Hourihane to Villa (confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hourihane to Villa (confirmed)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Not that he has a say over who makes an offer, but if I was Conor I'd want to be clever here and Villa or Wednesday seem good options, so many high performing championship players move up to a PL club, only to bench warm before eventually being sent back to a Championship club, by going to somewhere like Villa or Wednesday (Championship now, but both could be PL soon) he's going for the middle ground. Good move for him (and us) if it happens.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Its now i wish i copied and pasted some of the drivel that was written about him back then.

Him and Lansbury would make Villa into a decent side.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Am I right in thinking that add ons such as we have with Connor have to be paid in full all in one hit and not instalments regardless of the agreement between buying and selling clubs?

Also, not sure how it can be an add on over and above the original fee as if he went for less wouldn't we owe Barnsley money?

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Argyle will get their share (20%) of any upfront fee paid by the purchasing club. I believe after that, we will be due add-ons as and when they are received by Barnsley.

So assume he goes for £1m, we get 20% of the £800k profit (assumed we had a profit based clause and not a selling price clause) i.e.£160k. After 50 games, Barnsley are due an additional £250k at which point we would be due 20% of that i.e.£50k.

If he goes for a loss I think we are safe from subsidising Barnsley!

Dec 20, 2011
It appears that Connor Hourihane is joining Aston Villa from Barnsley.

Could this mean another substantial cheque for Argyle?

No fee yet announced. :thumbs:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Thread in Argyle old boys

Aug 5, 2016
Voice_of_Reason":26z7duty said:
Its now i wish i copied and pasted some of the drivel that was written about him back then.

Him and Lansbury would make Villa into a decent side.

The vast majority rated Conor Hourihane, and I don't think a single fan ever wanted him dropped from the team.

A small minority thought he was negative in his passing selection, but most recognised that was due to Carl Fletcher's ball retention tactics. CH was clearly under instructions to look after the ball.

Hourihane flourished under John Sheridan and became a more complete box-to-box midfielder. Many fans were very angry and disappointed in Brent for accepting £200,000, which was a low winning bid for our STAR player.

At no stage was Hourihane ever thought of as crap or useless when he was at Argyle - that just wasn't the case.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Remember when Fletch said he wanted to build the team around him and some people on here mocked him for that? Delighted for Connor on his form and possible move (also delighted it gets the club some money)! Am I right in thinking his last game for us was the 3-3 draw at Fratton Park where he scored the (very late) equaliser?

Edit: I also noted that his free kick vs Leeds was taken in the same sort of set-up he used to use when he played for us; knock it to a teammate two strides away then strike it from where it stops. That's clearly his preference.