Hourihane to Villa (confirmed) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hourihane to Villa (confirmed)

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Thank you for confirming my grey matter wasn't playing tricks.

I only ever copied and pasted one of my favourite pasoti quotes - its more than a decade old now and was written by somebody who was held in very high regard "Its obvious to see that the whole team with be built around Osvaldo Lopes - anyone who saw him pre-season will confirm he is our stand-out player" - it reminds me never to take too seriously anyone's opinion.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
davie nine":3usgbqe0 said:
These screenshots will probably be deleted by Mods. If so, I apologise but, considering the suggestion that criticism of Hourihane was rare, I thought I would have a look. I won't embarrass anyone by quoting names, except to say that GreenSam's was very positive and I'm sure there were others.

hourihane 0 this lad is not up to league standard unfortunately

Hourihane has dreadful, every pass he made was backwards so negative

And there is no positional excuse to be made for the shamefully negative and cowardly performance he turned in tonight

Overwhelmingly negative and cowardly player. Gets the ball and his first thought it to turn around to see who's behind him to pass to

An awful player who managed to pull the wool for a few people with his 5 yard sideways backwards passes - If only Wotton had the legs to play more games

If he's a suitable captain then I'm the next pope

Hourihane will play at a higher level than the one we're at now. And before I get posts laughing their heads off at that prediction then just take a screenshot of it or bookmark the page and get back to me because I'd be shocked if it isn't the case.

Such a great game eh, virtually every time he touched the ball it went straight to the other side .He is utterly clueless and needs to be dropped for the rest of the season.

I am sure that someone can find some of my posts that would embarrass me.
Thank you for researching these. Makes good reading now the lad has established himself as one of the most sought after players in the second tier of the EFL. Certain horrible posts stick in the mind. I hate it when the word "coward" or "cowardly" is used about a player so I recalled those two. I also recall laughing out loud when someone posted about Hourihaine's passing "If only Wotton had the legs to play more games." I would not deny that PW's efforts at the back during Sturrock's promotion teams were brilliant. But I always felt his distribution and passing were crucial weaknesses that were shown up even more in midfield. But, we all see it differently.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I actually asked John Sheridan at a fans forum whether he was frustrated hearing the crowd boo when CH passed the ball sideways or back to retain possession. Those boos and negative comments on here were very real.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
From BBC Gossip.....

Villa are close to completing a £6m double deal for Barnsley's 25-year-old midfielder Conor Hourihane and 19-year-old full-back James Bree. (Daily Star)

Wonder how they will split the £6m between the two players. Maybe that's how we get screwed over.....

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
All reports now suggest this is anywhere between £2.5 - £3m for Hourihane with deal due to complete today.

10% £300k
15% £450k
20% £600k

May be have to take off original fee? who knows. Payments may be staggered.

What ever it is it will be substantial unbudgeted income.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Sure I read somewhere 20% but if IJN reckons 10%, I'm going with that. Fingers crossed it goes through.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Stuart House":10b33yat said:
All reports now suggest this is anywhere between £2.5 - £3m for Hourihane with deal due to complete today.

10% £300k
15% £450k
20% £600k

May be have to take off original fee? who knows. Payments may be staggered.

What ever it is it will be substantial unbudgeted income.

Inclusive or exclusive of VAT? HMRC could love Argyle's return after the Liverpool games and a possible transfer windfall,

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Neilio":3d7bqgfw said:
I've read £3m each, but you're right, the scope is there for slightly underhand tactics if they so wished.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... james-bree

That is a genuine worry.... What's stopping them saying they've paid £6m for Bree with Hourihane thrown in for free? Suits both parties to do it that way.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
FA rules and probably the law I should imagine Biggs. Argyle lawyers will be all over it I'm sure.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
monkeywrench":g3fcabkc said:
FA rules and probably the law I should imagine Biggs. Argyle lawyers will be all over it I'm sure.

Wiki quotes Bree as aged 19 with 46 game appearances.

with Conor H being 25 with 232 game appearances, as well as being a skipper.

I would have thought that Barnsley could find it difficult to equalise their transfer values based on their playing records.

The FA / FL would see through that potential wheeze very swiftly.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":2d59xu8p said:
monkeywrench":2d59xu8p said:

Wiki quotes Bree as aged 19 with 46 game appearances.

with Conor H being 25 with 232 game appearances, as well as being a skipper.

I would have thought that Barnsley could find it difficult to equalise their transfer values based on their playing records.

The FA / FL would see through that potential wheeze very swiftly.

Length of contract remaining at Barnsley will be a major factor here. CH has six months. How about the young lad?

Sep 23, 2005
monkeywrench":3u76x751 said:
I actually asked John Sheridan at a fans forum whether he was frustrated hearing the crowd boo when CH passed the ball sideways or back to retain possession. Those boos and negative comments on here were very real.
They were very real in the seats immediately behind us in the Lyndhurst. Every blinking game and it used to drive us nuts. CH was very aware of it and it was very unfair.