Promotion sealed at Pompey!! | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Promotion sealed at Pompey!!

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Metal_Green_Mickey":15mkoryy said:
Clarke_B":15mkoryy said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":15mkoryy said:
I would urge those people who do go to be very cautious.

There are some disturbing threads and comments like in the link below on their message board

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=690568

A number of them are miffed at the playoff game where a number of our fans taunted them at the final whistle. That was a little classless by us considering if you remember when Newcastle won promotion at HP, a number of our fans were upset just for playing Newcastle music over the tannoy so they could celebrate.

It's seems to me unfortunately this game will kick off because you going to have a small, minority, numpty set of fans who will cause trouble if their side is losing/has lost.

The last thing we want now is a publicity because WE can't behave. I just hope people have a great day, stay safe but the club comes away without incident.

Bloody hell, are you scared of your own shadow or something? Talk about making a mountain out a molehill. There is nothing in that Portsmouth thread to suggest anything is going to happen or there is any risk to people going. The game will be well policed anyway.

Besides the Stevenage and Luton games are very winnable home games plus the games kick off 30mins after ours. Can't see any Argyle fans hanging around in that dump of an away end to wait for the final scores from other games when they will have various modes of bank holiday transport to catch.

How is one of their fans saying "My suggestion is we fire some flares at any invading Plymouth fans" making a mountain out of a molehill. There are other threads/comments on that site along similar lines. What you said is somewhat stupid and ignorant.

I guess you would be fine if you had a flare fired at you then? Ask the people its killed like this guy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...an-at-world-cup-qualifying-match-1505057.html

I only mentioned it so people are just careful and watchful because although the vast majority of Pompey fans are sound they will have a minority of nutters like we do.

As has been mentioned MGM, it's probably a kid or a keyboard warrior writing that.

It's hardly Roma v Lazio is it!

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
Clarke_B":tewmpy8h said:
Mickey, you should send your investigative findings to Panorama. They may want to send some undercover reporters to trawl the streets of Portsmouth to unearth the seedy flare-firing Pompey fans who are gunning for all fans green.
Stop being such a drama queen.

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
Went there once and nearly didn't come back.We were in a TAURUS VAN HIRE PLYMOUTH and after the game which we won,we were going round the streets looking for a couple of our number and we were spotted and had to make quick exit luckily finding our lost number.

Aug 14, 2015
99% certain this'll just be some silly kid desperate for some notoriety and to look "hard". There'll be police everywhere on Friday, I'm not too worried. The vast majority of their fans, like ours, are decent people. Sure there's inevitably going to be some awful, awful people there, but you're literally talking about a few dozen people.

Mate..the quote Micky talks about is a tongue in Cheek joke..The same day the club issued a warning about Pyrotechnic in the ground and the resulting banning orders they will inflict for use of flares..however if you do win and go on the pitch, i feel it will end badly for them..idiots are idiots where ever they come from..lets hope it don't go that way

Mar 14, 2009
Emu":1g3p5y8h said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1g3p5y8h said:
Clarke_B":1g3p5y8h said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1g3p5y8h said:
I would urge those people who do go to be very cautious.

There are some disturbing threads and comments like in the link below on their message board

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=690568

A number of them are miffed at the playoff game where a number of our fans taunted them at the final whistle. That was a little classless by us considering if you remember when Newcastle won promotion at HP, a number of our fans were upset just for playing Newcastle music over the tannoy so they could celebrate.

It's seems to me unfortunately this game will kick off because you going to have a small, minority, numpty set of fans who will cause trouble if their side is losing/has lost.

The last thing we want now is a publicity because WE can't behave. I just hope people have a great day, stay safe but the club comes away without incident.

Bloody hell, are you scared of your own shadow or something? Talk about making a mountain out a molehill. There is nothing in that Portsmouth thread to suggest anything is going to happen or there is any risk to people going. The game will be well policed anyway.

Besides the Stevenage and Luton games are very winnable home games plus the games kick off 30mins after ours. Can't see any Argyle fans hanging around in that dump of an away end to wait for the final scores from other games when they will have various modes of bank holiday transport to catch.

How is one of their fans saying "My suggestion is we fire some flares at any invading Plymouth fans" making a mountain out of a molehill. There are other threads/comments on that site along similar lines. What you said is somewhat stupid and ignorant.

I guess you would be fine if you had a flare fired at you then? Ask the people its killed like this guy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...an-at-world-cup-qualifying-match-1505057.html

I only mentioned it so people are just careful and watchful because although the vast majority of Pompey fans are sound they will have a minority of nutters like we do.

As has been mentioned MGM, it's probably a kid or a keyboard warrior writing that.

It's hardly Roma v Lazio is it!

True, but then neither was Wales v Romania where the fan got killed.

I only raised it so people would take care, not to be a drama queen as Clarke so politefully put it.

Only takes one idiot.

Aug 15, 2008
if we run on their pitch i fully expect them to charge at us. theres no way they going to take that. stay in the stands and sing your head off or run on the pitch and have it knocked off.

May 14, 2016
Why would anyone run on the pitch at the final whistle? By the time the Luton result comes in there will be about 2 Pompey fans left and most of us will have gone home too!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Knarf Reprah":3irce2qe said:
Verte":3irce2qe said:
idiots will act like idiots. simple.

Spot on, just like the fool at Crawley

Be fair though Frank, he did get a red card. Oh, I see, not him....

Jan 28, 2005
I have been going to home games regularly since 1968. Since then we have only achieved promotion at home on three occasions (1975, 1986, 2002). There is a possibility that this might happen on Monday especially if we don't lose at Portsmouth. I can't see Luton Town losing to Leyton Orient.

Semper Fidelis is an important part of the match-day experience for supporters and I remember how in 1975 it was played immediately after the game. I am hoping that can be repeated. I am not against the other stuff we will inevitably get but playing Semper Fidelis after a game is special.

The last time Semper Fidelis was heard after a game was when we survived at Rochdale. I remember this well because I took the CD! I have written to Rick Cowdery who will remember my a cappella version at a fans' forum some years ago. I hope this relatively small request can be met. It will be a test of the club's PR.

I appreciate that a promotion party away would be a great reward for the travelling fans. In many ways, an away promotion would better reflect the season. These things don't happen often - the last three times I have hung around for a significant length of time (home to Newcastle United 2010 - shell-shock; home to Southampton 2011 - despair; away to Rochdale 2013 - relief) after a game have all been pretty solemn.

I am hoping for something better on Monday but best wishes to those who make the trek to Colchester if things are still not resolved. Perhaps someone can take a Semper CD with them. We played Blaydon Races when Newcastle went up even though we went down the same night. I certainly don't want to wait for the home game against Crewe Alexandra.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Or even better, NO bleddy music.

It's about the fans - not a DJ.

Oct 14, 2015
Ideally....draw tomorrow then a win at HP Easter Monday in front of our fans.....Tomorrow will be tough I fear and play like we did last Saturday and I can see a 2 or 3 goal defeat...

Aug 15, 2008
we are a good side who are playing below par due to the pressure. if derek can take that pressure off them like he should then we will batter pompey.