Exeter City Match Thread | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter City Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2013
Removed by Site Admin and suspended for a week. You have been warned.

Bullying will not be tolerated on this site.

Sep 15, 2012
Can't believe so called fans on here are predicting we will lose and it's no problem
We won't lose, we won't draw we will dick them
Remember you so called fans
There's only ONE team in Devon!!!
Green Army!!

Sep 23, 2005
Usually can't stand it when we play that lot, hate all the agro and the aftermath should things not go well living in the east of our county. Looking forward to this one though.
No arguing with the run they've been on but wouldn't it be marvellous to burst their bubble and break BBC Spotlight's hearts? If it goes the other way, fair play to them but our season doesn't end there.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
jollygreenjohn":ivyejysu said:
Usually can't stand it when we play that lot, hate all the agro and the aftermath should things not go well living in the east of our county. Looking forward to this one though.
No arguing with the run they've been on but wouldn't it be marvellous to burst their bubble and break BBC Spotlight's hearts? If it goes the other way, fair play to them but our season doesn't end there.
Well said John. Their unbeaten run has got to be respected. It would be great if we can end it.

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
Their run of form is astonishing, they were awful at their place earlier in the season and I must admit I thought they would go down, I think their self belief will be on a different planet for this game, Tis is a remarkable manager at this level.

It's been said before though that their run has to come to an end soon... :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
What better place than a glorious Home Park to end it.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
At the time of their slump, the Trust passed a vote of no confidence in Tisdale.

Does that still stand or has that been reversed?

Mar 14, 2009
green eyed monster":2bvjja6u said:
Their run of form is astonishing, they were awful at their place earlier in the season and I must admit I thought they would go down, I think their self belief will be on a different planet for this game, Tis is a remarkable manager at this level.

It's been said before though that their run has to come to an end soon... :scarf:

Exeter fans don't appreciate him. Some even say if they go back on a bad run again this season he should be sacked :facepalm: That was proven by the vote of no confidence by their trust.

They really don't get how hard this league is and with the budget he has that he is working miracles at that club just to keep them out of the bottom half of the table.

You think this season they are the Accrington Stanley of the division. There is always a team that someone has put together on a shoe string budget that does well. The trouble is once they sell Watkins and Ampadu they will try to replace, and they might through their academy, but as Accrington have found out this season that on a small budget that it is very hard to obtain that same standard the following season.

Good luck to them. If they go up they deserve it. Yet they find it hard enough in this league to compete financially so god knows how they would survive in league one. This is even after the amount of decent sales they have had (e.g. Matt Grimes). However, they do have a very good training ground now which l have to admit is something that can only help their production line.

When they did get to league one, even with Tisdale's magic, they couldn't compete. Getting promoted will only highlight their better players to get cherry picked off.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Qoo3939L":28w00llk said:
Can't believe so called fans on here are predicting we will lose and it's no problem
Green Army!!

"I saw a banner unveiled before the game. I would like to say Devon is green and white tonight - and it always will be." -Derek Adams

Jul 29, 2010
Qoo3939L":33s6hyu3 said:
Green Army!!
What a silly post, I guess you'd call that 'so called' blind faith.

In no game this season have we been in such imperious form to justify a god given right to "dick" anyone. So such bombastic sabre rattling ahead of meeting wirh a side on a run of form we'd kill for is just about as stupid as King Canute believing he can stop the tide.

It doesn't matter a jot who the opposition is, you respect form like that. I know Derek Adams will, the chances of his team talk including "we're the only team in Devon so just go out and dick them" is pretty slim :funny:

They are the favorites, on form alone, any 'so called' rational and pragmatic fan can see that. If anyone is likely to get 'dicked' on current form, it's us.

I'm clinging to the desperate hope that everyone else sees it too. Expect nothing and the positive side of 'typical Argo' kicks in, we win where we're expected not to :wink:

Too much of your tub thumping and bleedin' obvious common sense defying clap trap though and it's guaranteed to end in tears.

Jul 29, 2010
Larry David":1lr8g7ab said:
Franks copped a one match ban! Means he's out for the City game!
Thankfully we've got cover in that position, plenty of us can fill in :thumbs:

Sep 23, 2005
Metal_Green_Mickey":2tkxyb58 said:
green eyed monster":2tkxyb58 said:

Exeter fans don't appreciate him. Some even say if they go back on a bad run again this season he should be sacked :facepalm: That was proven by the vote of no confidence by their trust.

They really don't get how hard this league is and with the budget he has that he is working miracles at that club just to keep them out of the bottom half of the table.

You think this season they are the Accrington Stanley of the division. There is always a team that someone has put together on a shoe string budget that does well. The trouble is once they sell Watkins and Ampadu they will try to replace, and they might through their academy, but as Accrington have found out this season that on a small budget that it is very hard to obtain that same standard the following season.

Good luck to them. If they go up they deserve it. Yet they find it hard enough in this league to compete financially so god knows how they would survive in league one. This is even after the amount of decent sales they have had (e.g. Matt Grimes). However, they do have a very good training ground now which l have to admit is something that can only help their production line.

When they did get to league one, even with Tisdale's magic, they couldn't compete. Getting promoted will only highlight their better players to get cherry picked off.
They have changed their tune though. They were all for Tisdale out back then now remind them of it and selective memory kicks in. Nobody wanted him out apparently only his contract negotiated.

Mar 14, 2009
People build this game up but it's only worth 3pts.

I know it's bragging rights but come on, the budget they have and them on such low gates l don't really think it's hard to care what they do. The city isn't a footballing city. I feel the same for them as Torquay. When we play them l want to win. Yet having sides do well in our region is good for football in this part of the world.

I would be more gutted to lose a few days later to Leyton Orient at home because those are the games where teams are really struggling and you must win if you want promotion.

I think rivalry is built up over inter-city rivalries or teams that have memorable games. I hate Burley more than l do Exeter. That Burnley loss at home hurt and the relegation to them in league one at turf moor. The way they fans reacted showed no class. For me rivalry happens bevcause of passionate incidents over time. With Exeter they are a community club, and developing youngsters for the future of our game. Something to admire about that as more clubs of that statue in the lower leagues should be producing youth for the benefit of the game as a whole.

To really ignite the rivalry for me it would take a playoff finals win / defeat, at Wembley. You need stand out games, not league two fixtures, to really build this fixture up.

If l am being unfair tell me what sticks in your memory the most. A 96/97 relegation fixture at turf moor for a 2-1 loss or a 3-2 win at SJP in 2001 in our promotion season?

Mar 8, 2016
they are reaping the benifits in sticking with a good manager. If they sacked him a couple of months ago they would still be languishing at the bottom of the league. I wonder if they will do a u-turn on his contract, because haven't they served his notice? Muppets. Onto Saturday though, all good runs come to an end, no better time than for us to knock them down a peg or two, we will have to be on top of our game as they are scoring almost at will. Keep it tight at the back and Iam confident we will get a goal or two. i get the impression Derek likes Derby matches, he should get the players well up for this. Will be a good match. COYG

Status
Not open for further replies.