Promotion sealed at Pompey!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Promotion sealed at Pompey!!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Ludicrous suggestion that simply is not going to happen.

Its far more likely that we will need to go away to Grimsby and have to WIN than us being PROMOTED at Pompey.

Best case scenario is we may stumble over the line Crewe home game if others falter.

I wish we would stop all this nonsense until its mathematically sealed and delivered

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
samjones":ca8ibd2c said:

Its far more likely that we will need to go away to Grimsby and have to WIN than us being PROMOTED at Pompey.

Best case scenario is we may stumble over the line Crewe home game if others falter.

I wish we would stop all this nonsense until its mathematically sealed and delivered

How can you state that it's more realistic to be only 3 points above 4th on the final day than to be 12 points clear of 4th with 4 games remaining...?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Fergy":1pjs1xs0 said:
samjones":1pjs1xs0 said:

How can you state that it's more realistic to be only 3 points above 4th on the final day than to be 12 points clear of 4th with 4 games remaining...?

Its called the fixture list which isn't kind to us in the run in.

At the very best we might scrape 3 wins by the Portsmouth game but with a Tuesday game at Wycombe and Donny away that looks like 2 losses for sure

I hope I'm wrong but I think we have some really tough games and we wont pick up as many points as people assume.

I had us down for a total of 78 points before Mansfield so I could revise that to a more optimistic 80 now but is that enough. It certainly wont be the 75 pts I predict after pompey

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Two losses for sure? Like at Luton and Mansfield our away results are excellent against the better sides. It is no more sure we will lose those than beat Newport or Morecambe at home.

Jan 20, 2004
X Isle":1sn6r562 said:
Army green":1sn6r562 said:
up_the_line":1sn6r562 said:
LeonTheGreen":1sn6r562 said:
I'd love to be able to go up to Grimsby and enjoy the day with no pressure. Not getting my hopes up yet, anything can happen as we've seen in 3 of our 4 home games!

Exactly, before talk of promotion please remember that we still have to play 4 struggling division 4 teams at home

But not on a Tuesday night.
Remind me, which day of the week did we lose to Dagenham and Redbridge towards the end of last season?

UTL is right, there are several achilles heels to negotiate. Indeed in all our remaining games this side is capable of defeat.

I don't like this thread, the title smacks of something GA84 would post followed by those god awful chirpy thumbs. ONE game at a time is the only way forward, the only mindset that will help us through this period.
Agree as soon as the 'P' word was taken for granted last season the wheels fell off

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
One game at a time until we cross the line.
The players need to remain calm and grounded and so do the fans. Cant take anything for granted and become complacent now. Getting over the line is as much in the head as in the legs

Keep
Calm
&
Gain
Promotion

Aug 14, 2015
Easy ..GreenTiger..maybe we will get promotion at home to you..I doubt it though. I think Pompey fans will just be happy to go above you after the game..

Ive been in this great city 25 years, and have always received the kind of reaction that i would expect a grecian fan to get when i have told anyone Im a Pompey fan..Back in Pompey nobody were ever remotely interested in Plymouth until last year, (Play offs etc) so you have to remember , even if you won the league at Fratton, ..it would mean no more to the average Pompey fan than when Norwich won the league at Fratton, As far as i can see your animosity against my club relates back to 83 when we did win the league at Home park and had 10k fans here on all four sides..unless you are part of the Gun crew or whatever it's called.
In the 60's and 70's there was a Kind of "Dockyard derby" for Pompey, but that was with Millwall..

So ..I hope Argyle will get promotion as they fully deserve..I hope we do too..and i would like to see Exeter win the Playoffs..as a short 45 minute jaunt to a game has it's attraction..

Good luck and Calm down

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
ford hill POMPEY fan":5c9cnhlt said:
Easy ..GreenTiger..maybe we will get promotion at home to you..I doubt it though. I think Pompey fans will just be happy to go above you after the game..

Ive been in this great city 25 years, and have always received the kind of reaction that i would expect a grecian fan to get when i have told anyone Im a Pompey fan..Back in Pompey nobody were ever remotely interested in Plymouth until last year, (Play offs etc) so you have to remember , even if you won the league at Fratton, ..it would mean no more to the average Pompey fan than when Norwich won the league at Fratton, As far as i can see your animosity against my club relates back to 83 when we did win the league at Home park and had 10k fans here on all four sides..unless you are part of the Gun crew or whatever it's called.
In the 60's and 70's there was a Kind of "Dockyard derby" for Pompey, but that was with Millwall..

So ..I hope Argyle will get promotion as they fully deserve..I hope we do too..and i would like to see Exeter win the Playoffs..as a short 45 minute jaunt to a game has it's attraction..

Good luck and Calm down
OH!! Would you look at that? We must be playing Portsmouth again soon, 'cause the Ford Hill Pompey' PARASITE makes another appearance.
Jog on freak, you're obsessed with us.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Funny how they have reappeared now that promotion is looking odds on for them again. It all went very quiet while it was looking unlikely they would make the top 3. Anyway, as it now looks like they could well pip us for 2nd place I guess we will have to put up with it again.

May 16, 2016
jerryatricjanner":1byepf7q said:
Funny how they have reappeared now that promotion is looking odds on for them again. It all went very quiet while it was looking unlikely they would make the top 3. Anyway, as it now looks like they could well pip us for 2nd place I guess we will have to put up with it again.

Standard Pompeyite I'm afraid. From my experience, big themselves up if the Spotlights on them and things are going well, remain quietly in the shadows if not.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Guiri Green":2r6qtf29 said:
jerryatricjanner":2r6qtf29 said:

Standard Pompeyite I'm afraid. From my experience, big themselves up if the Spotlights on them and things are going well, remain quietly in the shadows if not.
They ALL say they don't care about us, yet every time I mention Argyle on my twitter account I always get Portsmouth fans replying how much better they are than us and get HUUUGE (yawn) crowds every week. If their home crowd is so big and intimidating, how come they've lost about 15 home games in the last two years?

I've come to the conclusion that they are taking such a big interest in us because they are being totally overwhelmed and overshadowed by the other South coast teams. Saints, Bournemouth and very soon to be Brighton are all going to be playing in the Premier League next season. Portsmouth will get promotion this season and nobody will care. It'll all be about Brighton. That will p1ss 'em off no end.
Can you imagine the South coast BBC local news program that is on at the same time as Spotlight. They'll be 4th in the pecking order. Oooh, that's gonna hurt.

They're turning their attention on Argyle because they've gone from Billy big bollox to Sammy small time.

The typical South coast sports headlines next season will be: 'Super Saints secure win against Liverpool' 'Battling Brighton earn draw at Arsenal' 'Brave Bournemouth narrowly lose at Old Trafford'...................oh and Portsmouth lose at home to Milton Keynes.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Very cruel Ghost. it's a shame they couldn't have hung around the basement a couple more seasons really and had a real local derby with Eastleigh perhaps.

Mar 8, 2016
Although very unlikely I wonder if it would be possible to go into this match against Pompey where both teams need just 1 point to guarantee promotion? how would both teams approach that match.

Ghost":wvrxlquw said:
Guiri Green":wvrxlquw said:
jerryatricjanner":wvrxlquw said:

They ALL say they don't care about us, yet every time I mention Argyle on my twitter account I always get Portsmouth fans replying how much better they are than us and get HUUUGE (yawn) crowds every week. If their home crowd is so big and intimidating, how come they've lost about 15 home games in the last two years?

I've come to the conclusion that they are taking such a big interest in us because they are being totally overwhelmed and overshadowed by the other South coast teams. Saints, Bournemouth and very soon to be Brighton are all going to be playing in the Premier League next season. Portsmouth will get promotion this season and nobody will care. It'll all be about Brighton. That will p1ss 'em off no end.
Can you imagine the South coast BBC local news program that is on at the same time as Spotlight. They'll be 4th in the pecking order. Oooh, that's gonna hurt.

They're turning their attention on Argyle because they've gone from Billy big bollox to Sammy small time.

The typical South coast sports headlines next season will be: 'Super Saints secure win against Liverpool' 'Battling Brighton earn draw at Arsenal' 'Brave Bournemouth narrowly lose at Old Trafford'...................oh and Portsmouth lose at home to Milton Keynes.

And Plymouth aren't even mentioned at all. Seemingly irrelevant for years now. But maybe the EFL's "best manager" (by his own accounts) will get you noticed next year in League 1. We'll finish above your tinpot club this season too.