Kits next season | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Kits next season

Jul 29, 2010
I'd say white too...

....or green if white I being used at home...

...or black if green and white are being used at home.

But actually, its not an away shirt anyway, its a change kit. We don't need to use it every away game, so LP is right, green covers all bases :thumbs:

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
IJN":yg6mn854 said:
If you were asked what was our 'away' colour, what would you say? Not just X'y but an open question.

I'd say 'white'.

Er, yellow with a bit of green trim. Remember it as a kid and I thought we looked classy in it.

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Visibility matters. Visibility means on field presence, looks assertive.
A predominantly white kit would be acceptable to me, but my preferences would be

hibs style kit or
celtic style kit ( very visible ) or
emerald green with white shorts and sock.
No dark green. No vertical stripes.

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
ghost of hughie reed":1yd28bjb said:
Visibility matters. Visibility means on field presence, looks assertive.
A predominantly white kit would be acceptable to me, but my preferences would be

hibs style kit or
celtic style kit ( very visible ) or
emerald green with white shorts and sock.
No dark green. No stripes.

For the home kit predominately white, maybe along the lines of this seasons away kit or Argyle 75 to about 78 home kit, which was white with green/black trim. :scarf: :huddle:

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
X Isle":2aa58p5r said:
Visibility is not a reason, can we stop perpetuating the myth please.

How is it not? I've been to evening games this season and literally lost a player because of the kit.

Jul 29, 2010
Liam Vercoe":3htfsz6x said:
X Isle":3htfsz6x said:
Visibility is not a reason, can we stop perpetuating the myth please.

How is it not? I've been to evening games this season and literally lost a player because of the kit.
Done to death around the embarrassing Blackpool game. If our players can't pick each others runs up then neither can the opposition to mark them. What we lose in one respect, we gain in the other. It's a neutral situation, kit makes no difference.

Now if spectators can't see them, that says more about their eyesight than any advantage on the pitch. A lot of our crowd are getting on so if they want to use that as reason fair enough, but don't kid us it'll help the team Derek, it can't.

Melbourne Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jul 12, 2005
^^^Throughout the late 70s, 80s and some of the 90s, Argyle regularly played in yellow as an away kit. Although, for most games, they managed to play in green. The Bukta/Sunday Independent green was the best one IMO.

Is it too cost prohibitive to produce our own kit, which then stays pretty much the same every year, except for a bit of detailing here and there?

Jul 29, 2010
GreenArmy1984":1pak6ql0 said:
The Away Shirt Colours so far :

White
Yellow
Champagne
Green
Navy Blue
Tangerine
Black
Light Blue
Royal Lilac
Burgundy
If you slam a door shut on your 'Johnson' once, you'd think you'd learn not to repeat the error over and over again :oops:

Argyle's colours are green, black and white. End of.