Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 55 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Biggs":1rfi230q said:
I’m not sure we’re being predatory at all. I don’t think we’ve looked at Bury’s situation and thought ‘ah here’s rich pickings’.

I sincerely think the board have simply seen Lowe as the best candidate and approached Bury in the normal way. We can’t not go for our best man just because his club is in trouble.

Yeah, I don't think we've poached him, just that if the circumstances were different, he'd be staying at Bury. It seems to be purely their finances that have motivated his decision to move on. Perhaps it's not that though. Maybe he does see Argyle as a club he can really push on with and that is his motivation.

Mar 14, 2009
edmonds200":3vye4gou said:
They are in a mess because they have a budget Derek Adams could only have dreamt about and that's in League 1. Lavery, Jay O Shea, Nicky Maynard, Jermaine Beckford and Nicky Adams are all way out of our price range even if we had stayed in League 1!!!!

Beckford is 35

Maynard is 32

Adams is 32

So two years ago when Carey was 28, we would be paying less than what they paid for a footballer over 31/32?

These are decent names. Yet maybe it was more Bury brought in too many players and over paid them in terms of what they can afford. Maybe the wages were similar to what we pay our top players. However, maybe Bury don’t get the same revenue income streams.

Certainly they get smaller crowds.

I’d like to know if l was a Bury fan who actually authorised the signings and their wages.

Look for example at Nicky Maynard. Not exactly pulling up trees at MK Dons or Aberdeen. His previous two clubs. So maybe Bury paid him on previous reputation rather than recent form over the past few seasons. Same with Beckford. Two seasons beforehand he scored 3 goals.

Mar 7, 2005
Redruth
If Ryan Lowe gets appointed tomorrow where will the introduction to the media take place? In the middle of the construction taking place at the ground and no board room surely there is no suitable place for a press conference.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
pastyboy":1ilkx6rn said:
If Ryan Lowe gets appointed tomorrow where will the introduction to the media take place? In the middle of the construction taking place at the ground and no board room surely there is no suitable place for a press conference.

Better not have a manager until there is somewhere for a press opportunity then.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The current chairman, Steve Dale, only took over Bury FC from the previous owner, Stewart Day, who had owned the club since 2013, in December 2018. It seems that, if there were too many players being paid excessive wages for a League 2 club, that responsibility must have been with the previous owner and I assume that Ryan Lowe was provided with the budget to assemble a team with these high wages.
Having said that, I have no idea where the suggestion that several of the Bury players were being paid £4K per week came from or, indeed, how reliable that information is.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
pastyboy":x6x94tvu said:

They have been doing hospitality for matches in the Tom Daley diving centre, and they have been filming interviews for the baggo somewhere. I'd suggest that they have often used the pitch in the past, but we don't have one of those at the moment.

I presume we still have the press area in the BP.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Argylegames":2par3389 said:
pastyboy":2par3389 said:

They have been doing hospitality for matches in the Tom Daley diving centre, and they have been filming interviews for the baggo somewhere. I'd suggest that they have often used the pitch in the past, but we don't have one of those at the moment.

Yes, we've got the media centre underneath the family area.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Argylegames":28kfdg7i said:
pastyboy":28kfdg7i said:

There is also Plumer House.

Mar 23, 2008
If it is Lowe I think that's a decent appointment. Certainly the thought of attacking football is very appealing after many years of pragmatic football under Adams and Sheridan, would be good to have some entertainment at HP.

Any appointment comes with risk, with Lowe the risk would be the geography and whether he can replicate his success on a lower budget. Time will tell on both.

Jul 29, 2010
Genuine question.

Before we get too far ahead of ourselves with the 'reveal' venue choices and which hat to wear, why do we think something will happen today again?

Forgive me if I missed it but didn't Mr. Nixon say that HE'D 'know more tomorrow' as opposed to WE'D 'know more tomorrow'.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
X Isle":1jummtxf said:
Genuine question.

Before we get too far ahead of ourselves with the 'reveal' venue choices and which hat to wear, why do we think something will happen today again?

Forgive me if I missed it but didn't Mr. Nixon say that HE'D 'know more tomorrow' as opposed to WE'D 'know more tomorrow'.

Short and to the point.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
X Isle":2kkp44hg said:
Genuine question.

Well in his tweet he actually said neither. He said 'Know more tomorrow'.

He also said decision today but whether we're told of this decision today or not is another matter.

Jul 29, 2010
monkeywrench":114tez82 said:
X Isle":114tez82 said:
Genuine question.

Well in his tweet he actually said neither. He said 'Know more tomorrow'.

He also said decision today but whether we're told of this decision today or not is another matter.
Ah, thank you.

Oct 16, 2016
Lowe to be announced today, there you have your manager. As I said I know nothing about him, best of luck Mr Lowe

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
For my sins, i do some research for a couple of betting companies. I did drop a guy i know an email asking about the Argyle managers job, his response was along the lines of:
Lowe is firm favourite, but anyone trying to get significant amounts on such an obscure market, would be an enormous red flag, there hadn't been any sizeable bets placed, that would lead them to think anything has been agreed. Outside of Lowe the only other person who has been supported for the role is Warren Joyce.
Make of that what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.