Rickie Lambert (will he sign?) | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rickie Lambert (will he sign?)

Will Lambert sign for Argyle?

• Yes

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 84 46.4%
  • This thread is complete nonsense

Votes: 81 44.8%

• Total voters
Mar 21, 2008
Metal_Green_Mickey":3vavp2i3 said:
Rob_GT4":3vavp2i3 said:
The Herald will surely be berated on here for literally making up stories supposedly confirmed by 'close sources', and rightly so

I wonder if someone somewhere within the paper is having to currently think about how they're going to write an article to publish that essentially says they fabricated the whole thing, can imagine that's reasonably difficult

To be fair a number of people on here were pushing this story.

It went on for days before the herald published their story about him supposedly having talks.

In my place of work it was even doing the rounds. That's how bad it got. Someone was on a wind up and managed to make it snowball into footballing gossip that somehow spread.

The herald look foolish because they keep copying stories on here. If they done their sums they would have wondered how Argyle would be able to afford him especially after we just gone all out to re-sign Carey.

TBH, what harm has it done though. There was no further transfer news this week and it filled a gap whilst we wait for pre-season to get under way.

They weren't just reciting conjecture and speculation though, they actually reported that their sources had spotted him in Plymouth but in reality he's been nowhere near the city as that article now states, that's pretty damaging to their reputation I'd say

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Rob_GT4":3jnkach4 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3jnkach4 said:
Rob_GT4":3jnkach4 said:
The Herald will surely be berated on here for literally making up stories supposedly confirmed by 'close sources', and rightly so

I wonder if someone somewhere within the paper is having to currently think about how they're going to write an article to publish that essentially says they fabricated the whole thing, can imagine that's reasonably difficult

To be fair a number of people on here were pushing this story.

It went on for days before the herald published their story about him supposedly having talks.

In my place of work it was even doing the rounds. That's how bad it got. Someone was on a wind up and managed to make it snowball into footballing gossip that somehow spread.

The herald look foolish because they keep copying stories on here. If they done their sums they would have wondered how Argyle would be able to afford him especially after we just gone all out to re-sign Carey.

TBH, what harm has it done though. There was no further transfer news this week and it filled a gap whilst we wait for pre-season to get under way.

They weren't just reciting conjecture and speculation though, they actually reported that their sources had spotted him in Plymouth but in reality he's been nowhere near the city as that article now states, that's pretty damaging to their reputation I'd say

Indeed, the search for readers to their website has hit a new low.
Can we even believe them with the latest "sourced" story that Lambert isn't coming? :)

Chris Errington has been away this week and it's been obvious.

Jul 6, 2011
If we sign on Lambert I can see argyle as the old players graveyard, comparable with an old racehorse put out to seed, galloping around, finally freed from the reins and saddle and the eternal whip.
The last hurrah is usual a fizzy firework and not the anticipated impact of a nuclear rocket. Let the poor old filly go and let's instead fill our imaginations with the possibility of a 20 goal a season youngster like Fletcher, we can but dream, because all things are possible....

Heathrow Green

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
I love it that this thread is turning into a self-fullfilling prophecy.

It was created in rumours, spread to social media, which in turn spurs more comments on this thread, which lead to more social media, rinse and repeat ad nausium.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You have to remind yourself it's the internet.

The more you repeat it, the truer it becomes, chuck in some detail for good measure and it gets even truer. :greensmile:

Sep 7, 2006
Would Rickie come to Argyle? He must be on a fair wedge up at Cardiff.

Rinse and repeat.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Bullet dodged. Now we can sign a "nothing" player on a free from a peer-level club, who will go on to produce far more than Lambert would have, at 20% of the wage.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
landons forehead":a4yg2you said:
Bullet dodged. Now we can sign a "nothing" player on a free from a peer-level club, who will go on to produce far more than Lambert would have, at 20% of the wage.

It depends if you believe the Herald or not. No other news outlet has said Lambert isn't signing for Argyle.

We'll see.