Exeter City Match Thread | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter City Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2005
It's all about being realistic and taking one game at a time.

I want Argyle to win on Saturday and to ultimately gain promotion as much as anyone else.

It's just that I don't wear green glasses like some appear to.

Nov 16, 2006
demportdave":1wcv3tna said:

I want Argyle to win on Saturday and to ultimately gain promotion as much as anyone else.

There is a LOT of sensible middle ground between wearing "green glasses" and slagging off the way a manager sets up a team who are second in the league after another excellent result away from home yesterday.

G

Greenskin

demportdave":3t8ud8tl said:

Don't think it was particularly realistic to compare the match yesterday with the one at Liverpool. I'm not really a great believer in the relevance of match stats as such but Argyle apparently did have 12 attempts at goal yesterday, which would suggest that a bit more time was spent in the opposition half than was the case at Anfield. As I said in a post yesterday, sometimes it's a question of having to defend-if the roles were reversed and Argyle were 1-0 down at home to Cambridge, what would your reaction be if they didn't have a real go as Cambridge did in the second half? You'd be on here moaning like hell about it. And rightly so.

Jul 6, 2005
Green Neil":dt0loj2q said:
demportdave":dt0loj2q said:

There is a LOT of sensible middle ground between wearing "green glasses" and slagging off the way a manager sets up a team who are second in the league after another excellent result away from home yesterday.
I never mentioned yesterday's game.

I don't have a problem if you don't share my view of Adams and his tactics, this is supposed to be a discussion board. But why do you use phrases as "slagging off the Manager"?

I have a lot of respect for Adams because I think he is working very hard to get us promoted, but there are a number of things with which I don't agree.

Literally thousands of Argyle fans would like to see Adams change to playing 2 forwards in every game (for the record, not me) and it has been the cause of much debate and criticism over the last 18 months or so.

Does that also constitute "slagging off the Manager"?

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
demportdave":nq785a59 said:
Green Neil":nq785a59 said:
demportdave":nq785a59 said:

I don't have a problem if you don't share my view of Adams and his tactics, this is supposed to be a discussion board. But why do you use phrases as "slagging off the Manager"?

I have a lot of respect for Adams because I think he is working very hard to get us promoted, but there are a number of things with which I don't agree.

Literally thousands of Argyle fans would like to see Adams change to playing 2 forwards in every game (for the record, not me) and it has been the cause of much debate and criticism over the last 18 months or so.

Come on dd, you should know by now that any analysis of tactics ist verboten and constitutes having your 'claws out for Adams'

Nov 16, 2006
up_the_line":38klknkg said:
demportdave":38klknkg said:
Green Neil":38klknkg said:
demportdave":38klknkg said:

Come on dd, you should know by now that any analysis of tactics ist verboten and constitutes having your 'claws out for Adams'

My mistake then...just that I took "the way that Adams sets us up to start games slowly and allow our opponents to take the initiative" as not too complimentary!

I don't things are perfect either but I find it surprising that you honestly think that our manager's plan is to let the opposition take the initiative in games.

As you say its a discussion board, so in exactly the same way as you're perfectly entitled to that opinion, it doesn't mean people who as pleased as punch with the majority of our performances are wearing "green glasses".

Anyway, we're in a nice position next week where a win will be huge but a draw would still be a decent result - either would leave us witj a big buffer over the team a that a number of people seem convinced will catch us up.

Sep 15, 2012
demportdave":3iptj785 said:

Been wearing them for 58 years

B

Baby Face Johnson

Any ticket news yet? Still nothing on the website :banghead: Anybody seen anything on Twitter? Is it actually a sellout, anybody know? If it is, shouldn't they be warning people not to come without a ticket? Or is it all-ticket? Have they even announced that?

A

ArgyleBoyJosh

I guess i would take a point from this one but obviously it would be brilliant to end their unbeaten streak, Saturday can't come soon enough! would like to see the same team as we started vs Cambridge.

As for the Temp seats, hope they get these sorted, im guessing its pretty much sold out just restricted views left!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Genuine question, have they played and beaten any of the top three yet? Or are they simply picking off the also rans?

They do seem to be quite excitable at the moment.

They're a strange lot.

If the win on Saturday ( :lol: ) they'll be taken on Barca in a few seasons time, if they lose it'll be the usual 'our coaches were smashed' or 'I saw them eat three kids in red and white shirts' etc. :roll:

It'll all quieten down when we send them up the A38 well spanked.

Marino Keith anyone. :scarf:

Now remember the words "We'll never play you again......................".

Aug 5, 2005
IJN":1fmqiucz said:
Genuine question, have they played and beaten any of the top three yet? Or are they simply picking off the also rans?

Here's the teams theyve played on their recent run. All wins apart from the Yeovil game

A Newport
A Yeovil (draw)
H Mansfield
A Cheltenham
H Wycombe
A Pompey
H Colchester
A Grimsby
H Orient
H Crewe

Against the other top teams Exeter haven't done well at all

Luton - drew away
Doncaster - lost at home
Carlisle - lost away
ARGYLE - LOST AT HOME

Edited - I included their loss to Luton in the FA Cup, now corrected

Mar 14, 2009
Quizmike":18w8waiw said:
IJN":18w8waiw said:

Here's the teams theyve played on their recent run. All wins apart from the Yeovil game

A Newport
A Yeovil (draw)
H Mansfield
A Cheltenham
H Wycombe
A Pompey
H Colchester
A Grimsby
H Orient
H Crewe

Luton - drew away and lost at home
Doncaster - lost at home
Carlisle - lost away
ARGYLE - LOST AT HOME

Wycombe at H were on a 16 game unbeaten run

Pompey at Fratton is always difficult

Colchester at H who were on a 9 game unbeaten run

It's not so much who they have played. I mean a number of teams in this league have and will go on a run. It's more the fact they have smashed these teams by 3 or 4 goals which is the impressive part.

This stat alone suggests there is a gulf in class when comparing their ability to their opponents.

Aug 5, 2005
Just to add Exeter's last two games of the season are away at Doncaster and home to Carlisle

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Metal_Green_Mickey":23wxl860 said:
Quizmike":23wxl860 said:
IJN":23wxl860 said:

A Newport
A Yeovil (draw)
H Mansfield
A Cheltenham
H Wycombe
A Pompey
H Colchester
A Grimsby
H Orient
H Crewe

Doncaster - lost at home
Carlisle - lost away
ARGYLE - LOST AT HOME

It's not so much who they have played. I mean a number of teams in this league have and will go on a run. It's more the fact they have smashed these teams by 3 or 4 goals which is the impressive part.

This stat alone suggests there is a gulf in class when comparing their ability to their opponents.

Did you manage to get a ticket. Your lot were only given 1500 which is 600 more than you usually need.

Mar 14, 2009
Ade the green":wbuv2wfz said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":wbuv2wfz said:
Quizmike":wbuv2wfz said:
IJN":wbuv2wfz said:

A Newport
A Yeovil (draw)
H Mansfield
A Cheltenham
H Wycombe
A Pompey
H Colchester
A Grimsby
H Orient
H Crewe

Doncaster - lost at home
Carlisle - lost away
ARGYLE - LOST AT HOME

Did you manage to get a ticket. Your lot were only given 1500 which is 600 more than you usually need.

Yeah I did. Argyle sent me this Green membership thingy in August and so I just rocked up every time Plymouth were home to find that I could walk just right in. I accidentally wore this shirt from 03/04 (I have washed it since) with the words Green Army on it and sometimes I can be seen singing a song about someone called Carey. Every time they (Argyle) bang it in the net I find myself standing up and clapping. Off to see the doctor about that next week :whistle:

I have also commented what a good side I think Wycombe are. Especially from dead balls situations, they could be the best in the league with their left footed full back whipping them in. Portsmouth are a good side but the only trouble is they cant find the back of the net. With Eoin Doyle signed I do believe he will help Portsmouth have a late run.

Does this make me a Wycombe or Pompey fan now?

If we spank them (Exeter) by all means you can say what the hell was I on about!

Status
Not open for further replies.