Rotherham match day thread | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rotherham match day thread

Jul 29, 2010
Here they come, the flighty knee jerk surrender monkey, jump at their own shadow sorts. Time to log off for the weekend :wave:

Any one of us would've taken an away draw at 3pm....some even predicted the correct score :whistle:

Whatever circumstances get thrown up within a game are inconsequential to the history books. They will show that a team in the relegation places went to a team on the fringe of the play-offs and got a point. Any away point is a good point, this one is no different.

Painful yes, reason to lose the plot and react as angrily as a defeat? Absolutely not.

Well done lads, gutted for you. Now get your heads up and get us a win against Oldham.

Oct 31, 2015
I wont get on DAs back tonight. I wasnt expecting anything from this trip and would have taken the point. Disappointing about the equaliser against 10 men but I am content tonight.

Thr one thing it shows sll those green tints that have used the sendings off as an excuse for pur dreadful defeats you can get results with 10 men.

Well done to lads today.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
X Isle":2gk13ibs said:
Here they come, the flighty knee jerk surrender monkey, jump at their own shadow sorts. Time to log off for the weekend :wave:

Any one of us would've taken an away draw at 3pm....some even predicted the correct score :whistle:

Whatever circumstances get thrown up within a game are inconsequential to the history books. They will show that a team in the relegation places went to a team on the fringe of the play-offs and got a point. Any away point is a good point, this one is no different.

Painful yes, reason to lose the plot and react as angrily as a defeat? Absolutely not.

Well done lads, gutted for you. Now get your heads up and get us a win against Oldham.

Retreat into the shadows until another win gives you some actual reason to believe we’re gettimn ourselves out of this mess.

Cheerio.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":344vgbdl said:
phil-thefluter24":344vgbdl said:
Knibbsworth":344vgbdl said:
Still a good point. Difference is Argyle get red cards in the first half, that's why we invariably get overwhelmed.
They played most of the second half with ten ffs what more do you want. b****cks sums it up

I'm sure you'll get over it in time dear.

Most of our rivals in the drop zone won't get a point away at Rotherham.

Why not? They're below most of them in the form table, and we know how important that is.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Rotheram are neat and tidy strong side,11 vs 11 we did well to match them but little going forward from us. Good subs by Adams in getting Wylde and Ainsworth on (jervis and Grant not good today), we suddenly looked like a real attacking threat.

However once we scored you could see their best chance to score would be from a set piece, so really don't understand the Taylor sub for Fletcher on 90 mins,nothing against Fletcher but we needed big men to defend the corners, surely Songo would have made sense. It was a weird decision and most unlike Adams.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Spot on Smiffy. Disappointing as hell to draw in that manner, but it’s another valuable point that I didn’t think we’d get beforehand and that gets us closer to safety.

There’s a discussion to be had about our failure to put it to bed, but these things happen all the time. If you want to get hysterical and angry about it, you’re only going to ruin your own weekend.

Bring on Oldham at home. We are really motoring out of the relegation zone if we win.

Mar 14, 2009
X Isle":2il9ccm3 said:

I think people are just frustrated to be fair.

When we are down to 10 men an opposition team dominates us and we have no way of getting back into the game.

We have a 1 man advantage and we struggle even to dominate the opposition.

Which ever way you dress it up it is 2 wins from the last 7 games.

However, the good news is there seems a few poor teams down there with us so we do have a chance of getting out of this. They key is the home form and Adams finding a way of breaking teams down and scoring more goals.

Mar 14, 2009
Biggs":emfhf3ha said:
Spot on Smiffy. Disappointing as hell to draw in that manner, but it’s another valuable point that I didn’t think we’d get beforehand and that gets us closer to safety.

There’s a discussion to be had about our failure to put it to bed, but these things happen all the time. If you want to get hysterical and angry about it, you’re only going to ruin your own weekend.

Bring on Oldham at home. We are really motoring out of the relegation zone if we win.

Not sure what car this is then ;) if this is motoring.

However, a point is decent. It's just a bad feeling when you lose it in the manner we did and against 10 men.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Mickey, you know full well it’s disingenuous to talk about getting of the league relegation zone in the same breath as stating we’ve won 2 out of 7.

It’s currently 2 wins out of 5 league games. Even without draws like today, that will be fine.

Hoping for more though, obviously. I am gutted we couldn’t do that today, I must say.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Metal_Green_Mickey":37j25mmt said:
Biggs":37j25mmt said:

Not sure what car this is then ;) if this is motoring.

However, a point is decent. It's just a bad feeling when you lose it in the manner we did and against 10 men.

Maybe pootling is a better word ;)

As long as it’s in the right direction, I’ll take that for the rest of the season.

Mar 14, 2009
Biggs":3iorvaq2 said:
Mickey, you know full well it’s disingenous to talk about getting of the league relegation zone in the same breath as stating we’ve won 2 out of 7.

It’s currently 2 wins out of 5 league games. Even without draws like today, that will be fine.

Hoping for more though, obviously. I am gutted we couldn’t do that today, I must say.

Not really. My point before was our overall results haven't improved recently. The two games were the FA Cup and the League Trophy. Both of which he fielded two full strength teams that you could of easily seen in a league game.

So 2 wins out of 7 isn't good form. Well that's what l think anyhow.

However, looking at the league table l think we can just about scrap out of this but we must find a way to create more chances in order to score more goals as our defence will keep conceding enough opportunities for the opposition to score. As proven today against even 10 men.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Can`t win with ten men, can`t win against ten men. All the talk about a point being thought a good result at 3pm goes out the window when playing ten men and being a goal to the good. Not good enough, and anyone who says differently can`t have a realistic grasp on our perilous position, I`m reminded of the band on the Titanic.