Who Would You Have To Replace Derek Adams? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who Would You Have To Replace Derek Adams?

Apr 4, 2004
Sturrock for me. He will very quickly identify what's wrong and get us moving. Long term he should be upstairs. Like Perryman at Exeter. Giving the manager and coaches support and giving the football side direction.

Sep 6, 2006
Steve.PAFC2012":19f2xnsh said:
I'm no Adams apologist but I do find it strange he's being deemed a not good enough manager while Gareth Ainsworth is being deemed a good one

Well Adams is bottom of the League and Ainsworth is where?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2og4ch83 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":2og4ch83 said:
I'm no Adams apologist but I do find it strange he's being deemed a not good enough manager while Gareth Ainsworth is being deemed a good one

Well Adams is bottom of the League and Ainsworth is where?

Even lower...

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
The calls for ainsworth are nothing short of astonishing. All he's ever produced is a horribly brand of anti football and a failed play off attempt for Wycombe. Moan about adams all you like but he's achieved more than ainsworth ever will and doesn't resort to full time gamesmanship.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
jimbo_the_green":9rf8w870 said:
The calls for ainsworth are nothing short of astonishing. All he's ever produced is a horribly brand of anti football and a failed play off attempt for Wycombe. Moan about adams all you like but he's achieved more than ainsworth ever will and doesn't resort to full time gamesmanship.

Seconded!

Mar 18, 2006
Don’t think Coughlan would take the job ( not that I think Adam’s will walk or be sacked anyway).
It would be Coughlans first managerial job and as such he would want to get a job where he could give himself a chance of success . Football is a very harsh business and he failed with us he may not get another job .

Mar 8, 2016
Johndelve":n4uh06sh said:
Don’t think Coughlan would take the job ( not that I think Adam’s will walk or be sacked anyway).
It would be Coughlans first managerial job and as such he would want to get a job where he could give himself a chance of success . Football is a very harsh business and he failed with us he may not get another job .

Coughlan would jump at the chance to be the manger of Plymouth argyle. I think he would be a decent appointment too. I'm shocked people are suggesting ainsworth or sturrock, I can't take that seriously. I would like Graham Alexander from Scunthorpe, it would never happen as it would mean spending money, we have a ice rink to build first.

Mar 18, 2006
Army green":2j5n1f5b said:
Johndelve":2j5n1f5b said:

Coughlan would jump at the chance to be the manger of Plymouth argyle. I think he would be a decent appointment too. I'm shocked people are suggesting ainsworth or sturrock, I can't take that seriously. I would like Graham Alexander from Scunthorpe, it would never happen as it would mean spending money, we have a ice rink to build first.
Agreed that Cocko would love to manage Argyle, but only if budget and everything else meant he could make a good go of it . Otherwise he’s better off as number 2 to Phil Brown.

Nov 21, 2012
Just throwing some names out there:
Chris Powell
Steve Clarke
Martin Allen
Nigel Adkins
Brian McDermott

Dec 3, 2005
All this going back to ex- Managers and ex players = NOOOO

We need a clean sweep through this Club, their is something wrong inside the Club, something in the mindset that needs to be got rid of, to much 'this is good old Argyle'. We need someone fresh, with fresh ideas a fresh outlook - lets get rid of the staleness that lingers around the Club.

Feb 8, 2005
djg145":69lov68f said:

We need a clean sweep through this Club, their is something wrong inside the Club, something in the mindset that needs to be got rid of, to much 'this is good old Argyle'. We need someone fresh, with fresh ideas a fresh outlook - lets get rid of the staleness that lingers around the Club.

Who might that be, then?

Dec 3, 2005
jimsing":378y2h14 said:
djg145":378y2h14 said:

Who might that be, then?

Well eye dun noww bouy lol

Oct 14, 2015
Adams will have to walk or be sacked. The club cannot be allowed to continue with its current results and with Shrewsbury and Blackburn next up we are well and truly in the mire. Something will have to give otherwise we'll be relegated by Christmas. Most club would've or have replaced their manager by now if they were in our position. Performances are shocking, attendances going down, no confidence in the team and now Adams has started to criticise players individually (Oscar).

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

The more I think about it, the more I think Gareth Ainsworth would be a good fit for the job.

I can see why he'd be unpopular. Nonetheless, we don't need pretty right now. We need to get whatever points we can, however we can and there's no doubt that his teams are hard to beat. What's more, for years now Argyle have been naive when it comes to gamesmanship. No one in this league is going to do us any favours, so if we need to toughen up and smarten up to stay in this league, then so be it. Wycombe are Trust run, so I imagine he hasn't had a great deal to spend either and to date he has a win record of 40%.

With all that being said, I don't imagine the fans would take to him greatly, we'd have to put together a compensation package and admittedly his CV isn't as impressive as Adams'.