Hourihane to Villa (confirmed) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hourihane to Villa (confirmed)

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Lundan Cabbie":177scox5 said:
Quintrell_Green":177scox5 said:
monkeywrench":177scox5 said:
FA rules and probably the law I should imagine Biggs. Argyle lawyers will be all over it I'm sure.

Wiki quotes Bree as aged 19 with 46 game appearances.

with Conor H being 25 with 232 game appearances, as well as being a skipper.

I would have thought that Barnsley could find it difficult to equalise their transfer values based on their playing records.

The FA / FL would see through that potential wheeze very swiftly.

Length of contract remaining at Barnsley will be a major factor here. CH has six months. How about the young lad?
Six months.

Apr 30, 2011
davie nine":19rgnw9x said:
Can't use that to boost Bree's transfer value, then.

They could as Bree would still command a fee even out of contract due to being aged under 24 years of age (same as Nelsons transfer to Oxford). Still, Connor's goalscoring, number of appearances, current wage and his international recognition should put more weight on his side of the transfer should their be any suspicion of fraud committed by Barnsley.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Penmaster":3d7ewqcv said:
davie nine":3d7ewqcv said:
Can't use that to boost Bree's transfer value, then.

They could as Bree would still command a fee even out of contract due to being aged under 24 years of age (same as Nelsons transfer to Oxford). Still, Connor's goalscoring, number of appearances, current wage and his international recognition should put more weight on his side of the transfer should their be any suspicion of fraud committed by Barnsley.
Bree's been attracting interest from top Premier League sides for years. I think they could argue the fact Bree has had the big clubs watching him most of the season means he's seriously talented and worth a lot of money. Hourihane they could sell on the cheap so that they actually get some money for him.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Wouldn't have thought Rangers could compete financially with Villa. Dr Xia seemed to indicate Hourihane deal is 98% done too, so I expect they'll announce him (and Bree) tomorrow.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Villa have just signed a Icelandic international midfielder.

Already in the pipeline or maybe a replacement?

Jul 6, 2005
Aston Villa have announced the signing of James Bree from Barnsley for "a substantial fee".

Barnsley sold their top scorer - Sam Winnall - to Sheffield Wednesday nearly 2 weeks ago, yet the Hourihane transfer saga is still dragging on, apparently because of changes in the Boardroom according to The Herald.

If they can sell the other 2, why can't they sell Hourihane? Are they trying to see us off with the sell-on clause?

As they are both going to Villa, will Barnsley link the transfer fee for Bree to Hourihane's so that Bree is over valued and Hourihane under valued in order to reduce the sell-on amount?

Perhaps there is someone else in for Hourihane.

B

bizzay1

There's an 8 page thread in the old boys section discussing all these matters

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Surely as we stand to get an alleged 20% of the transfer fee, it can be argued the topic is Argyle related and of interest to fans as the transfer window comes to an end?

Jul 6, 2005
bizzay1":3skjsii3 said:
There's an 8 page thread in the old boys section discussing all these matters
It's not really about an ex-player.

We are potentially looking at yet another large amount of unbudgeted income and the real issue is how much we will get from Barnsley and what might we spend it on

Unfortunately, that point has been overlooked.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
At the minute he's a Barnsley player. It's all speculation. I note your Point Dave and it was discussed earlier on this thread I think (or maybe the other CH thread).