Guess who's back? (Saturday's ref) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Guess who's back? (Saturday's ref)

Sep 25, 2010
IJN":3v2k7vet said:
Agree with that (the league bit) but this bloke should have been booted out, that's my point.

Not fit for purpose.

Why on earth should he be booted out, okay, he handled the situation wrong, does not make him a bad referee. (Haven't you ever made a mistake).

EFL thinks he is okay, as he got a final last season, (I think), so he must be consistently good.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He clearly lied.

A mistakes fair enough, he missed the Sarcy red card, but to like would say to me that he is 100% untrustworthy, and can't be trusted in any evidential situation.

He should have been booted. Stop protecting the unprotectable.

Sep 25, 2010
Who said he clearly lied , where you at the hearing into the incident, he may not have thought the tackle on Sarcevic, was a red card, it is his call not yours. (That's why ref's are there.). It is all about opinion.

I am not protecting the individual, except for the game is a matter of opinions, in the laws of the game, you have an opinion, he has an opinion, I have an opinion. Don't agree with some of his Decisions, but that is part of the game,
To call him a liar, is very harsh. As he has never talked to you.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Along with Brett Huxtable Pasoti users voted Sarginson as the worst ref at Home Park last season.

I think Argyle fans will give him the benefit of the doubt on Saturday until he makes a mistake. Then look out!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I agree about the Sarcy tackle. I've said further up the thread.

He said, and it was quoted that he did not see the incident that is clearly a lie as the video shows he had.

That really was my only point apart from the fact, what's the point of employing someone who has lied in an evidential interview?

Anyway, won't bore anyone else any more, I think I'm right and I also think that you are sticking up for this person as part of the referees union. Admirable if he warranted it, but sticking up for a lying git is, in my opinion, sad.

Sep 25, 2010
PL2 3DQ":1gsuc6tc said:
Along with Brett Huxtable Pasoti users voted Sarginson as the worst ref at Home Park last season.

I think Argyle fans will give him the benefit of the doubt on Saturday until he makes a mistake. Then look out!

That's my point, who says he makes a mistake. It is about opinions, you may think he gets a tackle wrong, or a penalty wrong, but it is his opinion. Somebody has to make a decision, !!!.

Figures shows that ref,s get 95% of decisions decisions correct during a game, okay some are highlighted more than others. But blimey, I repeat somebody has to make a decision on the spot, quickly, some they get right, some wrong. It makes the game go around.

Get off your green tinty box, because argyle lose, he must be a bad ref, !!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The ref was crap v Charlton in the last home game, lost of us said it and we won.

Take your black suit off Martyn, come and see the real world, not something indoctrinated into you by the FA old farts. :greensmile:

Sep 25, 2010
IJN":33bhpxyy said:
I agree about the Sarcy tackle. I've said further up the thread.

He said, and it was quoted that he did not see the incident that is clearly a lie as the video shows he had.

That really was my only point apart from the fact, what's the point of employing someone who has lied in an evidential interview?

Anyway, won't bore anyone else any more, I think I'm right and I also think that you are sticking up for this person as part of the referees union. Admirable if he warranted it, but sticking up for a lying git is, in my opinion, sad.

Have you ever tried doing the job, if you have you should have more respect for them, they are not perfect, they are assessed all along the way, and as a Referee,s assessor, I can assure you that the bad ones are 'booted out', as you say it , along the way.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Well that idiot wasn't.

I won't say another word, honest ref.

Feb 8, 2005
I can see where Ian is coming from, but it is not proof of lying, on its own it is circumstantial evidence. Insufficient to afford a prosecution, in my opinion.

Jumping to conclusions would be another way to put it.

The EFL are happy to keep him. If they sacked every referee that got something wrong, they wouldn't have any referees left, not up to the required standard, anyway.

I'm sure he will have learned from it.

It's in the past, let's move on.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Dont make i laugh Martyn, anything involving the FA tends to be a farce.

They could have spent some of their vast millions to educate top flight referee's but instead allowed the like of Howard Webb and Clattenburg walk away and take their skills to foreign climbs.

A few years back i visited the Northamptonshire FA to sit on a disciplinary procedure (i'm VC of Northamptonshire Cricket Disciplinary Committee) as a swap to see how both codes run, what an eye opener. It was exactly like the Mike Basset movie, 3 guys with an average of 75 barely able to comprehend what the player and match official was telling them. It was light years behind the way cricket confronts discipline issues.

This guy witnessed an event as TV proved beyond all doubt and he said he didn't see it. Even Arsene Wenger wouldn't have had the bare faced cheek to attempt this get out. He may well be a good referee, if he held his hand up and said, i should have handled this better, the world moves on, but he choose to compound it by lying and the FA backed him - as lying seems to be second nature from the FA from the top.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Martyn":32os0fzq said:
PL2 3DQ":32os0fzq said:

That's my point, who says he makes a mistake. It is about opinions, you may think he gets a tackle wrong, or a penalty wrong, but it is his opinion. Somebody has to make a decision, !!!.

Figures shows that ref,s get 95% of decisions decisions correct during a game, okay some are highlighted more than others. But blimey, I repeat somebody has to make a decision on the spot, quickly, some they get right, some wrong. It makes the game go around.

Get off your green tinty box, because argyle lose, he must be a bad ref, !!

Blimey calm down.
I didn't say when Argyle lose it's because of a bad ref.
The Pasoti Rate the Ref polls over the course of last season had Argyle fans praising refs even after we lost.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Voice_of_Reason":15qc7ggo said:
A few years back i visited the Northamptonshire FA to sit on a disciplinary procedure (i'm VC of Northamptonshire Cricket Disciplinary Committee) as a swap to see how both codes run, what an eye opener. It was exactly like the Mike Basset movie, 3 guys with an average of 75 barely able to comprehend what the player and match official was telling them.

I've seen 4 different County FAs and had exactly the same experience as this.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I did wonder if it was just us!

The case i witnessed was like a comedy scene. A player was appealing a ban (6 weeks i think) having been sent off for violent conduct (a headbutt on opposing player) - the referee came in first, confirmed what he saw, was 100% certain of what he witnessed and the linesman agreed with him. He had refereed for 20 years was well known, well respected and zero reason to doubt anything he had reported. The club/player then came in with a lawyer (to this day no idea if they really were or they just said he was) said their player couldn't have carried out this perceived action, as the player attacked did not require hospital treatment, and as their player was 6'2" and 15st surely if he head-butted someone they would need hospital treatment. I was there as an observer only and couldn't believe what i was hearing, they decided to overturn the referee's original decision on this basis.

Whenever i see stories of FA Cup tickets ending up in the wrong hands i just think back to these guys, the level of incompetence needed seeing first hand to truly believe it and they are supposedly in charge!!