Guess who's back? (Saturday's ref) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Guess who's back? (Saturday's ref)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Come on Paul, you're not dim.

This man lied to cover his inadequacy as a match official.

There must be a ruling on sending off someone for attacking a ball boy, he got it wrong (possibly told so by a lino on he way off the pitch) and then lied so as to cover his arse.

Again I ask you referee types, why on Earth do you lot persist in sticking up for idiots that do you all a disservice?

Sep 25, 2010
IJN":18e1hvt8 said:

There must be a ruling on sending off someone for attacking a ball boy, he got it wrong (possibly told so by a lino on he way off the pitch) and then lied so as to cover his arse.

Again I ask you referee types, why on Earth do you lot persist in sticking up for idiots that do you all a disservice?

Blimey, did a referee upset you in the past, as you have a downer on them.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
As a former cricket umpire, I have some sympathy with football referees. It was difficult enough making decisions from the bowler's end or square leg/point but referees are constantly on the move and have to view incidents from different angles and there is a lot more to keep an eye on.

I was as frustrated as most supporters at the Orient home match but I am not convinced that Sarginson was lying. However, he certainly had a 'bad day at the office'.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":v7gqdg39 said:
So what did he point and whistle at then Davie?
And not forgetting he walked towards them.

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
I come from three generations in my family of qualified refs (me included) and I'm with IJN on this totally. Why should I stand up for all refs. Some are good/bad/OK or incompetent/deceitful/dishonest just like any profession

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":1r18zay6 said:

Yes, the Orient man should be sent off. That IS the law. However, the referee didn't send him off which is consistent with him not seeing it. If he had seen it he would have sent him off. Every referee (including this one) is fully aware that violent conduct against anyone is a straight red.

Maybe he thought he saw the player grab the ball and the ball boy fall over. That wouldn't be a red card offence but who knows what he thought he saw. Only he does. If ten people were looking at that incident, not all ten would SEE it exactly the same. That's the same in any walk of life.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Are you sponsored by Specsavers too Cabbie?

The camera from behind the goal shows the incident perfectly well - no one who sees that footage could defend him. He sees it, it's not even debatable he chooses not to act - which is poor but mistakes happen. Compounding it by trying to say he didn't see it was a total cop out.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Voice_of_Reason":22dh36m0 said:
Are you sponsored by Specsavers too Cabbie?

The camera from behind the goal shows the incident perfectly well - no one who sees that footage could defend him. He sees it, it's not even debatable he chooses not to act - which is poor but mistakes happen. Compounding it by trying to say he didn't see it was a total cop out.

That is still only your opinion rather than undisputable fact. Only he knows for definite.

Leo's Grandad

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
I'll miss the game this weekend but hopefully the ref will get a very warm Janner welcome when he warms up.