Adam's Post Match Excuses | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adam's Post Match Excuses

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I can only assume so and it suggests whatever is being said isn't making a difference.

But back to the topic at hand, whilst some, including myself, are disappointed in Adams' interviews I really hope it's just a front to avoid the players becoming a target by the fans and keeping a focus on himself.

Hopefully the "lock in" yesterday will have a similar impact to the one last season, just a frustration it had to happen AGAIN!

Jul 12, 2016
Surprisingly ,I also agree with BG. Wish DA would stop making excuses for the teams inadequacies. He signed these players and the buck stops with him.

May 8, 2011
oldage":267vtfni said:
Surprisingly ,I also agree with BG. Wish DA would stop making excuses for the teams inadequacies. He signed these players and the buck stops with him.

I canā€™t remember Adams ever using excuses, he always gives reasons normally quite detailed and specific as he did yesterday.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
HC Green":w6h1j7vl said:
oldage":w6h1j7vl said:

I canā€™t remember Adams ever using excuses, he always gives reasons normally quite detailed and specific as he did yesterday.
Yesterday he focused a lot on a penalty not being given. He was blaming the referee and looking for an excuse.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Argy1e":3i6drx5i said:
HC Green":3i6drx5i said:
oldage":3i6drx5i said:

Yesterday he focused a lot on a penalty not being given. He was blaming the referee and looking for an excuse.

Maybe just stating that had that penalty been given it could have relaxed us somewhat and maybe we wouldnā€™t have been so defensively inept?

All ifs and buts obviously but trying see it from his perspective a little.

justanotherfan

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
rsp4":2yjejbxj said:
Balham_Green":2yjejbxj said:
I've never liked Adams as a personality. Comes across as arrogant as well as very dull. But that is not important if he wins football matches.
I am just amazed at all those on here saying he is a great manager. Much of the football is very negstiveasy. He got us promoted from a division which we should never be in anyway at SECOND attempt. And had 3 good months last season. Much of our success is down to one player anyway. I think he has been a lucky manager now being found out. Time will tell. But to gI've him a 5 year contract was ridiculous.

Blimey I agree with BG. OMG times are hard :)

When you cut out the sarcasm and cynicism BG you are eminently readable and raise some valid points, long live the new BG.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Argy1e":3foq25is said:
HC Green":3foq25is said:
oldage":3foq25is said:

He was right about the penalty though wasnā€™t he?
It should have been given. Is he not allowed to mention it when itā€™s a pivotal moment of the game?
He also said we gave the ball away for the first 2 goals.
Again, not an excuse. I imagine heā€™d have been furious about how softly we gave them possession both times.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The biggest stonewall penalty for years.

I had the perfect view and I was sitting next to Pompey fans and they agreed it was 100% a pen.

Apr 12, 2016
Justin":1yw28uja said:
Argy1e":1yw28uja said:
HC Green":1yw28uja said:
oldage":1yw28uja said:

He was right about the penalty though wasnā€™t he?
It should have been given. Is he not allowed to mention it when itā€™s a pivotal moment of the game?
He also said we gave the ball away for the first 2 goals.
Again, not an excuse. I imagine heā€™d have been furious about how softly we gave them possession both times.
Thing is that although some of criticisms of DA and the team's peformance have some vailidity there are a lot of posters on here that have just simply got it in for him. Even if we went on a superb run from now the next time we lost a couple of games the knives would be out for him (suspect the knives would be continually sharpened all through the run so they can be used straight away when needed)

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I haven't seen the 'penalty' to this point so I can't say. But I hadn't seen anyone mention it before Adams' interview.

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Not fed up at all. They're the most entertaining thing about the matches at the moment. Totally at odds with reality we can always count on the Head of Fiction to conjure up some sort of far fetched fantasy as to why his managerial brilliance was thwarted by the referee, moss, the el nino effect or a thousand other plagues sent to test him. Who needs a library card when we have Adams' post match make-believe?

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":35rjgspw said:
oldage":35rjgspw said:

Ha like your sarcasm!

Mar 16, 2009
London
Argy1e":3b380q0i said:
I haven't seen the 'penalty' to this point so I can't say. But I hadn't seen anyone mention it before Adams' interview.

Maybe because those that didnā€™t even watch the match are making their opinion heard louder than anyone else.

But hey, letā€™s trust them over Adams.

Oct 24, 2010
Justin":36js861k said:
Argy1e":36js861k said:

Maybe because those that didnā€™t even watch the match are making their opinion heard louder than anyone else.

Oct 24, 2010
Justin":3rglv71g said:
Argy1e":3rglv71g said:

Adams was referring to Ladapo's missed chance.He beat the goalkeeper to the ball who followed through and took Ladapo out. If it was an outfield player it would have been a clear penalty but goaalkeepers seem to play to a different set of laws. It was particularly frustrating as they went straight up the other end and scored