Adam's Post Match Excuses | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adam's Post Match Excuses

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Steve Evans":63uft2kl said:
Phil Sloggett":63uft2kl said:
I wasn’t thrilled to see that Adams was awarded a new 5 year contract at the start of the season and am obviously even less convinced now.

Our players are generally offered 1 or 2 year deals to keep them ‘on their toes’ and performing well, yet he gets the security of a 5 year contract? How does that work?

The manager of a football club (or ‘Head of Football’, if you are inclined to call it that) is the single most powerful individual when it comes to the footballing side.

I think that to offer a person who has done pretty well but has shown his limitations such a long deal is something of a gamble as we surely cannot afford to buy out a £500k contract.

How many years did he have remaining at the start of this season? Three years? Would it not have made more sense to see how we started this season and then open contract negotiations?

With regards to the opening post, I personally found his comments about Portsmouth highly embarrassing.
if derek left tomorrow who would you appoint of the managers available please?

You don’t need managers that are currently out if work.. you just advertise and see who wants it. Other than that I’d go for Zinadine Zadane.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Phil Sloggett":2not7g5o said:
HC Green":2not7g5o said:
Phil Sloggett":2not7g5o said:
I wasn’t thrilled to see that Adams was awarded a new 5 year contract at the start of the season and am obviously even less convinced now.

Our players are generally offered 1 or 2 year deals to keep them ‘on their toes’ and performing well, yet he gets the security of a 5 year contract? How does that work?

The manager of a football club (or ‘Head of Football’, if you are inclined to call it that) is the single most powerful individual when it comes to the footballing side.

I think that to offer a person who has done pretty well but has shown his limitations such a long deal is something of a gamble as we surely cannot afford to buy out a £500k contract.

How many years did he have remaining at the start of this season? Three years? Would it not have made more sense to see how we started this season and then open contract negotiations?

With regards to the opening post, I personally found his comments about Portsmouth highly embarrassing.

Why did you find it embarrassing?

He had 2 years 3 months remaining of his 4 year contract when it was extended in May.

“They can have their day today & rightly so they have won 3-0, but just have got to remember we have finished above them twice out of three seasons.”

These comments just sounded bitter and childish, that is why I found them embarrassing. It sounds like we were played off the park again yesterday (something the stats back up also) and our manager focuses on an early penalty shout and then says “Well Portsmouth need to remember we were better than them last year”.

Last year is finished. Derek Adams needs to put his ego to one side, stop winding others up and focus on improving our league position.

I stand corrected regarding his contract, I find it hard to believe clubs would be running to take him off our hands right now if he had just under two years left.

I thought it was a great comment. Credit where credit was due and then a little dig. Just like Cloughie would have done! ' The best manager England never had'. The knives are clearly out and most of usual protagonists are shouting loudly! :yawn:

Aug 2, 2011
Balham_Green":22l03nnp said:
I've never liked Adams as a personality. Comes across as arrogant as well as very dull. But that is not important if he wins football matches.
I am just amazed at all those on here saying he is a great manager. Much of the football is very negstive. He got us promoted from a division which we should never be in anyway at SECOND attempt. And had 3 good months last season. Much of our success is down to one player anyway. I think he has been a lucky manager now being found out. Time will tell. But to gI've him a 5 year contract was ridiculous.

To be fair most football managers are arrogant and a large proportion of Scots are pretty dour. Ferguson, Jose M, to name but two. Also true to say most footballers are pretty arrogant . Ferguson blamed everyone in sight when he lost refs, linesmen, time keeping etcetc. As far as DA goes I suspect his overall win ratio is as good if not better than any previous Argyle manager. Yes it is depressing when we start as we have but there is a longway to go before the end of the season.

This time last year many posters were screaming for his head by January they were proclaiming him as the best since slice brad was invented. It also need to be remembered we have spent the majority of our history as a club in leagues1 and 2 or the old leagues 3 and 4. Not that that makes me happy. Our history hardly resonants as a top tier club. Wihout a substantive injection of cashliquidity it is difficult to see how we are going to achieve sustainability in the Championship even if we manage to get there. We could of course as some would seem to suggest borrow to an extent that cannot be sustained by way of income and ultimately end in administraion again. No thanks.

Aug 12, 2018
Giving a 4 year contract for DA is like pouring the concrete on your own boots. It just does not make financial sense. Really surprised JB agreed to that. Showing once again he is not a football man or indeed a shrewd businessman. *Libellous comment edited by admin* Sad times.

R

rdr123

TruroTerry":2ez4g4wi said:
Giving a 4 year contract for DA is like pouring the concrete on your own boots. It just does not make financial sense. Really surprised JB agreed to that. Showing once again he is not a football man or indeed a shrewd businessman. Weve gone from an alchoholic to a meglomaniac. Sad times.

Very true, I thought 2 years would have been more appropriate. I see Bradford have already sacked their manager.

Nov 10, 2008
cambridgeshire
What concerns me about his comments after pompey was the way he totally dismissed the bringing on of carey and lamerias,he was like that about threlkeld when he got injured and that didnt end well,so maybe the writing is on the wall for one or both of them to leave in January.

R

rdr123

cornishbob":2rgnnpsu said:
What concerns me about his comments after pompey was the way he totally dismissed the bringing on of carey and lamerias,he was like that about threlkeld when he got injured and that didnt end well,so maybe the writing is on the wall for one or both of them to leave in January.

There is a discussion about Carey in the rumours section. Someone said it's as if a club as said they'll sign him in January so he isn't really trying, could be the same with Lamerias? I think it's a but of a long shot and they'll stay till the end of the season and then leave. I think this is deffinately Carey's last season with us though.

Oct 16, 2016
My view on Ruben is fairly well recorded (he’s absolute scutter) but Carey is about the closest the club has to a championship grade player, massive boots to fill when he foxtrot oscar’s BUT the fact is it needs more than one of this standard to even survive here and now

Oct 14, 2015
rdr123":1ocz7ecq said:
TruroTerry":1ocz7ecq said:
Giving a 4 year contract for DA is like pouring the concrete on your own boots. It just does not make financial sense. Really surprised JB agreed to that. Showing once again he is not a football man or indeed a shrewd businessman. Weve gone from an alchoholic to a meglomaniac. Sad times.

Very true, I thought 2 years would have been more appropriate. I see Bradford have already sacked their manager.

That's Bradfords 4th manager in 12 months......that's a diabolical way to run a football club..

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Welwyn Pilgrim":1bq3lss4 said:
rdr123":1bq3lss4 said:
TruroTerry":1bq3lss4 said:

That's Bradfords 4th manager in 12 months......that's a diabolical way to run a football club..

Agreed, they haven't even been in any danger of relegation in that time, pretty shocking to be honest.

May 8, 2011
TruroTerry":3gfu5365 said:
Giving a 4 year contract for DA is like pouring the concrete on your own boots. It just does not make financial sense. Really surprised JB agreed to that. Showing once again he is not a football man or indeed a shrewd businessman. *Libellous comment edited by admin* Sad times.

Adams was given a 4 year contract in 2016, so extending that by another 3 years doesn’t seem that strange.

Isn’t it odd how people criticise the Club for allegedly only giving out short contracts and now they are being criticised for giving out an apparently long one.

May 8, 2011
Welwyn Pilgrim":2ww6aoqt said:
rdr123":2ww6aoqt said:
TruroTerry":2ww6aoqt said:

Bradford is an example of a Club where the Chairman/owner is pumping lots of their own money in and when the results don’t match their expectations then they panic because they want success now and aren’t prepared to wait.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
HC Green":203xwxcl said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":203xwxcl said:
rdr123":203xwxcl said:
TruroTerry":203xwxcl said:

Bradford is an example of a Club where the Chairman/owner is pumping lots of their own money in and when the results don’t match their expectations then they panic because they want success now and aren’t prepared to wait.

Must be a northern thing. Leeds also change their manager more often that I change my underpants.

R

rdr123

GreenThing":204fi3qu said:
HC Green":204fi3qu said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":204fi3qu said:
rdr123":204fi3qu said:
TruroTerry":204fi3qu said:

Must be a northern thing. Leeds also change their manager more often that I change my underpants.

What's the secret behind making a pair of underpants last 3 month's? It would help to cut a few ££ off the washing powder expenditure!