Promotion sealed at Pompey!! | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Promotion sealed at Pompey!!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
On the OS it says we have to win on Friday to be promoted, but surely we could go up with a draw provided that Luton lose?

Apr 1, 2009
Cobi Budge":2b6mceez said:
On the OS it says we have to win on Friday to be promoted, but surely we could go up with a draw provided that Luton lose?

We go up on Friday if we draw, Luton lose, and Stevenage don't win.

Mar 14, 2009
I would urge those people who do go to be very cautious.

There are some disturbing threads and comments like in the link below on their message board

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=690568

A number of them are miffed at the playoff game where a number of our fans taunted them at the final whistle. That was a little classless by us considering if you remember when Newcastle won promotion at HP, a number of our fans were upset just for playing Newcastle music over the tannoy so they could celebrate.

It's seems to me unfortunately this game will kick off because you going to have a small, minority, numpty set of fans who will cause trouble if their side is losing/has lost.

The last thing we want now is a publicity because WE can't behave. I just hope people have a great day, stay safe but the club comes away without incident.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
xmastree":1qiyeedj said:
Cobi Budge":1qiyeedj said:

We go up on Friday if we draw, Luton lose, and Stevenage don't win.

Yep that's what I thought.

Cant see it happening though, I think we'll seal it on Monday.

Sep 13, 2003
Metal_Green_Mickey":35tl5svp said:

There are some disturbing threads and comments like in the link below on their message board

A number of them are miffed at the playoff game where a number of our fans taunted them at the final whistle. That was a little classless by us considering if you remember when Newcastle won promotion at HP, a number of our fans were upset just for playing Newcastle music over the tannoy so they could celebrate.

It's seems to me unfortunately this game will kick off because you going to have a small, minority, numpty set of fans who will cause trouble if their side is losing/has lost.

The last thing we want now is a publicity because WE can't behave. I just hope people have a great day, stay safe but the club comes away without incident.

Bloody hell, are you scared of your own shadow or something? Talk about making a mountain out a molehill. There is nothing in that Portsmouth thread to suggest anything is going to happen or there is any risk to people going. The game will be well policed anyway.

Besides the Stevenage and Luton games are very winnable home games plus the games kick off 30mins after ours. Can't see any Argyle fans hanging around in that dump of an away end to wait for the final scores from other games when they will have various modes of bank holiday transport to catch.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
If we win/draw and the Luton game looks close I think people will stay, hope they allow it.

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":mdbcds81 said:
If we win/draw and the Luton game looks close I think people will stay, hope they allow it.

They absolutely will not allow it in the unlikely event. Do you think the old bill will hang around for 30 minutes plus waiting for results from elsewhere? Get real.

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":2cwqtnpr said:
Cobi Budge":2cwqtnpr said:

They absolutely will not allow it in the unlikely event. Do you think the old bill will hang around for 30 minutes plus waiting for results from elsewhere? Get real.

They might keep the away fans behind anyway as they have to disperse the disgruntled Pompey fans.

Mar 8, 2016
Promotion is happening, we are up, celebrate at Portsmouth regardless of the result. on the pitch on the pitch on the pitch.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Knarf has spoken. It won't happen at Fratton.

Although I think the same poster suggested Crawley would be where we clinched promotion so there is still hope. :)

Mar 14, 2009
Clarke_B":28jn717n said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":28jn717n said:

Bloody hell, are you scared of your own shadow or something? Talk about making a mountain out a molehill. There is nothing in that Portsmouth thread to suggest anything is going to happen or there is any risk to people going. The game will be well policed anyway.

Besides the Stevenage and Luton games are very winnable home games plus the games kick off 30mins after ours. Can't see any Argyle fans hanging around in that dump of an away end to wait for the final scores from other games when they will have various modes of bank holiday transport to catch.

How is one of their fans saying "My suggestion is we fire some flares at any invading Plymouth fans" making a mountain out of a molehill. There are other threads/comments on that site along similar lines. What you said is somewhat stupid and ignorant.

I guess you would be fine if you had a flare fired at you then? Ask the people its killed like this guy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...an-at-world-cup-qualifying-match-1505057.html

I only mentioned it so people are just careful and watchful because although the vast majority of Pompey fans are sound they will have a minority of nutters like we do.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Clarke_B":3mhwqta0 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3mhwqta0 said:

I can't see why people bother trawling opposition websites!! What is the point and there is absolutely nothing to read here, just normal banter! Move on, yawn!!

chave

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Mar 15, 2017
Pompey fan here. Realistically, if at the final whistle some Plymouth fans jump on the pitch to celebrate/gloat after winning, some of our fans will probably jump on after them. Not advocating it, but a bunch of drunk football fans in the sun isn't the home of common sense, and any Plymouth fans jumping on will probably know they aren't going to get a polite round of applause.

Sep 13, 2003
Mickey, you should send your investigative findings to Panorama. They may want to send some undercover reporters to trawl the streets of Portsmouth to unearth the seedy flare-firing Pompey fans who are gunning for all fans green.
Stop being such a drama queen.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Metal_Green_Mickey":1atr78d8 said:
Clarke_B":1atr78d8 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1atr78d8 said:

How is one of their fans saying "My suggestion is we fire some flares at any invading Plymouth fans" making a mountain out of a molehill. There are other threads/comments on that site along similar lines. What you said is somewhat stupid and ignorant.

I guess you would be fine if you had a flare fired at you then? Ask the people its killed like this guy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...an-at-world-cup-qualifying-match-1505057.html

I only mentioned it so people are just careful and watchful because although the vast majority of Pompey fans are sound they will have a minority of nutters like we do.

99% certain this'll just be some silly kid desperate for some notoriety and to look "hard". There'll be police everywhere on Friday, I'm not too worried. The vast majority of their fans, like ours, are decent people. Sure there's inevitably going to be some awful, awful people there, but you're literally talking about a few dozen people.