Who Would You Have To Replace Derek Adams? | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who Would You Have To Replace Derek Adams?

Sep 17, 2017
Not at all,

Everyone is entitled,

The fact that we have such a wide fan base is one of our qualities,

Just a little tedious when ones own opion is laughed of as a joke,

I overreacted for that I apologise to any fan not in walking distance,

Also ignore my new topic ‘is it just me’ another overreaction.

Humbled.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Bermudian Green":34gb90qh said:
PilgrimZ1R":34gb90qh said:
That’s your opinion from sunny Great Yarmouth!!! I presume.

Meaning if you don't live within walking distance of Home Park you're not allowed an opinion?

Just googled it BG, Gt Yarmouth to Plymouth approx. 110 hours walking. That's only about 3 mph so Reuben Reid could probably do it in about 200 hrs. :oops:

PilgrimZ1R":2quce5tf said:
Not at all,

Everyone is entitled,

Humbled.

It's all good mate. Sometimes when I listen or watch I thank the lord that I don't have to go and watch it every week :greensmile:

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
PilgrimZ1R":173dt250 said:
Not at all,

Everyone is entitled,

Humbled.

Apologies if it came across that I was laughing at the suggestion personally. That wasn’t the intention! I just thought with the calibre Of manager there could be some better suggestions!

As for living in Yarmouth well I’ve had the additional pleasure of living in Barnsley for the last few years so jokes on me really!!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Doesn't seem to be much logic with the Ainsworth shout there.

A lot of the criticism for Adams is that when we do win, we win ugly. So not sure how he'd be a step up from DA, especially as he'd be working with DA's players.

If you're talking about taking us to the next level, on the available evidence that wouldn't happen either. Whether that be results, building the club or enhancing playing style

G

Greenskin

jerryatricjanner":tu8o2xjj said:
True but he is slightly hampered by the lowest attendances in the whole football league at 1400 and less even than two thirds of the clubs in the National league below. Adams on the other hand is at a top 6/7 club attendance wise. Oh for a capable front man rather than the wages forked out for Wylde, Ainsworth, Lameiras and co.

Surely the attendance is only relevant if the surplus gained is put back into the playing budget which, if the proclamations from Adams about punching above our weight are to be believed [never contradicted in public by the board of directors],has not been the case. Admittedly things would be in a pretty pickle if Argyle were being out spent by Morecambe but the general point stands. I would doubt if the combined wages of the three players mentioned would amount to being commensurate with that of the "capable front man" referred to, you tend to have to pay either appropriate transfer fees or wages to attract much sought after commodities. As for someone stating that Ainsworth would be a better bet, it would seem strange to jettison a manager who achieved in 2 seasons what the proposed incumbent failed to do in 5 but there you are.

A

andyr1963

It is November 2020 the Green Messiah Derek Adams has just quit leaving Argyle bottom of the Championship ten points adrift.
Tony Pulis, to come in, sort out the defence, and supply yet more tedious unattractive football. :thumbs: Still it doesn't matter cause we all hardened up to it now. :lol:

May 8, 2011
andyr1963":1m4jo0h7 said:
It is November 2020 the Green Messiah Derek Adams has just quit leaving Argyle bottom of the Championship ten points adrift.
Tony Pulis, to come in, sort out the defence, and supply yet more tedious unattractive football. :thumbs: Still it doesn't matter cause we all hardened up to it now. :lol:

If he leaves in 2020 it would be in August when his contract runs out.
Hopefully he will sign a new one or even better sign an extension to his existing contract before then.

Aug 5, 2016
jerryatricjanner":22no6jle said:
True but he is slightly hampered by the lowest attendances in the whole football league at 1400 and less even than two thirds of the clubs in the National league below. Adams on the other hand is at a top 6/7 club attendance wise. Oh for a capable front man rather than the wages forked out for Wylde, Ainsworth, Lameiras and co.

If McCormick stayed fit, we wouldn't have required Te Loeke, Letheren, Cooper or Matthews. Four potential saved wages.

If Threlkeld stayed fit, we wouldn't have needed Miller. We wouldn't have moved Sawyer, therefore wouldn't have needed Aaron Taylor Sinclair. Two more saved wages.

If Taylor stayed fit we wouldn't have required Ciftci, Jervis, Blissett or Fletcher. That's four more players we wouldn't have needed.

So because of injuries or suspensions in three positions starting with three first team players, we have needed TEN extra players who have been required to cover the position shuffles. That's the reality of needing a squad to get through a season.

A long story short, Wylde, Lameiras and Ainsworth have not been remnants of a wasted budget. They just show that Grant, Carey and Jervis haven't required a great deal of cover....yet. When Carey was suspended, Ainsworth had a decisive impact in gaining three crucial points. That is why he gets paid, to jump in and produce when needed.

I'm sure this season, IF injuries and suspensions hit the wing positions, Wylde, Lameiras and Ainsworth will show they are no waste of budget.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
jerryatricjanner":2sll9m49 said:
Fair point but I was thinking more about the number of back up wide players when we were crying out for a front man of better quality. I hope I am wrong but too many I think see Taylor's return as the missing link. For me his record and stats don't warrant such optimism.

I'm not saying that Taylor is going to be our saviour or anything like that, but he is certainly the best we've had in that position for a long time... uses his body well to get between defender and ball, is strong but mobile with it, very clever with his hold up play and seems to know what he'll do with it before it gets to him plus he does get a few goals. A very good player in my opinion.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":10pi39l3 said:
jerryatricjanner":10pi39l3 said:

If McCormick stayed fit, we wouldn't have required Te Loeke, Letheren, Cooper or Matthews. Four potential saved wages.

If Threlkeld stayed fit, we wouldn't have needed Miller. We wouldn't have moved Sawyer, therefore wouldn't have needed Aaron Taylor Sinclair. Two more saved wages.

If Taylor stayed fit we wouldn't have required Ciftci, Jervis, Blissett or Fletcher. That's four more players we wouldn't have needed.

So because of injuries or suspensions in three positions starting with three first team players, we have needed TEN extra players who have been required to cover the position shuffles. That's the reality of needing a squad to get through a season.

A long story short, Wylde, Lameiras and Ainsworth have not been remnants of a wasted budget. They just show that Grant, Carey and Jervis haven't required a great deal of cover....yet. When Carey was suspended, Ainsworth had a decisive impact in gaining three crucial points. That is why he gets paid, to jump in and produce when needed.

I'm sure this season, IF injuries and suspensions hit the wing positions, Wylde, Lameiras and Ainsworth will show they are no waste of budget.

Usual nonsense. First of all injuries happen to all clubs. Its not just peculiar to Argyle you know. Shock! Second those players would STILL have to be paid with the exception of Matthews even without injuries so I really have no idea what on earth you are talking about. Third Jervis and Grant 'haven't needed a great deal of cover'. Remind me how many goals/assists they have this season. You really do live in cloud cuckoo land.

A

andyr1963

HC Green":2utif1oo said:
andyr1963":2utif1oo said:

If he leaves in 2020 it would be in August when his contract runs out.
Hopefully he will sign a new one or even better sign an extension to his existing contract before then.

Yes of course, I should have made it clear about signing the contract extension April 27th 2019 (bout tea time) after winning promotion to the Championship :thumbs:

:greensmile: