Craig Tanner (merged x 4) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Craig Tanner (merged x 4)

Sep 25, 2010
He has been released by Reading, therefore now a free agent.

DA had to send him back to Reading, as he was their player.

So now he could sign for us permanently, if he is wanted by DA

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
He could. If.

It seems unlikely to me though. Both seasons he was with us he seems to have progressively dropped further and further away from the starting line-up as the season has progressed. There's no particular reason to think that Derek Adams sees him as an answer to anything.

Mar 8, 2016
It would be quite disappointing if Derek Adams didn't try and sign tanner, he's young and already played a lot of football for argyle, a good player available on a free transfer.

Dec 2, 2010
The issue is whether DA thinks he can do it in L1. Over 80 starts and 12 goals with us shows he has the ability at this level. DA places a lot as well on team spirit and character and Tanner has proved himself there as well as being good friends with OT....which can only help spurring each other on.

Apr 1, 2009
Can't see why anyone thinks that Adams might sign Tanner. DA has thrown sentiment out of the window with a serious cull of the playing staff, casting aside most of those who weren't getting regular starts towards the end of the season. Tanner often struggled to get on the bench. I think it's blatantly clear that DA doesn't see a future for CT at Argyle. Face facts, he's not coming back - plenty of other decent players out there.

Nov 18, 2011
xmastree":rpiet94v said:
Can't see why anyone thinks that Adams might sign Tanner. DA has thrown sentiment out of the window with a serious cull of the playing staff, casting aside most of those who weren't getting regular starts towards the end of the season. Tanner often struggled to get on the bench. I think it's blatantly clear that DA doesn't see a future for CT at Argyle. Face facts, he's not coming back - plenty of other decent players out there.

Yep, I agree with this. It's clear that the relationship had broken down between Tanner and Adams towards the end of the season. Why on earth Adams would sign someone who he doesn't get on with?

I also agree with the people who said that he hasn't improved as much as he should have done over the past two years, it's clear that Reading feel the same way hence they're releasing him.