Exeter City Match Thread | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter City Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2005
I anticipate most of the new signings starting the game - I hope they know what this fixture means to the Supporters.

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
:iagree:
bringonthemilkman":323b4ouz said:
I really don't get why it is necessary to boo ex players. Personally I think it is small time and classless. Reuben gave us good service during the time he was here. Adams clearly didn't expect to get many games out of him which was reflected in the reduced contract offer.
If anyone is to blame for him ending up at Executer it is Sheridan who played him every game for 6months when he should not have been on the pitch. How many medicals did he fail before he reached the last chance saloon? Exeter were prepared to take a chance on him when no one else would.
A bit of appreciation for what he did for us would be more appropriate than any form of abuse. Before the game, after or when he's subbed would be good

:iagree:

Aug 11, 2013
A draw would suit me perfectly fine tomorrow. All about pointage. You're not going to win every game. A point keeps them the same points gap apart. This is 'mustn't lose game' for me - anything else will suit fine.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
bringonthemilkman":ldr2yskz said:
I really don't get why it is necessary to boo ex players. Personally I think it is small time and classless. Reuben gave us good service during the time he was here. Adams clearly didn't expect to get many games out of him which was reflected in the reduced contract offer.
If anyone is to blame for him ending up at Executer it is Sheridan who played him every game for 6months when he should not have been on the pitch. How many medicals did he fail before he reached the last chance saloon? Exeter were prepared to take a chance on him when no one else would.
A bit of appreciation for what he did for us would be more appropriate than any form of abuse. Before the game, after or when he's subbed would be good

Dream on! What is this "good service " bo11ocks, he was payed well, did his job when not injured ( which was a lot ). I wish we offered him more and he stayed with us,but we didn't. He now plays for Exeter, so regardless of the ifs & buts of booing him, the only judgement call that should made is the fact that he's an Exeter player. Boo or not boo on that basis. Booooooo...

Aug 15, 2008
cannot wait. rip them apart we will. im confident that our new players will tell.

3-0 home win. maybe 3-1.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
X Isle":2ieqtrrk said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2ieqtrrk said:
If Argyle lose tomorrow people will go bonkers. And yet the game l think that is more important to get 3pts from is Leyton Orient. Terrible form and being beaten by everyone. You know exactly Argyle will end up dropping points from this kind of game. That would be more criminal.

For me lm looking forward to seeing the new players. Have they made our team stronger?

We should have more pace, creativity and threat now.

Yet have we sorted out our set piece issue? Are we still letting people get free headers in the box?

Two counter attacking teams. I expect Argyle to sit back because they won't want to be exploited down the channels. Cagey game until the first goal. Then someone has to open up.
That fits with my thoughts going into it. It's just three points we risk losing, it's no 'all or nothing Waterloo' fixture.

I'd be delighted with a draw. I doubt we'll play for one ut if we get it we'll be by far the happier with a point than them.

But the almighty poo fit that will ensue on here unless we win makes me glad it's my turn to drive home and I won't have to endure it.

We're at home against our local rivals, second in the league and going for promotion. You'd be delighted with a draw! Really! I'd be delighted with a win , nothing more nothing less, a draw would disappoint me greatly.

Feb 2, 2007
Cobi Budge":25x74yta said:
Just watched Spotlight, god they are desperate for Exeter to win this.

Could they be any less bias, is just to balance Gordon Sparks presenting Radio Devon brekkie show? Unnecessary backing of Exeter again! Not going to watch it from now on...To be honest I have always preferred Westcountry. Sensible pundits over there!!

:scarf:

Mar 14, 2009
nick_PASTIE":1z8yb6nx said:
Cobi Budge":1z8yb6nx said:
Just watched Spotlight, god they are desperate for Exeter to win this.

Could they be any less bias, is just to balance Gordon Sparks presenting Radio Devon brekkie Unnecessary backing of Exeter again! Not going to watch it from now on...To be honest I have always preferred Westcountry. Sensible pundits over there!!

:scarf:

I know spotlight arent great, but really guys???

An interview with Tisdale & Wheeler and interview with Adams and Sawyer.

Seemed balanced tonight.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Wasn't as blatant as usual but they definitely spoke negatively about us, trying to insinuate we'd been on holiday all week, and they were bigging up City to be like Barce, couldn't stop going on about their form.

Jul 6, 2005
Cobi Budge":llie8q0b said:
Wasn't as blatant as usual but they definitely spoke negatively about us, trying to insinuate we'd been on holiday all week, and they were bigging up City to be like Barce, couldn't stop going on about their form.
Come on Cobi, do you really think the Spotlight people thought that Argyle players have been on holiday?

Exeter have won 7 on the trot and 10 from 12 with 2 draws; they are on a fantastic run that has taken them from being one of the relegation favourites to one of the favourites to make the Play-offs, or maybe even automatic. They are in a very similar position to where Bristol Rovers were at this time last season.

If that was Argyle, a lot of our fans would expect it to be the main news story on CNN.

Perhaps it's because I'm from a different generation, but I can't understand the paranoia of some Argyle fans regarding Exeter. To me, regardless of our respective League positions, Exeter will always be the little club up the road.

It's not a Manchester United - Bury sort of thing, it's more like Sheffield United - Chesterfield.

Mar 14, 2009
I admit coverage has been terrible with that guy Gibbons.

The worst thing was when he co-commentator on a home game of ours. It was painful.

DemportDave is right, there is a lot of paranoia from Argyle fans when concerning Exeter. Who cares? We somehow have made a rivalry when really there isn't one. Hammering Exeter might be a great short term gain but in the long term its not like they are ever going to be a club that you want to have a sustained rivalry with because if you do you end up forever in the lower tier of the football league.

Aug 5, 2016
It's not paranoia - Spotlight has been deliberately Exeter City for years. Argyle goals are always shown after Exeter. Argyle are always discussed after Exeter. (Sometimes we used to be after Torquay too). Any neutral watching would be under the impression that Exeter City are the leading football side in the county, and what is that based on?

This is in spite of the fact our league position for about 99% of the club's history has been above Exeter and twice as many fans go to Home Park than St James's.

Status
Not open for further replies.