Mr Ferguson is a little bitter | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mr Ferguson is a little bitter

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
HarlHM":5zblde4w said:
Nothing he said was incorrect. Good luck to them; they're a good footballing side.

Disagree with you Harl. He said we were more lucky than good. That is incorrect. We are good and away from home we are very very good! You don't win 12 away matches in a season relying on luck. You HAVE to be good to do that. When you win on another team's turf where they haven't lost all season and what's more you do the double over the team at the top of the league you aren't lucky....you're good. Doncaster are a good footballing side and I wish them well but we are good and Darren Ferguson was incorrect...okay?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I have said it before, watch my lips, "it`s not the chances you make but the chances you take". :greensmile:

Nov 4, 2012
Yep we're lucky to have an outstanding defence and keeper. According to opposition managers we've had about 21 other lucky wins this season. Bloody lucky that we're not in the bottom 2 we are. Thanks for the 6 points now we're coming for the title that frankly, with Donny's squad, should be theirs by a mile.

Dec 4, 2012
Knibbsworth":2a1lwn7b said:
Turnchapel Only":2a1lwn7b said:
Chances count for nothing, it's goals that count. Argyle got one and Donny got none.

Thanks for the lesson Einstein. The point is Ferguson's game plan opened us up a lot more than ours did theirs. It was a classic backs-to-the-walls away performance and we nicked it with a set piece. We got the win owing to some superb form from Super Luke. I don't think it's sour grapes from Fergie Jr to feel like they deserved more out of the game, but that's football. Ainsworth certainly had respect for our game plan.[/quote

OK, how many goals did Argyle score and how many goals did Donny Score? It doesn't matter a jot what you think you deserve. Ainsworth was very complimentary and I have acknowledged this elsewhere on this board. The Einstein reference is below you.

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
Turnchapel Only":3aritz2y said:
Knibbsworth":3aritz2y said:
Turnchapel Only":3aritz2y said:
Chances count for nothing, it's goals that count. Argyle got one and Donny got none.

Thanks for the lesson Einstein. The point is Ferguson's game plan opened us up a lot more than ours did theirs. It was a classic backs-to-the-walls away performance and we nicked it with a set piece. We got the win owing to some superb form from Super Luke. I don't think it's sour grapes from Fergie Jr to feel like they deserved more out of the game, but that's football. Ainsworth certainly had respect for our game plan.[/quote

OK, how many goals did Argyle score and how many goals did Donny Score? It doesn't matter a jot what you think you deserve. Ainsworth was very complimentary and I have acknowledged this elsewhere on this board. The Einstein reference is below you.

Its all relative

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
If the situation were reversed and Donny had won 1-0 at ours with one shot on target, Ferguson would be saying that their game plan worked to perfection too. Fickle sour grapes is all it is.

Dec 4, 2012
Tom Cobbley":zgm4rfsm said:
Turnchapel Only":zgm4rfsm said:
Knibbsworth":zgm4rfsm said:
Turnchapel Only":zgm4rfsm said:

Its all relative[/quot

Quite amusing.

Turnchapel Only":vfjirb20 said:
Tom Cobbley":vfjirb20 said:
Knibbsworth":vfjirb20 said:

Its all relative[/quot

Quite amusing.

In Yorkshire it would be 'eeee equals MC squared'.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Wilf Carters Boots":ojhft52c said:
HarlHM":ojhft52c said:
Nothing he said was incorrect. Good luck to them; they're a good footballing side.

Disagree with you Harl. He said we were more lucky than good. That is incorrect. We are good and away from home we are very very good! You don't win 12 away matches in a season relying on luck. You HAVE to be good to do that. When you win on another team's turf where they haven't lost all season and what's more you do the double over the team at the top of the league you aren't lucky....you're good. Doncaster are a good footballing side and I wish them well but we are good and Darren Ferguson was incorrect...okay?
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
If their strikers were better quality they may have taken some of their chances. We had the quality of players to create and take our chance. It's not all about tactics or about luck. I didn't see any of their players put in as good a corner as Carey's or attack a header as well as Bradley did. I guess you could also argue if their keeper was as good as McCormick he may have saved it!

We played to our strengths, defended well and took our chance. 3 points to the Argyle!

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Just took a look at the Pompey fans forum and they reckon we are more of a lucky than footballing side - score a goal then park the bus with dire entertainment value. Go figure. BTW, anyone else think 7400 is a shockingly poor turnout for a top-of-the-table game?

Oct 14, 2015
Ainsworth
Evans
Ferguson

In no particular order but all have something in common.......in two words or less

No class