FA Youth Cup Third Round (Argyle win on penalties) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Youth Cup Third Round (Argyle win on penalties)

G

Greenskin

Quintrell_Green":1jhm3r6h said:
Well done to the lads. I wonder when was the last time an Argyle team played a Man City team in a Cup competition at Home Park

I can think of that great League Cup semi-final over 2 legs in the 70's when Argyle drew with Mam City at Maine Rd, then lost at Home park, with the away team including the likes of Colin Bell and Rodney Marsh both England internationals. Argyle, I seem to recall had stand-out players in Mariner Machin and Furnell in goal.

I cannot think of anything since. Any offers?

They beat Argyle 6-3 at Home park in the league cup,can't remember which year but think it was in Ken Browns time.They also beat Argyle 3-1 in the FA cup at Maine road probably about 1987,went to that one-disappoinnting result but great atmos in a proper football ground.

Apr 27, 2006
well done to the youth team
whatever happens in the future for these guys, they will always have this. In addition, they will learn that effort and teamwork will always be able to match privilege.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I wish I could enjoy Saturdays at HP as I did tonight, a great result and a truly stunning performance. Keeper and defence were heroic and on the break we looked dangerous. They had the edge on technical ability but couldn`t match us for heart.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
jerryatricjanner":2261dj0c said:
Didn't we draw at Home Park and then lose at City? Just been alerted to this, what a fantastic result for those youngsters. Well done to all concerned.
1-1 here JJ Steve Davey scoring our goal. Then we lost 2-0 up there.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Zackly what I thought MM. The time of the 3 day week and afternoon kick offs.

May 22, 2006
Great result for the lads.

Man Utd also got knocked out on penalties last night, to Derby at Pride Park.

Tomorrow night Scunny face Chelsea.

Apr 29, 2016
Michael Cooper outstanding, followed by Ryan Law and Cameron Sangster. To beat Man City was amazing. City prepared well too, flying down yesterday and staying in a hotel overnight. What a night!!

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
Great rearguard performance by our lads, against a very talented Man City side.
They kept their shape very well, and in truth, winning on penalties was the only way they were going to win, on the way the game went. I was very impressed with Ryan Law at LB

Aug 8, 2017
German Shepherd":14qxiunt said:
Fylde v Argyle Ladies & Burnley v Argyle youth, both within half an hour of my front door, happy days !

Happy days. Fylde right on my doorstep.