Graham Carey signs new contract! | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey signs new contract!

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
davie nine":3t7cpgfe said:
Doyley43":3t7cpgfe said:
davie nine":3t7cpgfe said:
X isle contributed about 85 of the 1046 posts on the 2 month long thread and was consistent throughout so he was entitled to congratulate himself. Well done!!!

Hang on a minute! I didn't make many posts, but I also said the same as X isle - so where's my well done ha ha :funny: :funny:
Only 6 (a comparative novice) but you were optimistic so, well done!!

Ok fair point well made

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Pogleswoody":4ee0y8bx said:
Doyley43":4ee0y8bx said:
davie nine":4ee0y8bx said:
X isle contributed about 85 of the 1046 posts on the 2 month long thread and was consistent throughout so he was entitled to congratulate himself. Well done!!!

Hang on a minute! I didn't make many posts, but I also said the same as X isle - so where's my well done ha ha :funny: :funny:

Hang on two minutes!! On the GC10 'Poll', 528 voted that he would be 'elsewhere' but 509 voted that he would stay at Argyle.

509!! So nobody gets first dibs on 'I was bestest, I was right' in my book.

Who cares?? GC10 signs.

There was a young player called Carey
of signing for us he seemed wary
I was losing my mind
cos he still hadn't signed
But he's signed now and answered my ..... quary ? :oops:

Only joking of course, but you knew that!

Sep 6, 2006
Pootle's Pom Pom":1wipr369 said:
Balham_Green":1wipr369 said:
IJN":1wipr369 said:
Yep he sure did.

I wa certain he'd go, and said so several times.

Unlike some, I'm very, very happy to say I was wrong.

'unlike some'. Never one to take every opportunity to try to take the high ground are you?

Never one to take a dig are you?

You and me both eh?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Steve Evans":3uyrrb7p said:
Biggs":3uyrrb7p said:
mervyn":3uyrrb7p said:
As someone who migrated here in the eighties to obtain a better family life-style than that offered by London, I can appreciate this. Which is why I've got increasingly annoyed with argyle managers who have complained about the apparent difficulty in persuading players to move to what they considered a soccer outpost. Ken Brown was the worst for this, moaning every week that he couldn't get the players he wanted, probably mainly Londoners, because of our location.
Yet our three most successful managers, Smith, Sturrock and Adams, all moved here from the greatest distance and had/have no difficulty selling the region to new signings.

Added to this very good point, how many Argyle players and managers end up basing themselves in the city/region the rest of their lives?

Rory Fallon, Barry Hayles, Geoff Crudgington, Neil Warnock, Luggy off the top of my head.... there must be countless others. Perhaps Graham and his family will be here 20 years from now as well :thumbs:
gordon nisbet

Bill Short, Fred Titmuss, Tommy Tynan, Kevin Hodges, Johnny Williams, Bill Harper. The list is endless.

May 22, 2006
Doyley43":37jq01i5 said:

I've been using this board for about eighty years and I've never known you could do that.

How?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Ham Green":i7c1lsi3 said:
Doyley43":i7c1lsi3 said:

I've been using this board for about eighty years and I've never known you could do that.

How?
Click on 'search' at top of home page. Select an author (X Isle). Go down to 'sort results in 'ascending' order', then 'limit results to 'last 3 months'' and count the number of times that the 'suspect' has posted on the subject thread.

Eighty years!!! You are the legend that is Peter Hall and I claim my £5 ;)

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Have been moving house for the past 2 days so have only just read this.

Best Argyle news I could've hoped for!

:scarf: :nworthy: :scarf:

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Metal_Green_Mickey":c4mp7k9q said:
Pettgreen":c4mp7k9q said:
Having spent the entire day pretending to make love to a mannequin ooops I mean doing a first aid course in central London, to come back and read, what can only be described as the happiest PASOTI thread ever, permission to shout "Hooray"?

Hoo "bleddy" ray with knobs on!

When you said "Permission to shout "Hooray".......This made me laugh.

It sounds like something George (aka Hugh Laurie's character) would say in BlackAdder 4!

'Twas the root of my inspiration! :greensmile: