Advertising | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Advertising

Sep 7, 2006
I find them distracting in their current form, and as others have said, the sort of jump that the page performs is especially annoying. They're a bit clunky, and seem like Internet forum advertising from the days when it first became a thing.

I use another (non-football) forum which also has adverts in a form where I barely notice them, and where the forum has almost identical functionality.

Unfortunately, I found the adverts here irritating enough to reinstall Adblock.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
dazzy3000":15rtucsd said:
Here I am trying to catch up on my football team, and all this site can do is invite me to be part of the ‘pet family’ and ‘feel the joy’ by watching kinky bloody boots!

Sonds like your missus has been trying to buy you a couple of West End tickets for a birthday treat dazza.

Aug 2, 2011
The Herald shot itself in the foot with endless ads. I just hope PASOTI does not do the same.

What I find really annoying and it is applicable to all websites now,is the ludicrous statement that says effectively if you view the website you are agreeing to allow them to use your data to do what they wish with. There is no opt out which says you cannot use my data but still allows me to view the site. So why bother with the pointless question in the first place. If you do not agree you camnot visit it anyway!

As previously stated the PASOTI site needs funding to be sustainable. I personally would rather make an annual subscription than be continually told that someone's mother nearly ( but not quite ) cried cause the little genius made a few millionin the cellar. You would think she could have at least shed a drop or two - miserable old cow.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
The ad at the top is working as it should? The bottom strip is present but with no content, just a white box. I have not altered my settings.

robbieB

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 6, 2011
Screen not "jumping" any more. Much better to use. Thank you.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We’re getting there. That was a right pain.

What we have now will be it.

I’m pleased with the way it’s gone. Also very relieved.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
The ad strip at the bottom of the screen is blank, the white box is annoying whereas the ads are easily put into the periphery.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Laptop Ian, but it now appears to have sorted itself, normal service resumed.