Remi Matthews (back to Norwich & may return to Argyle) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Remi Matthews (back to Norwich & may return to Argyle)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
You are assuming that the EFL would grant another emergency loan after ending another for reasons other than injury to the new loanee

Or to put it another way, do you think the EFL would have let Argyle chop and change loaners had Matthews turned out to be pants?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Lundan Cabbie":2u0cvnvb said:
You are assuming that the EFL would grant another emergency loan after ending another for reasons other than injury to the new loanee

Or to put it another way, do you think the EFL would have let Argyle chop and change loaners had Matthews turned out to be pants?

A very fair assumption. We are Argyle!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Ade the green":bffb3sox said:
Lundan Cabbie":bffb3sox said:

A very fair assumption. We are Argyle!

I guess green and goalkeepers were once football tradition :)

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Lundan Cabbie":tc9ro22p said:

It would have ended because the seven days were up rather than it being ended so yes, by their rules they'd have to. Wycombe did it last season at one point.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Are we expecting Remi to be fit for Bradford in the Cup on the weekend?

If not do we give Cooper another chance or try a find a new loan keeper whose team will allow him to be cup tied?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Lundan Cabbie":1f68d05h said:

This assumes that the parent club is happy to loan beyond the 7 day period. A new keeper may be loaned on the condition that it won't be for longer than a week or two. Then we would require another, if still without fit 'keepers.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
SwimWithTheTide":rlwqx5if said:
Lundan Cabbie":rlwqx5if said:

This assumes that the parent club is happy to loan beyond the 7 day period. A new keeper may be loaned on the condition that it won't be for longer than a week or two. Then we would require another, if still without fit 'keepers.
After seeing what has happened to our goalkeepers it would be a really brave club/manager to allow us to play their goalkeeper in an FA Cup tie. You could say that without Cooper we would be over a barrel - I'll get my coat.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
memory man":2eoz3llq said:
SwimWithTheTide":2eoz3llq said:
Lundan Cabbie":2eoz3llq said:

After seeing what has happened to our goalkeepers it would be a really brave club/manager to allow us to play their goalkeeper in an FA Cup tie. You could say that without Cooper we would be over a barrel - I'll get my coat.

Just concentrate on the cask in hand! :coat:

No reason why a keeper loaned to us is more likely to be injured is there? logically I mean?

Unless we do be cursed we do be, me hearties!!

Apr 9, 2011
Not that i'm yearning for him to come back but has anyone a clue as to McCormick's injuries? must surely be fairly serious for him to be out this long

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
phil-thefluter24":gj7ic2yi said:
Not that i'm yearning for him to come back but has anyone a clue as to McCormick's injuries? must surely be fairly serious for him to be out this long

I quite liked Letheren myself. What’s the odds that Te Loeke comes back first?

Jan 27, 2012
If Adams can ship TeLoeke off to another club then it would be great to get Matthews on a permanent loan in January. He is better than McCormick and Argyle need a good keeper given the way the defence plays.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Balham_Green":lkn4xzyl said:
Another fine mess by Sarcevic. It was his c*ck up which led to the incident where Matthews got injured.
He was closed down pretty quickly and nobody was offering themselves up to receive the ball. Wasn't really much he could do.