a banner.....although the retirement advert above my head for 1 million I don't see an x to click it off btw...just a mute symbol for any sounds.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Stuart House":um0j7inf said:
desktop version, the ads drop down from the top of the page. There not to bad to be fair.

I'm on a PC at the moment, and the scrolling banner at the bottom is really distracting though.

It would pee me off if it wasn't footie related I must admit. There certainly won't be a lot of these.

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
It was really annoying me so I've made it disappear using AdBlock.

Dec 3, 2005
I know you need advertisements - but when you load a new page - seconds later, just as your going to click on a post/thread - it all moves as the advert at the top pushes its way in - what was wrong with the static adverts?

Also that stuff at the bottom - hate it - sorry.

Maybe something I need to do at my end, advice appreciated if so. I am getting google generated ads that appear at the top of the page whenever I enter PASOTI. The ads are often different and generally nothing to do with Plymouth. The last was one inviting me to find out what pension I could have depending on the size of my pension pot, all a bit irrelevant as I am already a pensioner.