Transfer Deadline Day (Morgan & Thomas out, O'Connor in) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Transfer Deadline Day (Morgan & Thomas out, O'Connor in)

Mar 14, 2009
SteveC":2ezzvshi said:
AJAX_66":2ezzvshi said:
The dye is cast, no more signings, have to soldier on with what we have. Expect to finish no better than 12th place. We gave up last season after Christmas and the same is happening this season. Mystifying.

Why is the 'die' cast? We still have over 5 hours to go plus the emergency loan system

If Argyle were really going for promotion the best way is surely now the playoffs.

You would therefore want them available for any playoff dates. Any loan signing after today is an emergency loan and wont be available for those playoff dates. That to me would be strange thinking.

Aug 5, 2009
Metal_Green_Mickey":ati4i980 said:
SteveC":ati4i980 said:
AJAX_66":ati4i980 said:
The dye is cast, no more signings, have to soldier on with what we have. Expect to finish no better than 12th place. We gave up last season after Christmas and the same is happening this season. Mystifying.

Why is the 'die' cast? We still have over 5 hours to go plus the emergency loan system

If Argyle were really going for promotion the best way is surely now the playoffs.

You would therefore want them available for any playoff dates. Any loan signing after today is an emergency loan and wont be available for those playoff dates. That to me would be strange thinking.

I wasn't suggesting we should rely on emergency loans. I was suggesting it's a bit early to state the die is cast.

Mar 14, 2009
I always thought normally Argyle do any business during 9am - 5am normal hours. I cant remember the last time we signed someone late evening or coming up to the deadline. Can anyone else?

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
Disappointed about Lavery, but wasn't really expecting him back anyway. Not really expecting Kellet back either, but then I'm feeling pretty down about anything Argyle related at the moment :thumbdown:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
pilgrimmike1":j6dm83xc said:
Colan Lavery has gone to Chesterfield on loan, no go there then. :thumbdown:

Did you really believe that Lavery was ever an option?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Makes absolute sense. A league nearer his club's level and quite near to boot.

C

Cobi Budge.

O'connor & Kellet were pushing as along, without them Sheridan can't manage despite having the recourses at his disposal, a good manager could take us up this season with what we have right now.

No signings today to help Sheridan cloak his inabilities, if anyone still thinks we will make the play offs, smell the coffee.

Jan 26, 2013
Plymouth
Lavery has got big boots to fill seeing as their top scorer Doyle (25 goals!!) is off to Cardiff. He might not be as prolific at first but I'm sure he'll still score plenty of goals for Chesterfield. Great player.