Adams in demand? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams in demand?

May 8, 2011
jespafc":3w3sfdfb said:
I get the impression Adams is very ambitious, and I think at some point in the not too distant future that ambition will see him depart this footballing backwater...unfortunately.

However, in the meantime let's just enjoy where we are right now. Only 3-4 years ago we were facing an unimaginable disaster. Now we are dreaming of an unlikely playoff encounter.

Hopefully the board are preparing for when Adams moves on.

I am not sure I would say Adams is ambitious, my take is that he wants to stay a successful manager, and that can be at any Club. If the stories are true he stayed at Ross County even though being linked to jobs at supposedly larger clubs.
I fully expect Adams to see out his contract at Argyle and then whether he decides to extend his contract or leave will depend on what he believes he can further achieve with Argyle.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
HC Green":3rme120f said:
jespafc":3rme120f said:
I get the impression Adams is very ambitious, and I think at some point in the not too distant future that ambition will see him depart this footballing backwater...unfortunately.

However, in the meantime let's just enjoy where we are right now. Only 3-4 years ago we were facing an unimaginable disaster. Now we are dreaming of an unlikely playoff encounter.

Hopefully the board are preparing for when Adams moves on.

I am not sure I would say Adams is ambitious, my take is that he wants to stay a successful manager, and that can be at any Club. If the stories are true he stayed at Ross County even though being linked to jobs at supposedly larger clubs.
I fully expect Adams to see out his contract at Argyle and then whether he decides to extend his contract or leave will depend on what he believes he can further achieve with Argyle.

Yeah, he was at Ross County for a while, so hopefully that was down to loyalty. I would say though that being successful in England and at Argyle will draw more attention than his success at Ross County, and once the offers come with bigger budgets, and a bigger salary, I fear we'll lose Adams.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
A successful manager at EFL level with a challenging budget is not necessarily successful with a big budget and ‘prima donnas’ to manage.

I hope that DA values the respect and loyalty that he has earned from our board although who could blame him if he wants to test his skills at a much higher level?

May 16, 2016
davie nine":2z9iop0l said:
A successful manager at EFL level with a challenging budget is not necessarily successful with a big budget and ‘prima donnas’ to manage.

I hope that DA values the respect and loyalty that he has earned from our board although who could blame him if he wants to test his skills at a much higher level?

A Manager who proves he can cut it with a small budget will always stand out for that reason. Prove your worth with a relativley poor budget and the chances are, thats what you'll always get regardless of where you go.

Paul Sturrock moving to Southampton for example, apparently found some of the Players he inherited were a different challenge to the ones he had here.

Cant blame him or anyone for taking the opportunity should it arrive. I often wonder why the snappy dressing dandy fop up the road has never moved on. Total control v some control perhaps ?

N

newquaygreen

Cobi Budge":s58wzquq said:
Season 1: League 2 Wembley play off final.
Season 2: League 2 promotion.
Season 3: The season isn't over yet but we're more than half way through and we're in the top half of League 1.

You are always going to have poor patches and purple patches, but the above is the overall picture, and it's quite astonishing that people can still find reasons to be pedantic and negative.

I hope Adams is here for a long time to come.

Not forgetting that we were not done over at the play-off final, Wombles were very lucky.
Promotion season was good, we deserved to go up
As for this season any club can struggle in a new division, past season has no bearing on anything. Many promoted sides go straight back down. Don't forget we have done really well against top opposition recently, that should not be forgotten.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
newquaygreen":zhnocagp said:
Cobi Budge":zhnocagp said:
Season 3: The season isn't over yet but we're more than half way through and we're in the top half of League 1.

You are always going to have poor patches and purple patches, but the above is the overall picture, and it's quite astonishing that people can still find reasons to be pedantic and negative.

Not forgetting that we were not done over at the play-off final, Wombles were very lucky.
As for this season any club can struggle in a new division, past season has no bearing on anything. Many promoted sides go straight back down. Don't forget we have done really well against top opposition recently, that should not be forgotten.
Did you go? Our players certainly didn't.

Sep 6, 2006
Keepitgreen":ov77jlvm said:
newquaygreen":ov77jlvm said:
Cobi Budge":ov77jlvm said:

Did you go? Our players certainly didn't.

Yes I would be fascinated to know where Wimbledon got their luck. Also name many teams that go straight back down.

Jul 29, 2012
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42989652

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43058819

Two interesting bits on the bbc

DA has done some telling interviews recently although it’s difficult to tell sometimes how serious he is being .

However the interview he did where he described being a football manager as “ a horrible job” and likewise I think the first bbc interview where he describes his relationship with JB .

Clubs will come calling but while being ambitious he doesn’t strike me as being someone who is driven by money alone .Any club with foreign owners that has just fired its manager may get short shrift . He will know and value the approach the Board took with him this season .I think he set himself a goal of getting PA back in the Championship and then seeing how far he can then take us . He did something similar with Ross County . He’s a complex character and not like most managers so he’s difficult to read .

May 8, 2011
pafcdje":265mth7q said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42989652

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43058819

Two interesting bits on the bbc

DA has done some telling interviews recently although it’s difficult to tell sometimes how serious he is being .

However the interview he did where he described being a football manager as “ a horrible job” and likewise I think the first bbc interview where he describes his relationship with JB .

Clubs will come calling but while being ambitious he doesn’t strike me as being someone who is driven by money alone .Any club with foreign owners that has just fired its manager may get short shrift . He will know and value the approach the Board took with him this season .I think he set himself a goal of getting PA back in the Championship and then seeing how far he can then take us . He did something similar with Ross County . He’s a complex character and not like most managers so he’s difficult to read .

I think you will find that Adams was alluding to the fact that many of the keyboard warriors fans on social media including Pasoti obviously don’t want him as manager of PAFC.

Four months ago there were calls for him to be sacked because he was out of his depth, tactically inept, lost the dressing room etc. Now after a few wins the same fans are saying he will be poached, off to somewhere better.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Unfortunatley we are a stepping stone for both players and managers, if Adams continues to take this club forward he will be off.

Jan 6, 2004
I really don't think Adams can have been surprised or offended that people were calling him to be sacked after the horrendous start we had - football was terrible and relegation looked a near certainty if we carried on as we were and the team seemed to have lost all discipline. Yes he had some bad luck, but any job, especially sports management, depends on luck as well as talent. He should also not be surprised that those very same people are now lauding him for changing his tactics, bringing in new talent and turning us around. There is no hypocrisy in that - it is a rational response.

C

Charles Plym

What utter bullpoo! All this goes to prove is how clueless and fickle football fans are .....lose a few and the experts will be demanding his sacking again yawn !

May 8, 2011
dunlop":1un2vhjk said:
Unfortunatley we are a stepping stone for both players and managers, if Adams continues to take this club forward he will be off.

That’s another thing Adams doesn’t understand, an inferiority complex!

Jan 6, 2004
"I think you will find that Adams was alluding to the fact that many of the keyboard warriors fans on social media including Pasoti obviously don’t want him as manager of PAFC.

Four months ago there were calls for him to be sacked because he was out of his depth, tactically inept, lost the dressing room etc. Now after a few wins the same fans are saying he will be poached, off to somewhere better."

If that is the case he needs to grow up - he is a football manager - it is a well paid but precarious job which demands results. The first 2 months of the season were terrible in every way, we were rooted to the bottom and getting thrashed most weeks, Adams did look out of his depth and he was getting the tactics wrong. Relegation back to League 2 would have set the club back years. He would have faced calls to be sacked on that basis from any club in the country. He turned it around, he changed his tactics, it is paying dividends. Now people are scared of losing him (although I don't think so - for reasons stated at the top of the thread). It is all natural and understandable.

May 8, 2011
Green_Flash":2nn4uxlq said:
"I think you will find that Adams was alluding to the fact that many of the keyboard warriors fans on social media including Pasoti obviously don’t want him as manager of PAFC.

Four months ago there were calls for him to be sacked because he was out of his depth, tactically inept, lost the dressing room etc. Now after a few wins the same fans are saying he will be poached, off to somewhere better."

If that is the case he needs to grow up - he is a football manager - it is a well paid but precarious job which demands results. The first 2 months of the season were terrible in every way, we were rooted to the bottom and getting thrashed most weeks, Adams did look out of his depth and he was getting the tactics wrong. relegation back to League 2 would have set the club back years. He would have faced calls to be sacked on that basis from any club in the country. He turned it around, he changed his tactics, it is paying dividends. Now people are scared of losing him (although I don't think so - for reasons stated at the top of the thread). It is all natural and understandable.

There was one group of supporters who never doubted Adams and that was the Board.