FA Youth Cup Third Round (Argyle win on penalties) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Youth Cup Third Round (Argyle win on penalties)

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Brilliant performance. Some outstanding individual performances from Ryan Law, Cameron Sangster, Mike Cooper but it is probably unfair to single out individuals because they all worked their socks off.

Apr 27, 2009
Just caught up with this, amazing result ! I'm so proud and happy for the lads, they must be busting with pride right now !!

Apr 1, 2009
My partner grew up close to Maine Road, worked for City at one time, and is a diehard City fan (though she's been to a couple of hundred Argyle games).

First night of bragging rights in a 17 year relationship! Well done to everyone involved.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Well done to the lads. I wonder when was the last time an Argyle team played a Man City team in a Cup competition at Home Park

I can think of that great League Cup semi-final over 2 legs in the 70's when Argyle drew with Mam City at Maine Rd, then lost at Home park, with the away team including the likes of Colin Bell and Rodney Marsh both England internationals. Argyle, I seem to recall had stand-out players in Mariner Machin and Furnell in goal.

I cannot think of anything since. Any offers?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Didn't we draw at Home Park and then lose at City? Just been alerted to this, what a fantastic result for those youngsters. Well done to all concerned.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":3geg6iqh said:
Well done to the lads. I wonder when was the last time an Argyle team played a Man City team in a Cup competition at Home Park

I can think of that great League Cup semi-final over 2 legs in the 70's when Argyle drew with Mam City at Maine Rd, then lost at Home park, with the away team including the likes of Colin Bell and Rodney Marsh both England internationals. Argyle, I seem to recall had stand-out players in Mariner Machin and Furnell in goal.

I cannot think of anything since. Any offers?
Taken from page 1 of this thread:

Where are they now? Plymouth Argyle's 2007/08 FA Youth Cup quarter-final squad

Georgieboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Mar 17, 2015
Top class lads.Did man City know home park is the end of England,they do now. :funny: