Graham Carey signs new contract! | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey signs new contract!

Tynan One Nil

🎫 ST Donor 🎫
⚽️ Player Sponsor ⚽️
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Another day that confirms we're on our way back. Great news.

Apr 4, 2015
X Isle":100iat76 said:
buck197":100iat76 said:
Knibbsworth you are spot on, awful post and it won't be his last.
It was going to be Bucky old boy, i'd got it all off my chest... but if you (and your ilk) will insist in towel flicking a right to reply out of me, then you've only got yourselves to blame :wink:

I really think you need to re-calibrate your awful-o-meter.

An "awful" post is one that brands our now returned star player as being (quote) reprehensible (unquote) or (quote) unprofessional (unquote), especially on what turned out to be the eve of his signing. For all we know he could've been making his final decision at that very point in time, the Argyle contract in one hand, a Sheffield United one in the other. Brandishing someone as being reprehensible when he's done nothing more than simply maintaining a dignified silence?

THAT my friend is awful.

Preceding that there were umpty thrumpty posts, over weeks and weeks, that just meekly surrendered to him leaving. No fight, no 'come on GC10, think of what you'd be walking away from', just giving in, a casual 'meh' as if he wasn't worth the effort in trying to save. The green army's love for Graham Carey, in my mind, was set in stone, we wanted him to stay. Instead many seemed to just pathetically acquiesce to what THEY considered 'inevitable'.

THAT my friend is an awful attitude.

So forgive me, in my jubilation at his re-signing I could not let the battles that I and many others had fought against these awful posts and awful pi$$ poor attitudes pass, as if nothing ever happened. Everyone is falling over themselves today to welcome our Carey back, and rightly so. But to just sweep away all the silliness and plain old surrender-monkeying that went before his return? Not I.

I said what needed to be said and was content to let it rest there, folk just needed to take a good hard look at themselves and take their medicine because this sort of situation will inevitably occur again one day and they need to perform better. If that upsets anyone then good, because the folk it upsets are most probably the target audience I was looking to reach, and it shows I hit the target. And remember, just because you don't like hearing something, it doesn't make what is said wrong.

We've got Carey,
Graham Carey,
I just don't think you understand,
You shrugged and waved him off :wave:,
"reprehensible" you scoffed :thumbdown:,
But WE'VE STILL GOT GRAHAM CAREY :scarf:

(drops the mike.....)

you can hold your head up high x'y you called it right from the start, great shout.

IJN

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
Nov 29, 2012
Yep he sure did.

I wa certain he'd go, and said so several times.

Unlike some, I'm very, very happy to say I was wrong.

Pettgreen

⚽️ Player Sponsor ⚽️
Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Having spent the entire day pretending to make love to a mannequin ooops I mean doing a first aid course in central London, to come back and read, what can only be described as the happiest PASOTI thread ever, permission to shout "Hooray"?

Hoo "bleddy" ray with knobs on!

Mar 14, 2009
Pettgreen":1cjui2ug said:
Having spent the entire day pretending to make love to a mannequin ooops I mean doing a first aid course in central London, to come back and read, what can only be described as the happiest PASOTI thread ever, permission to shout "Hooray"?

When you said "Permission to shout "Hooray".......This made me laugh.

It sounds like something George (aka Hugh Laurie's character) would say in BlackAdder 4!

justanotherfan

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
X Isle":1b84zovf said:
buck197":1b84zovf said:
It was going to be Bucky old boy, i'd got it all off my chest... but if you (and your ilk) will insist in towel flicking a right to reply out of me, then you've only got yourselves to blame :wink:

An "awful" post is one that brands our now returned star player as being (quote) reprehensible (unquote) or (quote) unprofessional (unquote), especially on what turned out to be the eve of his signing. For all we know he could've been making his final decision at that very point in time, the Argyle contract in one hand, a Sheffield United one in the other. Brandishing someone as being reprehensible when he's done nothing more than simply maintaining a dignified silence?

THAT my friend is awful.

Preceding that there were umpty thrumpty posts, over weeks and weeks, that just meekly surrendered to him leaving. No fight, no 'come on GC10, think of what you'd be walking away from', just giving in, a casual 'meh' as if he wasn't worth the effort in trying to save. The green army's love for Graham Carey, in my mind, was set in stone, we wanted him to stay. Instead many seemed to just pathetically acquiesce to what THEY considered 'inevitable'.

So forgive me, in my jubilation at his re-signing I could not let the battles that I and many others had fought against these awful posts and awful pi$$ poor attitudes pass, as if nothing ever happened. Everyone is falling over themselves today to welcome our Carey back, and rightly so. But to just sweep away all the silliness and plain old surrender-monkeying that went before his return? Not I.

I said what needed to be said and was content to let it rest there, folk just needed to take a good hard look at themselves and take their medicine because this sort of situation will inevitably occur again one day and they need to perform better. If that upsets anyone then good, because the folk it upsets are most probably the target audience I was looking to reach, and it shows I hit the target. And remember, just because you don't like hearing something, it doesn't make what is said wrong.

We've got Carey,
Graham Carey,

(drops the mike.....)

The ego has landed.

Dec 17, 2016
What fantastic news!! Thinking he was going to leave did make me feel a bit more pessimistic about our chances in the coming season....but now, well, I'm feeling substantially optimistic again!! Well done Graham! I'm glad you've made this choice! I think it's the right one, too! How refreshing to have a brilliant player who is also loyal and obviously down to earth!!

And thank you Graham, this will make a whole heap of our fans so so happy!! You are an Argyle legend!!

I don't care if you play like a donkey from now on.....I won't be slagging you off in the least!! :lol:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Pettgreen":gx5scxhh said:

Careful, it's a short step from 'hoo bleddy ray' to 'hey nonny nonny', then I'll have to call the police.

HEY NONNY NONNY, WE'VE GOT CARRREYYYYY!!

(I've been drinking)

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
X Isle":1vbjsqt3 said:
buck197":1vbjsqt3 said:

THAT my friend is awful.

We've got Carey,
Graham Carey,

(drops the mike.....)

With X-Isle on this one. At no point had GC say he wanted to leave, at not point had GC say he wanted to play at a bigger club, at no point had GC said he wanted to play in a higher division, at no point did GC say that wages were his priority, so those that were calling him reprehensible etc are actually the reprehsensible ones themselves. If by chance GC had came on Pasoti and seen some of the stuff being said about him I can guarantee that he wouldn't have signed another contract here. Some people need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
X isle contributed about 85 of the 1046 posts on the 2 month long thread and was consistent throughout so he was entitled to congratulate himself. Well done!!!