Season tickets ( merged ) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season tickets ( merged )

Doc

Nov 15, 2011
Plymouth
Alan Turing":t0e4p52i said:
Doc":t0e4p52i said:
Alan Turing":t0e4p52i said:
The early bird deadline is shown as Friday 31 May but that date is a Wednesday - I have informed the club.
It also says that it works out at £17 per game for early bird tickets. That is the price after the early bird price. Price per game for early bird tickets should be £15.52??

I've heard back from Rick Cowdery:-

The '17' is the amount of matches, not the cost per match.

Sorry for the confusion. I was reading the herald online. It says there £17 per game

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
the_corkscrew":g1321spy said:
8000 ST sold at £223 would bring in the same revenue as 5000 ST sold at £357. Question is, would we sell 8,000 at that price?

This is assuming the 3000 extra then didn't attend ANY games for the whole season.

Jan 3, 2013
Doc":33dyph7r said:
Alan Turing":33dyph7r said:
Doc":33dyph7r said:
Alan Turing":33dyph7r said:
The early bird deadline is shown as Friday 31 May but that date is a Wednesday - I have informed the club.
It also says that it works out at £17 per game for early bird tickets. That is the price after the early bird price. Price per game for early bird tickets should be £15.52??

I've heard back from Rick Cowdery:-

The '17' is the amount of matches, not the cost per match.

Sorry for the confusion. I was reading the herald online. It says there £17 per game

What do you expect from the herald?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The season ticket prices are reasonable when compared to other earlybird offers in League One for next season.

Northampton - £249 - £380 depending on area of stadium, plus a free replica shirt.
MK Dons - £336 - £372 depending on area of stadium.
Gillingham - £380 - £460 depending on area of stadium.
Walsall - £356.
Peterborough - £319 standing, £399 seating.
Charlton - £175 low seats behind the goal, £500 seats on halfway line.

Nov 16, 2006
meetoo":12mpfxg8 said:
Greenrod":12mpfxg8 said:
Under 18 early bird price up by 25% - Argyle seem to be penalising the youngsters, the very people we want to encourage to attend.
Age discrimination at it's very best!! My 7 year old grandson won't be having a season ticket next season and nor will he be taking part in numerous Argyle in the Community training days. Good ol' Argyle penny pinching has cost you, grrr!! The future is clearly in good hands... Oh no, the youngsters are being deterred from attending.

Renewing my 9 year old's season ticket will now work out at £4.17 per match. Surely that's fantastic value?

Aug 24, 2011
Patrik":8z1z8v8q said:
Majesticmacc":8z1z8v8q said:
Can anyone confirm to me how the 6 game White membership works please? If purchased how do you decide and order your ticket for the game you want to go too?

Just get a membership card and you choose any six games as and when you want them or you can have more than one ticket for a game if you wish.
I buy 3 a season and renew each white as it runs out and block book my same seat for the next 6 games and then 5 individual match tickets to last the season.

Ok thank you, so once you have the membership card you can use it online to book your seat?

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Patrik":1fv20t07 said:
Majesticmacc":1fv20t07 said:
Can anyone confirm to me how the 6 game White membership works please? If purchased how do you decide and order your ticket for the game you want to go too?

Just get a membership card and you choose any six games as and when you want them or you can have more than one ticket for a game if you wish.
I buy 3 a season and renew each white as it runs out and block book my same seat for the next 6 games and then 5 individual match tickets to last the season.

I assume (understandably) that this ticket buying strategy is a result of cashflow/disposable income restrictions...

At next year's prices this strategy will cost 1 x £115 (earlybird) + 2 x £120 + 5 x £21 (assuming bought in advance) = £460.
This is £103 more expensive than buying an adult earlybird Green Membership which is, in effect, a price increase of 29%. IF you know in advance that you are planning to buy tickets in the way that you suggest and IF you can somehow cobble together the additional money now (£357-£115 = £242) then it REALLY makes sense to do so. But, obviously, finding the additional £242 now might be impossible.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Just renewed my ST on line although i have had a confirmation e mail from the club i still think some how they will cock it up.

Aug 24, 2011
Patrik":142nx214 said:
The Doctor":142nx214 said:
Patrik":142nx214 said:
Majesticmacc":142nx214 said:

I assume (understandably) that this ticket buying strategy is a result of cashflow/disposable income restrictions...

At next year's prices this strategy will cost 1 x £115 (earlybird) + 2 x £120 + 5 x £21 (assuming bought in advance) = £460.
This is £103 more expensive than buying an adult earlybird Green Membership which is, in effect, a price increase of 29%. IF you know in advance that you are planning to buy tickets in the way that you suggest and IF you can somehow cobble together the additional money now (£357-£115 = £242) then it REALLY makes sense to do so. But, obviously, finding the additional £242 now might be impossible.

Yeah a full season ticket in one hit is way out of reach as I'm disabled and have very limited income, managed to save £230 so just tried to buy the first to whites at early bird price but they wouldn't let me (was worth a try)
Another thing the club should look as is similar to the half ST's at Christmas that they could do one at the start of season too, I know it wouldn't save much but at least you could guarantee your same seat and get away priority.

This club are doing a 10 month interest free option for the season tickets so you don't need any cash up front?

Jan 29, 2010
No hesitation in parting with my cash. A slight increase was always going to happen. Apart from playing at a higher level there has been an increase in Day to Day costs for everyone, we would most likely seen an increase even if we had not gone up.

Apr 6, 2009
Majesticmacc":1tyipzqi said:
Patrik":1tyipzqi said:
The Doctor":1tyipzqi said:
Patrik":1tyipzqi said:
Majesticmacc":1tyipzqi said:

Yeah a full season ticket in one hit is way out of reach as I'm disabled and have very limited income, managed to save £230 so just tried to buy the first to whites at early bird price but they wouldn't let me (was worth a try)
Another thing the club should look as is similar to the half ST's at Christmas that they could do one at the start of season too, I know it wouldn't save much but at least you could guarantee your same seat and get away priority.

This club are doing a 10 month interest free option for the season tickets so you don't need any cash up front?

Its not normally interest free, would be a steal if it was

Mar 14, 2009
Well l was always going to renew whatever the league or price we had to pay.

However, why don't Argyle try to entice more people with imaginative schemes. Start the prices as they are but say if you get so many "adult season ticket holders" then the overall price will keep dropping, as per targets set out by the club.

How do you know people won't buy unless you try imaginative sales tactics. That is what disappoints about Argyle. They don't really reach out to the people in the area and sale themselves to non committal Plymouth people.

May 16, 2016
Green Neil":hp0pu2e8 said:
meetoo":hp0pu2e8 said:
Greenrod":hp0pu2e8 said:
Under 18 early bird price up by 25% - Argyle seem to be penalising the youngsters, the very people we want to encourage to attend.
Age discrimination at it's very best!! My 7 year old grandson won't be having a season ticket next season and nor will he be taking part in numerous Argyle in the Community training days. Good ol' Argyle penny pinching has cost you, grrr!! The future is clearly in good hands... Oh no, the youngsters are being deterred from attending.

Renewing my 9 year old's season ticket will now work out at £4.17 per match. Surely that's fantastic value?

Yes, an increase per game that's less than the price of the sweets my Grandson gets on most visits.

Nobody likes price rises, but this is reasonable to me.

Doc

Nov 15, 2011
Plymouth
Patrik":2i11cbl8 said:
Majesticmacc":2i11cbl8 said:
Patrik":2i11cbl8 said:
Majesticmacc":2i11cbl8 said:

Ok thank you, so once you have the membership card you can use it online to book your seat?
you can use it online but you still get charged the ticket master fees, it's still free from the ticket office.

My son has had a white membership for two seasons. The first 6 tickets you book online are free from ticketmaster fees. Once you have used up your 6 games, you will be charged the booking fee for each game you book.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
katkin":1idxtldo said:
Majesticmacc":1idxtldo said:
Patrik":1idxtldo said:
The Doctor":1idxtldo said:
Patrik":1idxtldo said:
Majesticmacc":1idxtldo said:

Its not normally interest free, would be a steal if it was
The 10 month scheme is interest payable whereas the 4 month scheme is interest free.