Rotherham match day thread | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rotherham match day thread

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
That would be assuming the same levels of effort, mentality and gameplan in those two cup games, while the entire focus of the club is on the league. Which certainly wouldn’t be the case in a Checkatrade game and probably wasn’t the case v Bradford given the relatively gung-ho and open performance. Quite apart from there literally being no points at stake, so not relevant to a league discussion.

But you make a good point re creating chances and the league table looks ‘relatively’ (note the emphasis on that word before I get ridiculed by others) good. No doubt we’re both equally desperate for a win v Oldham, and just as desperate to see who comes in during the transfer window.

Mar 14, 2009
justanotherfan":2hrtjf8m said:
Can`t win with ten men, can`t win against ten men. All the talk about a point being thought a good result at 3pm goes out the window when playing ten men and being a goal to the good. Not good enough, and anyone who says differently can`t have a realistic grasp on our perilous position, I`m reminded of the band on the Titanic.

The good news is the teams around us.

Northampton looked as poor as I've seen in this league.

Bury are starting to get cut adrift.

Rochdale and AFC Wimbledon shouldn't really be having a better budget than us.

So if all things are evenish come the Transfer Window then there is still a decent chance we can survive.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
justanotherfan":tprwp3fx said:
Can`t win with ten men, can`t win against ten men. All the talk about a point being thought a good result at 3pm goes out the window when playing ten men and being a goal to the good. Not good enough, and anyone who says differently can`t have a realistic grasp on our perilous position, I`m reminded of the band on the Titanic.

The Titanic was sinking with no hope of survivors. If you think Argyle are getting worse and really do have no hope, then I can only assume you're using shards from your half empty glass to slit your wrists.

Edit... Mickey with a far more balanced and reasonable reply than mine :greensmile:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Out of interest who was at fault for the goal we conceded?

I would say the whole team as they were all packed into the penalty area, and yet a player who was unmarked scored.

Mar 14, 2009
Biggs":9bpfy8nx said:
That would be assuming the same levels of effort, mentality and gameplan in those two cup games, while the entire focus of the club is on the league. Which certainly wouldn’t be the case in a Checkatrade game and probably wasn’t the case v Bradford given the relatively gung-ho and open performance. Quite apart from there literally being no points at stake, so not relevant to a league discussion.

But you make a good point re creating chances and the league table looks ‘relatively’ (note the emphasis on that word before I get ridiculed by others) good. No doubt we’re both equally desperate for a win v Oldham, and just as desperate to see who comes in during the transfer window.

Very much so. Away from home there is a tad more space. At home though l am concerned about how we break teams down in order to score more.

With regards to Oldham my concern for that match is Doyle. He seems in good goal scoring form for them.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":2agr724o said:
justanotherfan":2agr724o said:

So if all things are evenish come the Transfer Window then there is still a decent chance we can survive.

I would rather we controlled our own destiny and would hope that DA buys better in January than he did in July.

Mar 14, 2009
Ottawa Green":3jsmjcmp said:
Out of interest who was at fault for the goal we conceded?

I would say the whole team as they were all packed into the penalty area, and yet a player who was unmarked scored.

I believe it was Rotherham's CB so l'm guessing normally someone like Taylor would maybe of marked him but l think he got subbed last few moments of the game before they scored.

Maybe some mis-communications of who was picking up who.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
We had 11 players in the penalty area they had 9 how could you miss a open player

Mar 14, 2009
Voice_of_Reason":2eiarqyj said:
Anyone would think we are the first team to concede a goal against 10 men.

Absolutely gutting to drop points in this manner, but its not a bad point, as for it being boring, this i'm afraid will be standard fair, we have decided on a method of play, its not great to watch, but it has seen an improvement in our results and therefore DA will not be changing it anytime soon.

PS - I had Argyle in an acca with Gillingham, Derby and Ipswich, so my pocket feels like phoning 999.

I read this and felt fit ya.

I was watching the match unfold on skybet on that live pitch graphic as I had Argyle at 9/2. Could of gone either way but we got the first goal.

However, could see how they were still getting chances so l buckled and cashed out and at 16/1 put some on the draw.

Hopefully, your luck changes next week.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":w8gpgl05 said:
justanotherfan":w8gpgl05 said:

Northampton won, Gillingham won, Bury have a game in hand.

Apr 5, 2008
Bbc report pretty damning on our way of playing.

Those two points dropped could be very costly at the end of the season .

Mar 14, 2009
Ottawa Green":c22jldmn said:
We had 11 players in the penalty area they had 9 how could you miss a open player

I'm afraid this has been my point about Argyle for the past two years.

Defensively, we don't mark up properly, we fail to tackle players that run at us and we don't close down players even though we get people behind the ball.

I would like to know who coaches the defence. The same bad habits aren't being dealt with and personally think we have good players but we keep conceding so really soft goals.