Remi Matthews (back to Norwich & may return to Argyle) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Remi Matthews (back to Norwich & may return to Argyle)

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
Quintrell_Green":2b8ez6ps said:
lipsonlad67":2b8ez6ps said:
He’s still hoping to be fit enough for the Northampton game, however not betraying any confidences here, he was still hobbling about last night. The hope is that Mother Nature and rest does its bit between now and Tuesday and won’t mean that Geoff Crudgington will be brought out of retirement!

I think even Geoff looks fitter than that non-League keeper, who ate all the pies during that F A Cup game a couple of years ago!

Geoff’s definitely ahead of him and fit’s in well with the manager’s ethos, through experience, of ‘parking the bus’. :coat:

Jan 6, 2007
Incidentally I saw Geoff leave well before the end yesterday, first time I've seen him do that, can't say I blame him mind!!!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":31j1zra1 said:
lipsonlad67":31j1zra1 said:
He’s still hoping to be fit enough for the Northampton game, however not betraying any confidences here, he was still hobbling about last night. The hope is that Mother Nature and rest does its bit between now and Tuesday and won’t mean that Geoff Crudgington will be brought out of retirement!

I think even Geoff looks fitter than that non-League keeper, who ate all the pies during that F A Cup game a couple of years ago!

I know time seems to pass ever quicker but Piegate was THIS year.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":3lstzkc0 said:
He was limping all game but still managed to make a very good save and claim a few crosses.
Apparently he had to play as we couldn't bring in another keeper even if Adams wanted to.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Leigh Rapson":3ebty9uw said:
Keepitgreen":3ebty9uw said:
Cobi Budge":3ebty9uw said:
He was limping all game but still managed to make a very good save and claim a few crosses.
Apparently he had to play as we couldn't bring in another keeper even if Adams wanted to.

Interesting comment! Can you explain further?
There you go, Jimsing's done it for me. I just saw a quote from DA last night.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PAFC Norfolk":riei1hk4 said:
We could if Remi is declared not fit.

He could then return to Norwich but if Argyle had to loan another in his place, there would be no return to HP for Matthews once he was fit again. The club would have to stay with the new loanee.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Lundan Cabbie":xy965ned said:
PAFC Norfolk":xy965ned said:

He could then return to Norwich but if Argyle had to loan another in his place, there would be no return to HP for Matthews once he was fit again. The club would have to stay with the new loanee.
Is that correct? If there's a rule on it then I've missed it, but I assume you mean because the new loanee wouldn't be injured? The new loanee would be on a seven day loan, so once that expires, surely Matthews would then be able to return on a seven day loan if still needed?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Argy1e":3ol0q2kz said:
Lundan Cabbie":3ol0q2kz said:
PAFC Norfolk":3ol0q2kz said:

Is that correct? If there's a rule on it then I've missed it, but I assume you mean because the new loanee wouldn't be injured? The new loanee would be on a seven day loan, so once that expires, surely Matthews would then be able to return on a seven day loan if still needed?

It wouldn't be a 7 day loan though. These are emergency loans that are governed by the fitness of Argyle's senior 'keepers. If Matthews has to return to Norwich due to his own injury or is required back at Carrow Road before McCormick & co are fit, Argyle will be allowed another emergency loan. That loan will have the same conditions attached it as the current one in that it will end when the club's goalkeepers can play rather than a time when RM is available again. He could of course come back as a Standard Loan in January if both clubs agree.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Lundan Cabbie":1mhztyz0 said:
Argy1e":1mhztyz0 said:
Lundan Cabbie":1mhztyz0 said:
PAFC Norfolk":1mhztyz0 said:

It wouldn't be a 7 day loan though. These are emergency loans that are governed by the fitness of Argyle's senior 'keepers. If Matthews has to return to Norwich due to his own injury or is required back at Carrow Road before McCormick & co are fit, Argyle will be allowed another emergency loan. That loan will have the same conditions attached it as the current one in that it will end when the club's goalkeepers can play rather than a time when RM is available again. He could have course come back as a Standard Loan in January if both clubs agree.
No, it is a seven day emergency loan which is being extended each week by seven days. So we would be able to get Matthews on a loan after the seven days of a different loan ran out if our other keepers are still injured.