Transfer Deadline Day (Morgan & Thomas out, O'Connor in) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Transfer Deadline Day (Morgan & Thomas out, O'Connor in)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Paul_Roberts":cgxu6t75 said:
GreenSam":cgxu6t75 said:
Not aimed particularly at you Paul, but I dunno why everyone's so surprised at Bournemouth spending loads of money when they've got a billionaire (? or at least multi-millionaire) Russian owner with oil money.

I kinda get the point that it illustrates we should never settle for where we are, but at the same time unless we too win the Russian lottery then we'd probably need to follow a more organic approach.

I know they've got a sugar daddy, but it's still very odd seeing them bidding such extravagant sums. It was the same when Wigan started splashing the cash, despite them being a nothing club until Dave Whelan bought them out.

Where's our sugar daddy?

:tumbleweed:

What we need is a successful football author with an interest in Argyle to put some money in :think: :lol:

Apr 15, 2008
London
GreenSam":1p7rubhy said:
Not aimed particularly at you Paul, but I dunno why everyone's so surprised at Bournemouth spending loads of money when they've got a billionaire (? or at least multi-millionaire) Russian owner with oil money.

I kinda get the point that it illustrates we should never settle for where we are, but at the same time unless we too win the Russian lottery then we'd probably need to follow a more organic approach.

I don't think the organic method of growth works anymore in the new football league (where in the Championship, 70% - 80% of the teams have been in the top flight in the last 10 years and almost all of them have rich benefactors) - you could point at Swansea, but look at their board of directors - alongside there are some hefty names in there who have invested a lot of money.

I've always been of the opinion that League 2 should be at semi-professional level to reduce player wages.

Anyway, I think Steve McClean (or Simon Walton if you want to split hairs) will remain our record signing for quite a few years to come.

Anyway, who are we going tio get for free today...

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
crownhillpilgrim":sftdinhz said:
I've always been of the opinion that League 2 should be at semi-professional level to reduce player wages.

I agree - we have too many full-professional clubs in England.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Would love Kellett and O'Connor back also Lavery as Wednesday have signed another striker today but word has it he's off to Chesterfield.

You never know Shez may surprise us all and get someone in that no one has suggested/rumoured.

D

deanthegreenmachine

whys Akos Buzsacky in Plymouth today, seen on the news.... also any ups on Benjamin smith coming from Leeds...saw on twitter...]https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=%23DeadlineDay%20plymouth&src=typd

Mar 14, 2009
If he wants to keep playing 3-5-2 I would think he desperately needs a left wing back as Purrington just doesn't have the energy to get up and down the pitch.

If he reverts back to 4 at the back then maybe we wont sign anyone. However, when Argyle have had a good run in the league (this year and last) its been with 3-5-2. I cant remember Argyle looking solid and having a consistent set of results with a back four for some time. Maybe it was when we had Joe Bryan.

This league isn't complicated. Defend your set pieces well. Build a physical side. Be Organised. Be a threat with your set pieces. We need to score more goals. What Argyle need is width and someone who can cross a football. That should be the priority today.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
deanthegreenmachine":38xu8aom said:
whys Akos Buzsacky in Plymouth today, seen on the news.... also any ups on Benjamin smith coming from Leeds...saw on twitter...]https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=%23DeadlineDay%20plymouth&src=typd

I doubt Buzz will be coming back, didn't he say he would, but only if we were a league higher?

A

Ajax66

The die is cast, no more signings, have to soldier on with what we have. Expect to finish no better than 12th place. We gave up last season after Christmas and the same is happening this season. Mystifying.

Aug 5, 2009
AJAX_66":3p00waqs said:
The dye is cast, no more signings, have to soldier on with what we have. Expect to finish no better than 12th place. We gave up last season after Christmas and the same is happening this season. Mystifying.

Why is the 'die' cast? We still have over 5 hours to go plus the emergency loan system

A

Ajax66

SteveC":2tgoun8d said:
AJAX_66":2tgoun8d said:
The dye is cast, no more signings, have to soldier on with what we have. Expect to finish no better than 12th place. We gave up last season after Christmas and the same is happening this season. Mystifying.

Why is the 'die' cast? We still have over 5 hours to go plus the emergency loan system

Just my thoughts. :sad: