Exeter City Match Thread | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter City Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
What a contrast!!!

Exeter 18 points in 2017, Leyton Orient 0 points in 2017.

What chance of 'typical Argyle' by 2200 on Tuesday?

Jan 31, 2017
Bristol Rich":3o2wnp0n said:
RocketGreen":3o2wnp0n said:
Ponty":3o2wnp0n said:
Ham Green":3o2wnp0n said:
To all those thinking they can upset Reuben on Saturday - don't kid yourself. He's a black footballer (one of the more notorious ones at that) plying his trade in lower-league football. You'd have to be some kind of wordsmith to say something he won't have heard before.
Don't see why you had to mention the colour of his skin? It really doesn't make any difference does it? Liked him when he was with us but hope he fails on Saturday.

The comment was not made in a racist way at all, you'd have to be blind to not realise that black footballers get more abuse than white footballers. I agree, being a black footballer must be so much harder than being a white footballer, he must have heard a lot of more personal insults, as opposed to if he was white, and that was what the post was pointing out!

I cannot remember the last time I heard racist chanting at Argyle or abuse due a player's skin colour, the race issues doesn't have to be mentioned in every debate about a player. It seems a bit Dianne Abbott esk.

Never said that it happened at argyle, this whole thing has been taken way further than it should have! All I am saying is that he is more likely to be subject to more personal abuse because he is black, than if he was white. I never said that he has been subject to racist abuse, but unfortunately there are racist football fans in this country, possibly not at argyle, and you are more likely to get racist abuse if you are black as opposed to white! The whole point of HG's original post was that whatever the argyle fans may say to him on Saturday, he will have heard much worse.

May 16, 2016
Regarding showing support for ex players playing for City, I'm not one to say boo to a goose, I certainly won't be giving anyone the clap, I might stick a thumb up but I wont make a fist of it.

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
Guiri Green":gj4tfrvo said:
Regarding showing support for ex players playing for City, I'm not one to say boo to a goose, I certainly won't be giving anyone the clap, I might stick a thumb up but I wont make a fist of it.

I should hope not :lol:

May 4, 2015
I'll be booing him for the 90 mins, just like I'll be flicking V's at a few mates who are in the Exeter end.

After the match we'll share a pint though - during the match fierce enemies.

Aug 5, 2016
RocketGreen":pqa2d9fz said:
Bristol Rich":pqa2d9fz said:
RocketGreen":pqa2d9fz said:
Ponty":pqa2d9fz said:
Ham Green":pqa2d9fz said:
To all those thinking they can upset Reuben on Saturday - don't kid yourself. He's a black footballer (one of the more notorious ones at that) plying his trade in lower-league football. You'd have to be some kind of wordsmith to say something he won't have heard before.
Don't see why you had to mention the colour of his skin? It really doesn't make any difference does it? Liked him when he was with us but hope he fails on Saturday.

The comment was not made in a racist way at all, you'd have to be blind to not realise that black footballers get more abuse than white footballers. I agree, being a black footballer must be so much harder than being a white footballer, he must have heard a lot of more personal insults, as opposed to if he was white, and that was what the post was pointing out!

I cannot remember the last time I heard racist chanting at Argyle or abuse due a player's skin colour, the race issues doesn't have to be mentioned in every debate about a player. It seems a bit Dianne Abbott esk.

Never said that it happened at argyle, this whole thing has been taken way further than it should have! All I am saying is that he is more likely to be subject to more personal abuse because he is black, than if he was white. I never said that he has been subject to racist abuse, but unfortunately there are racist football fans in this country, possibly not at argyle, and you are more likely to get racist abuse if you are black as opposed to white! The whole point of HG's original post was that whatever the argyle fans may say to him on Saturday, he will have heard much worse.

Black players get more abuse than white players?

Reuben was a hero for us, now he's loved at Exeter as is Ollie Watkins.

Luke McCormick gets abuse up and down the country, as does Lee Hughes, Ched Evans, Joey Barton and John Terry.

I really don't understand where you are getting at with the race angle. Players are largely popular or not based on what they say and do, and how hard they try.

Reuben scored goals for us - if he gets booed tomorrow it will most likely be due to the fact he is playing in an Exeter shirt and is one of their key goal threats. A player could be from the Balkans, Brazil or China and this would still be the case. I doubt them lot were overjoyed when Mackie left for us either. Exeter would have hardly given him a guard of honour if he'd have returned in an Argyle shirt and tucked a goal away.

Aug 1, 2016
Don't think he deserves any sort of applause from Argyle. Left us for our rivals when he was offered a new contract. I think the Judas songs will cause him to get sent off as he clearly got angry after the game at Exeter trying to start a fight and that was only 1000 of us. Now he returns to a sold out Home Park with even more people to force him off his game. Reckon we will catch Exeter off guard tomorrow and the pace of Kennedy will shock them a bit. :scarf:

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
I really don't get why it is necessary to boo ex players. Personally I think it is small time and classless. Reuben gave us good service during the time he was here. Adams clearly didn't expect to get many games out of him which was reflected in the reduced contract offer.
If anyone is to blame for him ending up at Executer it is Sheridan who played him every game for 6months when he should not have been on the pitch. How many medicals did he fail before he reached the last chance saloon? Exeter were prepared to take a chance on him when no one else would.
A bit of appreciation for what he did for us would be more appropriate than any form of abuse. Before the game, after or when he's subbed would be good

Mar 14, 2009
If Argyle lose tomorrow people will go bonkers. And yet the game l think that is more important to get 3pts from is Leyton Orient. Terrible form and being beaten by everyone. You know exactly Argyle will end up dropping points from this kind of game. That would be more criminal.

For me lm looking forward to seeing the new players. Have they made our team stronger?

We should have more pace, creativity and threat now.

Yet have we sorted out our set piece issue? Are we still letting people get free headers in the box?

Two counter attacking teams. I expect Argyle to sit back because they won't want to be exploited down the channels. Cagey game until the first goal. Then someone has to open up.

Jul 29, 2010
Metal_Green_Mickey":3amr1xxp said:
If Argyle lose tomorrow people will go bonkers. And yet the game l think that is more important to get 3pts from is Leyton Orient. Terrible form and being beaten by everyone. You know exactly Argyle will end up dropping points from this kind of game. That would be more criminal.

For me lm looking forward to seeing the new players. Have they made our team stronger?

We should have more pace, creativity and threat now.

Yet have we sorted out our set piece issue? Are we still letting people get free headers in the box?

Two counter attacking teams. I expect Argyle to sit back because they won't want to be exploited down the channels. Cagey game until the first goal. Then someone has to open up.
That fits with my thoughts going into it. It's just three points we risk losing, it's no 'all or nothing Waterloo' fixture.

I'd be delighted with a draw. I doubt we'll play for one ut if we get it we'll be by far the happier with a point than them.

But the almighty poo fit that will ensue on here unless we win makes me glad it's my turn to drive home and I won't have to endure it.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I really don't enjoy Pasoti after a defeat. Lots of gnashing of teeth!

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Just looking forward to the game it is all set up nicely for a cracker
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Really looking forward to match. Pre match has started, I'm in the Brit....

Status
Not open for further replies.