Mr Ferguson is a little bitter | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mr Ferguson is a little bitter

Dec 4, 2012
Welwyn Pilgrim":3nmn84t6 said:
Ainsworth
Evans
Ferguson

In no particular order but all have something in common.......in two words or less

No class

Ainsworth has been quite complimentary about Argyle of late.

Gam

Oct 1, 2016
Welwyn Pilgrim":1t71duhs said:
Ainsworth
Evans
Ferguson

In no particular order but all have something in common.......in two words or less

No class

and beaten by the greens :funny:

Mar 14, 2009
I cant see too much wrong with what he said apart from he never mention McCormick or Bradley or both. They were outstanding. McCormick is there to make saves and Bradley to make blocks! There was a little fortune in the way their players gave us a chance to make those saves or blocks.

We were fortunate in the first half. Only one team was in it. Doncaster created two brilliant chances at the end of that half and I we can say a massive thankyou to the reactions of McCormick and the awareness of Bradley for making that block on the line.

In the first half Threkeld was getting skinned at times with ease. Spencer was isolated and the team sat back and we just couldn't get out of our own half. The passing was again pretty poor to say the least. So you can understand where Ferguson is coming from. It looked like our game plan was to hold out until half time.

However, the second half was slightly better. They weren't as effective. One of the "great" chances they had came after Bradley headed it against Sokolik and it fell nicely to the Doncaster player. Otherwise, we dealt better. We had a couple of good situations ourselves after the goal.

Yet to be honest we were lucky. There is no other way to describe it. The ball broke for us at times and we got away with it. However, although personally I don't like our style of football it is effective and I think Ferguson could of been at least magnanimous in defeat and give credit to at least the effort of some of our players. Yet lets me honest how many times has Adams said we totally dominated a game, should have won with a healthy margin and we have been beaten and outplayed. Managers wont give anything away!

May 16, 2016
Doncaster were the better team at our place - but lost.

Doncaster were the better team at their place - but lost.

Perhaps less concentration on being good and more on winning against us might have helped. We're all in L2 for a reason.

Jun 11, 2012
Keepitgreen":h6bdzfej said:
Wilf Carters Boots":h6bdzfej said:
HarlHM":h6bdzfej said:
Nothing he said was incorrect. Good luck to them; they're a good footballing side.

Disagree with you Harl. He said we were more lucky than good. That is incorrect. We are good and away from home we are very very good! You don't win 12 away matches in a season relying on luck. You HAVE to be good to do that. When you win on another team's turf where they haven't lost all season and what's more you do the double over the team at the top of the league you aren't lucky....you're good. Doncaster are a good footballing side and I wish them well but we are good and Darren Ferguson was incorrect...okay?
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Clap something better than that. :lol:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I really don't accept that we were lucky.
How many open goals did they miss? None.
Our defenders are there to defend and that is exactly what they did. Doncaster have scored 11 more goals than the next highest scoring team in this league but their strikers didn't miss any open goals because Luke and his colleagues were in position to block them.
I have only seen 2 away league games this season (Stevenage and Yeovil) but, from reports that I have read on other games, we have often conceded possession but frequently managed to win games.
Why should we change a strategy that, more often than not, has carried us over the line?

Like most supporters, I would like to see us develop a more attacking strategy at home and make Home Park a fortress but, in the meantime, even the glass half empty merchants must be wondering if their glass is starting to fill up. I have to admit, though, that my own glass was looking a bit dodgy after the Blackpool game.

Jan 3, 2013
As George graham said in the 1980s......they call us lucky Arsenal, funny that, the harder we work, the luckier we are.

Jul 3, 2013
When it comes to luck I would day they were extremely lucky the ref didnt give our stone wall Penalty and lucky let alone blatant cheating with their dive. There is nothing lucky about goalkeepers saving the ball and defenders making blocks, its their job.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
jerryatricjanner":yt07akqr said:
Some truth in what he says but it comes across as very ungracious.

Precisely, they had enough chances to win the comfortably, but if you don't put them away .........

MikeD

๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
โœ… Evergreen
Oct 20, 2003
Calgary, Canada
The facts are that, over 180 minutes, they have not managed to score against us and have conceded 3. Nothing lucky about that IMHO. What we saw from DF after tha match wasn't really bitterness that the better team lost, but hurt pride that the better coach won. I salute you Derek!

May 16, 2016
Like DA said. "They weren't good enough to break us down" .

Luck may play a part in any game at any time for any team, but after so long into the season it really is about being better at stopping the other team from scoring than they are at attacking. Some of our horror shows at home have proved that.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Guiri Green":3q1xaeoj said:
Like DA said. "They weren't good enough to break us down" .

Luck may play a part in any game at any time for any team, but after so long into the season it really is about being better at stopping the other team from scoring than they are at attacking. Some of our horror shows at home have proved that.

I'm not being funny, I do think Adams is a good manager and that, but that's laughable - they broke us down several times and Luke having a blinder (along with some heroic last-ditch defending) is how we got the win. I don't think that's luck, I think we've just got a very good goalkeeper who was doing what he's there to do.