Guess who's back? (Saturday's ref) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Guess who's back? (Saturday's ref)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I think people are still confusing what the referee was looking at and what he saw. They are not always the same thing.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If nothing else, you and Martyn both endorse my view that the referee club is something that I would not want to belong to.

Talk about sloping shoulders........

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":1cllxh08 said:
If nothing else, you and Martyn both endorse my view that the referee club is something that I would not want to belong to.

Talk about sloping shoulders........

I'll get the papers to make you an honorary member :greensmile:

Sep 25, 2010
Welwyn Pilgrim":1hnj5gv2 said:
It works both ways. Who remembers this ref also saying he didn't see the incident so didn't send Jamille Matt off which if he had would've excluded him from the second play off semi final leg last year......can't have it both ways.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jamil ... 1jGGA6YDEM:

Exactly,
as you have some on here with only green tinted glasses. Who think a good ref, is one who officiated when Argyle win, and a bad one is when Argyle lose.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
So in my book that's another bad ref then.

Proves my point, the league's full of them. :greensmile:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Martyn":2acft5q3 said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":2acft5q3 said:
It works both ways. Who remembers this ref also saying he didn't see the incident so didn't send Jamille Matt off which if he had would've excluded him from the second play off semi final leg last year......can't have it both ways.

Exactly,
as you have some on here with only green tinted glasses. Who think a good ref, is one who officiated when Argyle win, and a bad one is when Argyle lose.

Once again, that's not true. In the Pasoti polls for last season Argyle fans were very fair and voted accordingly despite losing games. The referee for the Grimsby game had the majority of fans giving him 9/10 despite us losing 3-0. We also had poor results at home against Blackpool and Notts County but the referee's were marked 8/10 and 7/10.
Similarly, we won the last home game of the season and yet the fans marked the ref at 3/10 and in the win against Cheltenham the ref only received 4/10.

Argyle fans call it as they see it, win, lose or draw.

Lee Collins, Luton - 4/10. Lost.
Brendan Malone, Mansfield - 7/10. Won.
Nick Kinseley, Cheltenham - 4/10. Won.
Lee Probert, Cambridge - 9/10. Won.
Gavin Ward, Hartlepool - 5/10. Drawn.
Seb Stockbridge, Yeovil - 5/10. Won.
Darren Handley, Portsmouth - 5/10. Drawn.
Kevin Johnson & Simon Knapp, Colchester - 6/10. Won.
Rob Jones, Grimsby - 9/10. Lost.
Brett Huxtable, Barnet - 1/10. Lost.
John Brooks, Newport FA Cup - 8/10. Drawn.
Oliver Langford, Doncaster - 8/10. Won.
Graham Salisbury, Wycombe - 7/10. Drawn.
Brendan Malone, Crawley - 8/10. Won.
John Busby, Stevenage - 8/10. Won.
Graham Scott, Liverpool - 8/10. Lost.
Simon Hooper, Exeter - 8/10. Won
Chris Sarginson, Leyton Orient - 1/10. Lost.
Gavin Ward, Notts County - 7/10. Lost.
Mark Heywood, Carlisle - 8/10. Won.
John Busby, Blackpool - 8/10. Lost.
Dean Whitestone, Morecambe - 6/10. Won.
Darren Deadman, Accrington - 3/10. Lost.
Graham Horwood, Newport - 8/10. Won.
Trevor Kettle, Crewe - 3/10. Won.

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
I agree that his performance was abysmal but I can't see that giving him hostile welcome is likely to achieve anything constructive. It's not going to persuade him to do us any favours, is it? Besides, any referee who was bothered by crowd abuse would long since have given up the game and taken up something which would have made him less unpopular. Traffic warden, perhaps?

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
People entrusted with authority who take the easy option or turn a blind eye are never popular.

To take the option to lie to cover ones own back, rather than say i witnessed an assault on a child and made an error of judgement - makes you beyond weak.

He may well turn out to be an ok referee, who understands football, i've not seen enough games he's taken charge of to make judgement on that, but i saw enough of the incident we are referring to know, he's lied and been gutless. Hardly a ringing endorsement of someone over-seeing fair play.

PL2 3DQ":305am35c said:
Martyn":305am35c said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":305am35c said:

Exactly,

Once again, that's not true. In the Pasoti polls for last season Argyle fans were very fair and voted accordingly despite losing games. The referee for the Grimsby game had the majority of fans giving him 9/10 despite us losing 3-0. We also had poor results at home against Blackpool and Notts County but the referee's were marked 8/10 and 7/10.
Similarly, we won the last home game of the season and yet the fans marked the ref at 3/10 and in the win against Cheltenham the ref only received 4/10.

Looking forward to the arguing against the facts.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No BG, you have to understand, if you keep on repeating it, it becomes fact.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lundan Cabbie":30poi86o said:
I think people are still confusing what the referee was looking at and what he saw. They are not always the same thing.

I looked at a duck last night. It looked very much like a duck, it quacked, then waddled off. I am sure in my own mind that it was a rhinoceros.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
He blew, pointed and walked towards the incident. At the start he was watching where the ball was and indicating the corner.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
As I have said already, just because you are looking at something it doesn't mean you actually see what is happening

Removed by Site Admin - This is not Crystal Palace's site, this one is child friendly.