Adam's Post Match Excuses | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adam's Post Match Excuses

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
rdr123":135xb674 said:
GreenThing":135xb674 said:
HC Green":135xb674 said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":135xb674 said:
rdr123":135xb674 said:
TruroTerry":135xb674 said:
Giving a 4 year contract for DA is like pouring the concrete on your own boots. It just does not make financial sense. Really surprised JB agreed to that. Showing once again he is not a football man or indeed a shrewd businessman. Weve gone from an alchoholic to a meglomaniac. Sad times.

Very true, I thought 2 years would have been more appropriate. I see Bradford have already sacked their manager.

That's Bradfords 4th manager in 12 months......that's a diabolical way to run a football club..

Bradford is an example of a Club where the Chairman/owner is pumping lots of their own money in and when the results don’t match their expectations then they panic because they want success now and aren’t prepared to wait.

Must be a northern thing. Leeds also change their manager more often that I change my underpants.

What's the secret behind making a pair of underpants last 3 month's? It would help to cut a few ££ off the washing powder expenditure!

Turn them inside out and hit them with a hammer.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
GreenThing":26k061w1 said:
HC Green":26k061w1 said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":26k061w1 said:
rdr123":26k061w1 said:
TruroTerry":26k061w1 said:
Giving a 4 year contract for DA is like pouring the concrete on your own boots. It just does not make financial sense. Really surprised JB agreed to that. Showing once again he is not a football man or indeed a shrewd businessman. Weve gone from an alchoholic to a meglomaniac. Sad times.

Very true, I thought 2 years would have been more appropriate. I see Bradford have already sacked their manager.

That's Bradfords 4th manager in 12 months......that's a diabolical way to run a football club..

Bradford is an example of a Club where the Chairman/owner is pumping lots of their own money in and when the results don’t match their expectations then they panic because they want success now and aren’t prepared to wait.

Must be a northern thing. Leeds also change their manager more often that I change my underpants.

Does the disease stretch to Sheffield Utd?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":1av4i3k8 said:
GreenThing":1av4i3k8 said:
HC Green":1av4i3k8 said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":1av4i3k8 said:
rdr123":1av4i3k8 said:
TruroTerry":1av4i3k8 said:

Does the disease stretch to Sheffield Utd?

Hey, my pants might have been on for 3 months but there’s no diseases down there!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
HC Green":311vaoey said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":311vaoey said:
rdr123":311vaoey said:
TruroTerry":311vaoey said:

Nought wrong with AMBITION

R

rdr123

samjones":27vmqb4q said:
HC Green":27vmqb4q said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":27vmqb4q said:
rdr123":27vmqb4q said:
TruroTerry":27vmqb4q said:

Nought wrong with AMBITION

Not really a great way to go about it though! A chairman who wanted to spend money on players would be nice. There is no way we can stay in League 1 relying on free transfers.

Oct 24, 2010
I don't know why anybody gets worked up over the managers comments. Adams, like all managers, when they make these comments have the next game in mind, not the last.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
“I thought we were the better team at Bristol. We created numerous chances and despite their keeper making no saves we made their defence put in strong challenges. Their manager will be relieved they got that win.

Us losing the toss was a major problem as it meant the early afternoon sun was in our eyes. The foul for their first penalty was outside the box and even before that the assistant referee gave Bristol a throw in that was ours, that was a major contributor to the way the game went.

Their second and third penalties were caused by us chasing the game. I think those were the only two times Graham Carey slide tackled all game.

Their fourth penalty was stone wall and it was a decision we will have to take. Matthew Macey is young and he will learn from that, taking his drink bottle in to the goal was the cause of that in my eyes.

I thought our disallowed goal was unlucky. The referee has indicated that Edwards tucked the ball up his shirt and ran the length of the pitch and placed the ball in the net. I didn’t see it, so we’ll have to take a look at the video.

Bristol’s fifth and sixth penalties were simply frustration from the experienced lads. They need to rise above all that chanting. No-one is getting sacked in the morning at this club. I have made the players know that I expect better.

Social media will probably say that starting with Kyle Letheren and Michael Cooper as centre backs was unexpected. Those two have worked hard in training and deserved their starting places. I only substituted them early as they picked up small strains.

We will soon click and be chasing the playoffs. I am the best person to run this football team and I agree with myself on that one.”

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
6 games in lol,,,,,,, have a look after 10 games, and then again at christmas,( if its still looking dodge by then thats time to panic) but not now,

Apr 5, 2008
Yes check how many teams that started on fire are still their by Xmas,still 40 games to yet !

Oct 16, 2016
Now he ‘feels like an outsider’ in pessimistic Plymouth.

Plymouth is no different to any other area. There will be negative and positive people and also people in between

Degsy starting to turn on the ‘people’, not a good sign. He has very distinctive traits does ol’ Degsy and those traits are starting to surface at a time of indifference

R

rdr123

Hopefully we don't need any excuses today! Like Adam's has said himself; once we get that win we'll be on our way. Fingers crossed it happens today!