Mr Ferguson is a little bitter | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mr Ferguson is a little bitter

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Doncastervisitor":14qc18uh said:
davie nine":14qc18uh said:
We had better clear chances. Carey and Jervis in second half.

Their chances were stopped by excellent defending. McCormick (2), Threlkeld, Songo'o. That's not luck.

No, you didn't. Our keeper didn't have a save to make apart from the bullet header that he could only have saved if it went straight at him.

Your keeper made 3 outstanding saves, and there were at least two sliding blocks.

Doncaster had by far the better chances, and overall the better performance. BUT Plymouth had the goal and therefore the result.

I have no sour grapes nor complaints. Marquis' header for example, another 12 inches or so and McCormick doesn't get it. We didn't score, primarily due to your great defending - but you did, with a powerful header. On another day with the identical performance and chances we win 2-1 or 3-1.

But football doesn't work like that every match. If I was an Argyle fan I would be delighted with the way you kept us out and the chance you took, and the 3 points keeping the title race alive, as well as bringing promotion closer.

Both our clubs will go up I am fairly certain now, so in reality it is a straight race for the title. If we play other teams as well as we did against you, we have a great chance.

Good luck!!
My observation on how good the chances were is that the Donny ones (and there were more) were more first time efforts with a crowd of defenders to elude, whereas we had a couple of chances on the break with time to think about them where we can be excused thinking we could have done better.

I'm delighted with the three points and feel no guilt whatsoever about them; here's to an enthralling Championship run-in that we can all enjoy now that the stress of ensuring promotion is all but over.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Doncastervisitor":2w1kb2rh said:
davie nine":2w1kb2rh said:

Their chances were stopped by excellent defending. McCormick (2), Threlkeld, Songo'o. That's not luck.

No, you didn't. Our keeper didn't have a save to make apart from the bullet header that he could only have saved if it went straight at him.

Your keeper made 3 outstanding saves, and there were at least two sliding blocks.

Doncaster had by far the better chances, and overall the better performance. BUT Plymouth had the goal and therefore the result.

I have no sour grapes nor complaints. Marquis' header for example, another 12 inches or so and McCormick doesn't get it. We didn't score, primarily due to your great defending - but you did, with a powerful header. On another day with the identical performance and chances we win 2-1 or 3-1.

But football doesn't work like that every match. If I was an Argyle fan I would be delighted with the way you kept us out and the chance you took, and the 3 points keeping the title race alive, as well as bringing promotion closer.

Both our clubs will go up I am fairly certain now, so in reality it is a straight race for the title. If we play other teams as well as we did against you, we have a great chance.

Good luck!!

OK, DV. On reflection, that was a 'green tint' opinion on my part and your reply is fair comment.

Hopefully, we can have a similar discussion from League 1 in 2017/18 season.

All the best!!

D

Doncastervisitor

Thanks folks.. Goals win matches, regardless of anything else.

At least the result on Sunday was all about the football performances, good defending etc and not reliant on dodgy refereeing decisions, and no controversy.

Onwards and upwards, eh??

Doncastervisitor":2g0go0x5 said:

At least the result on Sunday was all about the football performances, good defending etc and not reliant on dodgy refereeing decisions, and no controversy.

You Sir are a gentleman and a scholar! Shame there is not more of your ilk on these sites. By the way, I do not claim to be one.

:scarf: :scarf:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Doncastervisitor":1zolw0r9 said:

Agreed..........

We should have had a penalty though. :coat:

Aug 2, 2011
Ferguson junior has most of the attributes of his father: any game lost is someone else's fault i.e. The referee, a linesman, the fourth official, the pitch anything other than his team or indeed himself.

However I doubt he has the ability to suceed to his fathers undoubted ability to build and manage a top team.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Cobi Budge":24gi63jy said:
Derek Adams has this remarkable ability to rustle any manager he wants to. And I love it.

Whilst I agree that DA is exactly the kind of manager we need to have some success on the field at last, we should be aware that we are being judged as we judge Gareth Ainsworth and his teams and Steve Evans and his teams.

I do love that we have a manager that has brought a professionalism to the club it shouldn't necessarily be to the detriment of our reputation as a sporting club.

Sep 6, 2006
Ade the green":2gh4apl1 said:
Cobi Budge":2gh4apl1 said:
Derek Adams has this remarkable ability to rustle any manager he wants to. And I love it.

Whilst I agree that DA is exactly the kind of manager we need to have some success on the field at last, we should be aware that we are being judged as we judge Gareth Ainsworth and his teams and Steve Evans and his teams.

I do love that we have a manager that has brought a professionalism to the club it shouldn't necessarily be to the detriment of our reputation as a sporting club.

I agree. I don't see what's to be gained in 'rustling' managers. Seems childish.

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":3r6979dt said:
Doncastervisitor":3r6979dt said:
davie nine":3r6979dt said:

Good luck!!

OK, DV. On reflection, that was a 'green tint' opinion on my part and your reply is fair comment.

Hopefully, we can have a similar discussion from League 1 in 2017/18 season.

All the best!!

'On another day' he says. Like early December perhaps at Home Park. So Luke made two excellent saves. He IS part of the team. Its not down to luck.