Rotherham match day thread | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rotherham match day thread

Mar 14, 2009
justanotherfan":1zwmeura said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1zwmeura said:
justanotherfan":1zwmeura said:
Can`t win with ten men, can`t win against ten men. All the talk about a point being thought a good result at 3pm goes out the window when playing ten men and being a goal to the good. Not good enough, and anyone who says differently can`t have a realistic grasp on our perilous position, I`m reminded of the band on the Titanic.

The good news is the teams around us.

Northampton looked as poor as I've seen in this league.

Bury are starting to get cut adrift.

Rochdale and AFC Wimbledon shouldn't really be having a better budget than us.

So if all things are evenish come the Transfer Window then there is still a decent chance we can survive.

Northampton won, Gillingham won, Bury have a game in hand.

Just trying to look for the positive, or A positive even.

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
hearing the commentry and seeing the stats I think it was a point won rather than two points lost, not good enough Im afraid but then most of us know that anyway.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
That's how it went we were crap but then again we have been all season didn't see anything in Rotherham to frighten us and it was a scramble hobbling around our box which we should have cleared
Understand why he made the change of Taylor but think it was the wrong decision as Taylor had been back defending set pieces all game but hindsight is a wonderful thing
Jervis needs a break awful today fox mom for me today and Wylde caused a lot if danger when he came on

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Jul 12, 2016
So all our team in the penalty area and we still conceded against 10 men.Surely this shows you might as well leave one player upfield when the opposition have a corner?

P

Perran Green

Was at the game. BBC report is right. Rotherham had a lot of pace up front and always looked dangerous going forward

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Was at the game. Boring first half, they could have taken the lead a couple of times but they seemed quite tame with the final ball.

We were a different team the second half. Their goal was against the run of play, but that's how it goes.

Still good point when we looked like we'd be lucky to get anything from it

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
I think the frustration today is simply we have lost 6 times against 10 men.

Today we had a change to reverse that and threw away a lead.

Add to that an Adams substitution of bizarreness and it is a bitter pill to swallow.

I don’t want Adams out now, I just want him to change his dullness with decent squad movement in January.

A point today is acceptable. How we got it is not.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would say draw was a fair result.

Still horrible to lose two points at the death though.

Dec 3, 2005
So Argyle finally show some ambition' and we score!!

Well well well that tells a story, maybe just maybe we should show a lot more ambition for more of the game.

Feb 2, 2007
I’ve been critical of Derek and the team this season but I think this is still a point gained. Our away set up since early last season has been defend, blood and snot, hope for a break. Remember Hartlepool away? Accrington away? Stevenage away? Cheltenham away? Two wins and two draws, a good return on paper but we didn’t have the majority of those games and there’s no way we will in L1. Its defend, 10 men, 0-0 first half and then hope for a break as the opposition tire of using the ball the try different tactics.

Yes the manner of conceding late is frustrating but Rotherham are a much better side than us, with goals in them. They have been on a poor run but are still a threat.

I would have taken a draw before the game and it’s one more point than we looked capable of in October. Home game next week and then two away games we can pick up points then home to Walsall on New Years Dat, think we will be out of bottom 4 at the start of 2018 and not return.

May 8, 2011
cheshiregreen":1qu5hp3a said:
The BBC report doesn't paint a great picture.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42290054

Any of the 470 fans able to provide eye witness account as BBC report maybe just lifted off agency reporter.

I was there, first half Rotherham had a lot of the ball and did attack a lot but only on a couple of occasions looked liked scoring, although there was a worry whether Argyle would hold out for 90 minutes. They seemed to be another team that liked to pass the ball but didn’t like shooting.
The sending off changed the game and Argyle had most of the play and chances but did get caught on the break a few times.

Ray Stidwell

Jam First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Little to add to what other eye witnesses have to say, with which I pretty much agree. That the opposition had more pace than us was again noticeable, especially as GC10 & Jake showed less than usual.
It wasn’t until about five minutes before our goal that we finally made our advantage tell.
I recall that the equaliser stemmed originally from wasting possession, which again this afternoon we did too much at times, sometimes inexplicably ( eg: no particular pressure)
Their goal may have been against the run of play, but overall I agree that Rotherham deserved a point.