Who Would You Have To Replace Derek Adams? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who Would You Have To Replace Derek Adams?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Morecambe's Jim Bentley has a very good record of performing (and playing some decent football) on a small budget, always been very complimentary towards us as well.

May 16, 2016
Cobi Budge":2hizm7rp said:
Morecambe's Jim Bentley has a very good record of performing (and playing some decent football) on a small budget, always been very complimentary towards us as well.

Problem with being good on a small budget is that in all probabllity all he would ever get is a small budget.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
PilgrimZ1R":2el5ybmc said:
This won't be popular but I have spoken with him and he was so complimentary about Argyle and the fans he had nothing but respect spent about an hour with him,

He has played at a high level,

Knows how to win, ugly I mean very ugly,

He is connected ,

And would get us out of this situation,

GARETH AINSWORTH for me all the way.
I would be happy with Ainsworth too but still hope Adams can turn it around with a full complement of players. Time is fast running out though.

Sep 17, 2017
fester":g04b8l62 said:
No one you don’t become a bad manager overnight
DA is not and has never been a good manager,

He's very average who got us promoted by ......

I have no idea because there is no way we were the second best team in that division last year,

I wanted him gone in the closed season before a ball was kicked,

Even if he keeps us up this year, because I think the club will stick by him, get rid soonest,

He has wasted time and money,

Out of his depth, nothing personal just professional.

Taxi for Derek please thanks but no thanks, Gareth Ainsworth please.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
I'm no Adams apologist but I do find it strange he's being deemed a not good enough manager while Gareth Ainsworth is being deemed a good one

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":mp0wze34 said:
Pearson has just taken a job on the continent.
Thankfully. Best place for him.

Aug 3, 2017
I can not believe I really reading so many Sturrock suggestikns as either caretaker or director of football.

He should never have been bought back to the club in any capacity other than match day guest. Would be a really terrible appointment. Been out of management for ages, is considerably ill and in his last few jobs didn’t perform well.

He did well in the past but thats where his connection with the club should stay...in the past!

C

Charles Plym

Isondil":jgkf1vtc said:
I can not believe I really reading so many Sturrock suggestikns as either caretaker or director of football.

He should never have been bought back to the club in any capacity other than match day guest. Would be a really terrible appointment. Been out of management for ages, is considerably ill and in his last few jobs didn’t perform well.

He did well in the past but thats where his connection with the club should stay...in the past!

And your opinion is as valid as those who would like to see him involved . I have little doubt if he were appointed caretaker tommorow for ten games he would amass a decent total of points . Whilst we found a long term successor , but I think it's rude and disrespectful to write off a man of such experience and success in this division who without doubt would instantly command the respect of the dressing room especially in a short term capacity .