Rickie Lambert (will he sign?) | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rickie Lambert (will he sign?)

Will Lambert sign for Argyle?

• Yes

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 84 46.4%
  • This thread is complete nonsense

Votes: 81 44.8%

• Total voters

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Why don't we just name a player who is a little past his prime who might want to play for a club not in the premiership/championship and run 20 pages on him.

The herald will read it on here (particularly when Chris Errington is away and the crèche isn't staffed) and mention that he has been spotted in Plymouth or at least a darn good lookalike. "sources close to the herald"? WTF??!!

Normally it sits in rumours til people get bored (Kanu/Noone/etc)

It could have been Terry this summer but no-one could be bothered to make it up, unlike this one

This is totally made up, forget it.

Jan 3, 2013
Penlee":1r9zj71j said:
Why don't we just name a player who is a little past his prime who might want to play for a club not in the premiership/championship and run 20 pages on him.

The herald will read it on here (particularly when Chris Errington is away and the crèche isn't staffed) and mention that he has been spotted in Plymouth or at least a darn good lookalike. "sources close to the herald"? WTF??!!

It could have been Terry this summer but no-one could be bothered to make it up, unlike this one

You know definitively that it's made up do you?

Sep 6, 2006
Knarf Reprah":26wi81md said:
Penlee":26wi81md said:

I think somebody has made up that its made up. :crazy:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Penlee":35g5ctec said:

There has been intense speculation about Argyle signing Lambert on social media, newspapers and gossip columns. Whether it's going to happen or not, it's on the main board because it's been picked up by mainstream news outlets. It hasn't just been made up on here.

Stop being so condescending.

And for what it's worth, I think the Herald team do a good job in a climate where it is incredibly difficult for local papers to stay afloat. In amongst the annoying ads and the social media clickbait stuff that they'll have been told to do, there is some good material and the regular podcast featuring Jak Ball and Beren Cross is very decent.

Feb 8, 2005
Balham_Green":1slefaqk said:
Knarf Reprah":1slefaqk said:
Penlee":1slefaqk said:

I think somebody has made up that its made up. :crazy:

I think that you've made up that someone has made up that it's made up!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Winchelsea Green":3bb0k3ev said:
deanthegreenmachine":3bb0k3ev said:
this thread should be called, Get A Life Centre

Classic "Summer" thread. Perhaps we should have a poll as to whether we think he'll sign - or if there's not a "Sasha".

Mike

Done! :)

Oct 21, 2015
Biggs":2ejuu3og said:
True or not, this is incredibly reminiscent of the Carey thread :lol:

Intense speculation followed by scores of 'knowledgeable' posters queuing up to tell us that there is no chance. Then everyone getting a bit bored with the whole thing.

Hopefully this "will he - wont he" saga will be over very soon. Speculation built on nothing more than a hunch from an unidentified source with the classic " I spotted him at the Life Centre". Unless he was wearing a replica No. 9 Cardiff/WBA/Liverpool/Southampton shirt with his name on it and shook his hand and said Hi my name is Rickie Lambert while having a dip I always take the lookalike spot with a very big bag of salt. Now the subject of national press gossip linking him with argyle it just shows that if you repeat something enough times it becomes "fact"!.

The Lambert pasoti thread though has a completely different feel than the Carey "will he - wont he" one. Whether you believed he would sign or not, everyone HOPED GC10 would sign and when he did there was a feeling of achievement and celebration. The prospect of Lambert signing does not have the same tense feel and understandably divides opinion. If he does sign there will be the counter reaction of negatives like not worth the money/has his legs gone/will he upset the dressing room team spirit etc etc. If he does not sign it will be a case of "nothing to see here lets move on". Either way ...get this decision out of the way and then we can all get down to the Life Centre to spot another Rooney or Costa in the deep end.

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Stop being so condescending.

And for what it's worth, I think the Herald team do a good job in a climate where it is incredibly difficult for local papers to stay afloat. In amongst the annoying ads and the social media clickbait stuff that they'll have been told to do, there is some good material and the regular podcast featuring Jak Ball and Beren Cross is very decent.[/quote]

Fair play Biggs I take it back, apologies if I offended. Someone somewhere is making stuff up that's all.

I don't actually post that often, only if I have good info really, so apologies, enjoy the rest of the ride on this one till it fizzles out.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Somebody told me that Wrathall had said it's highly unlikely after the board meeting yesterday
No inside knowledge or anything just what I was told

Oct 24, 2013
I think what edengreen is saying is that somebody gave them some inside knowledge, but they don't have any inside knowledge, just reporting back some inside knowledge that they don't have! That about right?!