Mr Ferguson is a little bitter | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mr Ferguson is a little bitter

A

andyr1963

Guiri Green":1ib8dvm5 said:
Doncaster were the better team at our place - but lost.

Doncaster were the better team at their place - but lost.

Perhaps less concentration on being good and more on winning against us might have helped. We're all in L2 for a reason.

Doncaster may have played the better "quality" football but in both cases we were the better "team".

Fair assessment from Ferguson, think Argyle have "done him" twice this season. :scarf:

Oct 24, 2010
Ferguson, if ungracious, is right I don't think the game plan worked that well yesterday in that we gave up a number of very good chances and offered very little on the break. We mugged Doncaster but who cares, the result is everything at this point.

May 16, 2016
Andy Holland":gzft2nn8 said:
Guiri Green":gzft2nn8 said:
Like DA said. "They weren't good enough to break us down" .

Luck may play a part in any game at any time for any team, but after so long into the season it really is about being better at stopping the other team from scoring than they are at attacking. Some of our horror shows at home have proved that.

I'm not being funny, I do think Adams is a good manager and that, but that's laughable - they broke us down several times and Luke having a blinder (along with some heroic last-ditch defending) is how we got the win. I don't think that's luck, I think we've just got a very good goalkeeper who was doing what he's there to do.

Which is basically what I said.

Jan 6, 2004
Ferguson should be less complacent. He was guilty of arrogance in not changing their game plan against us. We relish footballing teams going hell for leather against us - these are the games we win. If his team had paid us a bit more respect and sat back themselves, as many teams have done recently at HP (to our cost) the result might have been different. It is not a mistake Adams would have made.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I think that it would be interesting for someone to put together (I haven't got the expertise) the post match interviews of all 12 managers who have suffered defeat at our hands in their home matches this season.

I suspect that there will be a common theme in most of them.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Green_Flash":2qo14l49 said:
Ferguson should be less complacent. He was guilty of arrogance in not changing their game plan against us. We relish footballing teams going hell for leather against us - these are the games we win. If his team had paid us a bit more respect and sat back themselves, as many teams have done recently at HP (to our cost) the result might have been different. It is not a mistake Adams would have made.
Why would he have changed it? They were creating goal scoring opportunities, some of which were very clear. Some excellent last ditch blocks and saves kept us in the match. Nothing to do with arrogance and respect from the opposition.

Jan 27, 2012
Lets be honest, Ferguson was right- Argyle were lucky to get away with 3 points.

Its been like that all season really. But I'm not complaining.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
We had better clear chances. Carey and Jervis in second half.

Their chances were stopped by excellent defending. McCormick (2), Threlkeld, Songo'o. That's not luck.

Jan 6, 2004
gaspargomez":140z563q said:
Lets be honest, Ferguson was right- Argyle were lucky to get away with 3 points.

Its been like that all season really. But I'm not complaining.

Doesn't that suggest to you that it is not in fact luck?

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
davie nine":1hdn13y0 said:

Their chances were stopped by excellent defending. McCormick (2), Threlkeld, Songo'o. That's not luck.

To be fair, I'd say Marquis header and the clearance off the line both towards the end of the first half were better chances than Carey and Jervis. A cracking win however, the greens are going up.

D

Doncastervisitor

davie nine":2av097t9 said:

No, you didn't. Our keeper didn't have a save to make apart from the bullet header that he could only have saved if it went straight at him.

Your keeper made 3 outstanding saves, and there were at least two sliding blocks.

Doncaster had by far the better chances, and overall the better performance. BUT Plymouth had the goal and therefore the result.

I have no sour grapes nor complaints. Marquis' header for example, another 12 inches or so and McCormick doesn't get it. We didn't score, primarily due to your great defending - but you did, with a powerful header. On another day with the identical performance and chances we win 2-1 or 3-1.

But football doesn't work like that every match. If I was an Argyle fan I would be delighted with the way you kept us out and the chance you took, and the 3 points keeping the title race alive, as well as bringing promotion closer.

Both our clubs will go up I am fairly certain now, so in reality it is a straight race for the title. If we play other teams as well as we did against you, we have a great chance.

Good luck!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Good luck to you as well pal, you deserve to go up like we do, we've dominated the league table for most of the season.

Mar 8, 2016
Doncastervisitor":muc0r7pe said:
davie nine":muc0r7pe said:

No, you didn't. Our keeper didn't have a save to make apart from the bullet header that he could only have saved if it went straight at him.

Your keeper made 3 outstanding saves, and there were at least two sliding blocks.

Doncaster had by far the better chances, and overall the better performance. BUT Plymouth had the goal and therefore the result.

I have no sour grapes nor complaints. Marquis' header for example, another 12 inches or so and McCormick doesn't get it. We didn't score, primarily due to your great defending - but you did, with a powerful header. On another day with the identical performance and chances we win 2-1 or 3-1.

But football doesn't work like that every match. If I was an Argyle fan I would be delighted with the way you kept us out and the chance you took, and the 3 points keeping the title race alive, as well as bringing promotion closer.

Both our clubs will go up I am fairly certain now, so in reality it is a straight race for the title. If we play other teams as well as we did against you, we have a great chance.

Good luck!!

Yeah that's how I saw it to be fair. We are both going up, argyle as champions though.