Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 54 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
monkeywrench":3ivctpym said:
cheshiregreen":3ivctpym said:
Bury players have released a statement.

Sad times for Bury, but expect Lowe will take a few players to his new club.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/f ... walk-away/

That's sad.

“Mr chairman, we know you have no regard or consideration for us as players, our families, or our futures, but please just accept the offer and walk away from our club before you bring it to its knees.”

That is more than sad! How are people just allowed to 'play' with people's lives like this when owners are supposed to be 'fit and proper'??
:think:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
davie nine":28kwnn18 said:
JannerinCardiff":28kwnn18 said:
Cobi Budge":28kwnn18 said:
Gary_Wills":28kwnn18 said:
Given the relative inexperience, and burden from retention seemingly of pedestrians such as Fox Sawyer and Taylor, it'll likely be a midtable transition guaranteed for at least one season won't it, probably a painful one like Sturrock 1.0's first season.

But far rather this guy Lowe, than the likes of Hollow and some others with a feigned hunger of the "unique" challenge.

Lowe had to overhaul Bury's squad following their relegation to League 2, he still took them up at the first attempt.

Aren’t a few of Bury’s players on over £4K per week?
Surely not, the club would be in financial problems if that were the situation.

Umm they are in financial problems and the players haven’t been paid in 12 weeks apparently.

Oct 31, 2015
monkeywrench":yclrn8zj said:
cheshiregreen":yclrn8zj said:

That's sad.

Agree that is terrible. WTF is their chairman doing?

How can a club have the season they had and be in this mess. Lowe coming here or not my heart goes out to those fans. Perhaps a fans day is needed early next season? ( Against Wycombe would be nice :twisted: )

Mar 14, 2009
Agree with the sentiments about Bury.

I don’t like to see another club having difficulties like this when it’s the fans that end up suffering.

It’s an extremely horrible situation especially for those players too who aren't getting paid.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Very sad for Bury, we know too well what the pitfalls are and sadly we can sympathise, but we as a club can only think of ourselves and if its to be Lowe (the bookies odds have contracted heavily this evening) we must back him to cherry pick what talent he needs from the players he knows.

We lost Bolaise for 15k in are darkest times, its not right, but it is the way it has to be in business. Lowe will know what players earn etc and following a manager they like and trust and at a time when they are worried about their future should be an easy sell.

Harsh, yes, but as a club, if we decide on Lowe, we must strike whilst the iron in hot and get cherry picking.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
I don't think the concepts of distance and possessing a club name are unique in any way frankly, but each to their own on the vocab front.

Acting in a way you think is wrong, and labeling it "business", gets closer to something unique though, or one of the un-s, unsavoury or unsound better word perhaps.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
rsp4":krm7nbi4 said:
monkeywrench":krm7nbi4 said:
cheshiregreen":krm7nbi4 said:

That's sad.

How can a club have the season they had and be in this mess. Lowe coming here or not my heart goes out to those fans. Perhaps a fans day is needed early next season? ( Against Wycombe would be nice :twisted: )

Totally agree mate, Bury will hate us if we take their manager and the odd player.. we can give something back in our own way tho.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
They are in a mess because they have a budget Derek Adams could only have dreamt about and that's in League 1. Lavery, Jay O Shea, Nicky Maynard, Jermaine Beckford and Nicky Adams are all way out of our price range even if we had stayed in League 1!!!!

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
That's really sad. To be honest it leaves a bit of a sour taste too if we end up profiting from Bury's off field problems. I think it's pretty clear that had they not been in this state, Lowe would be preparing those players for life back in League One.

I remember when we were essentially ripped apart as clubs snapped up our players on bargain basement prices and it'll be sad if we end up doing the same to Bury starting with the manager.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I’m not sure we’re being predatory at all. I don’t think we’ve looked at Bury’s situation and thought ‘ah here’s rich pickings’.

I sincerely think the board have simply seen Lowe as the best candidate and approached Bury in the normal way. We can’t not go for our best man just because his club is in trouble.

Oct 16, 2016
Don’t know anything about Lowe, don’t particularly care and won’t offer an opinion on the suitability, what everyone should say is that if he does take the helm give him full backing and see how it goes.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
chunkymonkey78":1u7n6qz9 said:
Wasn't Bolasie the player we got 50k for as a goodwill gesture as Bristol City didn't want to be taking advantage?

Might be wrong but think it was 50k on the basis they covered his overdue wages?

Jul 29, 2010
JannerinCardiff":o2xl6m43 said:
rsp4":o2xl6m43 said:
monkeywrench":o2xl6m43 said:
cheshiregreen":o2xl6m43 said:

That's sad.

Totally agree mate, Bury will hate us if we take their manager and the odd player.. we can give something back in our own way tho.

I know that is meant well but methinks that could come over as patronising.

Clubs and their fans are two separate entities, I know that. But it's exactly like the equally well meant gesture from Brighton fans during our administration plight.... it didn't mitigate their club taking Ashley Barnes and Craig Noone for an obscenely under market value price beforehand though.

I know they're a good bunch and I know their support was sincere but they still got to enjoy those two players before the club turned a healthy profit on them. Funds that morally were due to us.

What I'm trying to say is that clubs will 'do business', why wouldn't Argyle (or any club) take advantage of another clubs plight, get a good player cheap and turn a profit. The fans have more of a conscience about it but ultimately if we got a couple of Bury's best players we wouldn't feel bad about cheering them on.

It stuck in the craw a bit when Albion came out in solidarity for us, I have no doubt that any bucket rattling we did for Bury would do the same if we'd picked the carcass of their promotion team beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.