Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Lack of class and cowards was how he discribed some. Need to show respect he says.

He’s lost thousands of suppporters tonight. Thousands.

Absolute idiot

Apr 5, 2008
lyndhurst green":3p6d8nt9 said:
The reaction to DA’s comments seem like classic ‘pearl clutching’ by some people. In my opinion, having just taken dogs abuse, some of it excessively vitriolic, he is absolutely entitled to call people on it. And for some on here to suggest that these comments cross some invisible, apparently entirely one sided line of respect is frankly laughable.

This is becoming a major problem in football these days though. Mouhrinho took an absolute pasting yesterday from fans to whom he delivered the most successful era in their history, whilst under the cloud of an FA charge due to swearing in a foreign language. Why should he sit there and take it? And why should DA?

Couldn’t believe that when i hear the chelsea fans telling him to f off,after what he won for them..Disgraceful fans.

Chelsea would be a mid-table prem club,like their always were if it wasn’t for a certain somebody,they got lucky he chose them.

He was calling the people throwing coins yobs,their was a bit of booing as he approached the tunnel and a few hand gestures but also some clapping as well,which is why he was clapping as he walked off.

Feb 2, 2007
Got your big calculator Truro Tel? Unbelievably poor view of our accounts and lack of appreciation of the costs of running a football club.

Anyway, DAs biggest error has been to spend the budget so poorly in the Summer- not the turnover, the injuries, the tough games but just that. Out budget is competitive for this level yet the team isn't

And he hasn't adapted the formation to suit whatever strengths our squad has, albeit they are hard to discern.

Finally the senior players have not stepped up, shown any leadership consistently and have been seen arguing with the newbies - not good and all comes back to DA and his backroom.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
nick_PASTIE":1d83ers6 said:
Got your big calculator Truro Tel? Unbelievably poor view of our accounts and lack of appreciation of the costs of running a football club.

Anyway, DAs biggest error has been to spend the budget so poorly in the Summer- not the turnover, the injuries, the tough games but just that. Out budget is competitive for this level yet the team isn't

And he hasn't adapted the formation to suit whatever strengths our squad has, albeit they are hard to discern.

Finally the senior players have not stepped up, shown any leadership consistently and have been seen arguing with the newbies - not good and all comes back to DA and his backroom.
i agree with this post.it defies belief that he didn't employ craig brewster,and only craig brewster but promoted wotton,nancekiville,still employs wilmott and now has a free of charge strength and conditioning coach.however,even though the strength and conditioning coach is F.O.C. he travels with the team for our away matches and he is a cost we can do without.i would dismiss wotton,nancekiville and wilmott today and put their money into getting craig brewster back.

B

Bonehead

nick_PASTIE":35tceyec said:

Spot on

Mar 23, 2008
Ollieargyle9":2x60ne7s said:
TruroTerry":2x60ne7s said:
If anything it's WAY more than £4 million. Our average gate is 9,000 X £20 = £180k X 23 = £4,140,000 + EFL solidarity payment of £650,00 = £4,790,000 + pasties + bar + sponsorship + club shop + cup games = well in excess of £5 MILLION.

Yes, I know it's back of a fag packet and there are overheads etc but it's not too far out is it.

Stewarding for all us yobs must cost a pretty penny though. If everyone just sat down, coughed up their cash and kept quiet we might save a few bob for a decent centre back by January!
Haha that made I larf.

Mark Smith

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
PAFC Norfolk":1ebb14nb said:
Second home league game that Adams has criticised the fans for venting their feelings, yes coin throwing is not acceptable, but the team has never been so close to the home crowd for a few years now.

The management and playing staff are now getting to feel the true nature of the crowds disappointment the longer this run goes on. Whereas before they could just walk off from the halfway line not truly knowing.

As an aside we are almost the same position and points as this time last year. But the confidence is a lot less to recover.

Surprised the big white canvas tunnel has not arrived yet.

This is a good point, actually, and not one I had considered. Watch MOTD and each week you’ll see under-fire managers leaving the pitch with plenty of fans letting them know what they think. A few years back and there were a few on the Mayflower terraces who weren’t shy of going down to the dug-out to offer suggestions when things weren’t going well. He just needs to turn the other cheek when it comes to verbals, it’s the other side of the coin* from applause and adulation.

*no pun intended about disgusting coin throwing.

Aug 8, 2014
GreenThing":1abibma1 said:
There were plenty of people hanging over the wall shouting and giving it the old Nescafé beans. He’s quite right that he and the team doesn’t deserve that.

The team were not abused, Adams was singled out and rightly so.....it's his tactics that are baffling and definitely not getting the best out of his team

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Yeah, because ‘yobs’ are forking out nearly £25 to watch us play Burton Albion when we’re this dire - I’m surprised they haven’t been brandished ‘knuckle dragging neanderthals’ yet. Also, until I see some evidence of said coin throwing, in which case I’ll apologise, I’m presuming it’s drivel being spouted by the Adams apologists (usually any higher echelon PASOTI member, shock).

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
I don't care what Adams says to the media - I literally couldn't care even if he called me a yob personally. I care about what he does with his team on the pitch, I'm not interested in what he has to say about the match. It's not as if he's going to give anything important away anyway.

However, a lot of fans all of clubs do care about what their manager says to the media, and for that reason, he really shouldn't have said this. He's absolutely correct in everything he says, but you just don't say that when you're the manager of a professional football club. As tempting as it was to have made a truthful comment like that, he should have held his tongue.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
That’s why I think his tenure in now untenable. He’s losing on every front and i think the best and only solution is some sort of settlement to part way.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Dan Ellard":1yt0cpo8 said:
I don't care what Adams says to the media - I literally couldn't care even if he called me a yob personally. I care about what he does with his team on the pitch, I'm not interested in what he has to say about the match. It's not as if he's going to give anything important away anyway.

However, a lot of fans all of clubs do care about what their manager says to the media, and for that reason, he really shouldn't have said this. He's absolutely correct in everything he says, but you just don't say that when you're the manager of a professional football club. As tempting as it was to have made a truthful comment like that, he should have held his tongue.

This.

He is correct and I quite enjoy it when football players and managers call out fans for their behaviour. But you really don’t want headlines like ‘Derek Adams insults Green Army’ as the Herald have currently, if you don’t want to risk things really spiralling.